Fallout 3: New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Brotherhood is very good, but some of the things in it felt a little poorly implemented. The horse riding seemed like a joke after playing Red Dead Redemption so much.

Overall I'm glad I just rented it from gamefly because even though it's a good game, it's a little TOO familiar to AC2.

And for some reason my Fallout NV save hasn't crashed at all...
    The horse riding in Red Dead was like drunk driving in GTA 4. Also Brotherhood is nothing but a bridge connecting AC2 to AC3, it isn't going to be top notch like those games are, or will be.

As for New Vegas, I took a chance at it today, was able to play for about and hour with no crashes. I deleted the game data and re-installed everything including the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      The horse riding in Red Dead was like drunk driving in GTA 4. Also Brotherhood is nothing but a bridge connecting AC2 to AC3, it isn't going to be top notch like those games are, or will be.

As for New Vegas, I took a chance at it today, was able to play for about and hour with no crashes. I deleted the game data and re-installed everything including the patch.
      Are you saying you didn't like the horse riding? I thought it was awesome.

Comment

Are you saying you didn't like the horse riding? I thought it was awesome.
        I liked the horse riding in Red Dead, I made the GTA comparison because it was fun drunk driving in that game

Comment

Just finished my play through of this game a couple days ago. I didn't have any bugs or crashes at all (xbox). I took down the Legendary deathclaw with a huge trail of mines, the anti-material rifle, and Lily wielding the "Oh Baby!" super sledge. Whoooop-arse!

I talked my way out of the end (80 speech + magazine), I felt crappy and disappointed afterwards, so don't do that.

What factions did you go with? I went NCR like the whole way but the end gets surprisingly tough (morally).

I might play through again with the Kahns and be a crazy drugged-out bumper sword melee guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            I liked the horse riding in Red Dead, I made the GTA comparison because it was fun drunk driving in that game
            Ah okay. Yeah, the drunk driving was fun, but the normal driving was 100% ass.

Comment

Back to Fallout, the game is AWESOME. It has a few bugs but also it helped me out one time when I almost died (radscorpion got caught inside a big rock). I'm playing through for my 3rd time now first I helped the NCR which was ok. Next I helped Mr. House which I really enjoyed. Now I'm helping the legion and I'm coming up to the end of that and so far it has been the easiest. I love the western theme to it and I can't wait for the next one already.

P.S. I still haven't had to kill one Deathclaw...they are so damn hard in this game I just avoid them at all costs and save the ammo and stimpaks
              sigpic
              Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
              You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
              You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
              Have It All - Blu3
              Conceited - Blu3
              Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
              All On You - Blu3

Comment

Originally posted by Foez View Post
                Back to Fallout, the game is AWESOME. It has a few bugs but also it helped me out one time when I almost died (radscorpion got caught inside a big rock). I'm playing through for my 3rd time now first I helped the NCR which was ok. Next I helped Mr. House which I really enjoyed. Now I'm helping the legion and I'm coming up to the end of that and so far it has been the easiest. I love the western theme to it and I can't wait for the next one already.

P.S. I still haven't had to kill one Deathclaw...they are so damn hard in this game I just avoid them at all costs and save the ammo and stimpaks
                Deathclaws aren't hard if you know what to do. Just use AP ammo... It's just when you have atleast 5 of them after you then they can get annoying. I honestly find a pack of Cazadors more irritating than Deathclaws.

Comment

That's my problem with them I don't really stay stocked on AP ammo but I should keep some just incase. Cazadors to me aren't too bad, the main spots are the path north of goodsprings and the nest I just make sure to have plenty of stimpaks and use a rebar club (my most used weapon) against them. What are your favorite weapons to use, I use the Rebar Club and Assault Carbine the most.
                  sigpic
                  Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
                  Conceited - Blu3
                  All On You - Blu3

Comment

That's my problem with them I don't really stay stocked on AP ammo but I should keep some just incase. Cazadors to me aren't too bad, the main spots are the path north of goodsprings and the nest I just make sure to have plenty of stimpaks and use a rebar club (my most used weapon) against them. What are your favorite weapons to use, I use the Rebar Club and Assault Carbine the most.
                    Yeah one or two of them are managable especially with Boone, but when there's like 10 of them... then a Giant Radscorpion pops out from behind, it gets annoying.

My favorite weapon in the game is the Anti Material Rifle. It reloads after every shot, but it does tons of damage, so it's worth it. It also works like a charm against Deathclaws, when using AP ammo.

After that it's the Ranger Sequoia, I use it as my main gun basically against any enemy that isn't named a Deathclaw. I also like the Sniper Rifle, it's weaker than the AMR, but you get more rounds before you have to reload, so sometimes I use that as my main weapon.

And my favorite melee weapon is the Bumper Sword. Nothing more satisfying than running up and chopping a fiend into pieces

Comment

Yeah, the Bumber Sword is fun to use and the Anti Material Rifle is really good I just don't like the 1 shot on it. The only energy weapon I might use is the I think its called Q35 Modulator I found it in a room that I needed a high lock pick for but don't remember where. I love using snipers too in any shooting game but there is a really good sniper I found in the location Snipers Nest it was just NW of Cottonwood Cove you have to have 100 lockpick to get it but it's worth it. I've been wondering in the mission Come Fly With Me at the end with I think 80 science skill you can redirect the rockets that the ghouls are on, do you know where you can send them?
                      sigpic
                      Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
                      Conceited - Blu3
                      All On You - Blu3

Comment

Yeah, the Bumber Sword is fun to use and the Anti Material Rifle is really good I just don't like the 1 shot on it. The only energy weapon I might use is the I think its called Q35 Modulator I found it in a room that I needed a high lock pick for but don't remember where. I love using snipers too in any shooting game but there is a really good sniper I found in the location Snipers Nest it was just NW of Cottonwood Cove you have to have 100 lockpick to get it but it's worth it. I've been wondering in the mission Come Fly With Me at the end with I think 80 science skill you can redirect the rockets that the ghouls are on, do you know where you can send them?
                        I don't reallly like Energy weapons, so I never actually used them much. And yeah I agree, Snipers are my favorite type of weapon in any game, snipers are just cool. And to tell you the truth, I honestly don't know where you can send the ghouls.

I only had a science level of about 20 when I did Come Fly With Me. Right now it's around 85. I don't know if anything special happens if you were to mess with the terminal though. I'm going to check on the Fallout wiki, to see what it says.

Comment

Fallout

I finished this game and just started over again. I have never done that with another game. I love what they did with it. I went with the computer to end this one but it kind of snuck up on me and I missed out on a bunch of stuff.

I never used any melee weapons but used the anti material rifle the most.

I was thinking of going with an energy weapon route this time, even though they seem kinda weak.

Anyone seen or head from Sparky? I want to hear how he liked the last Fallout and if he is going to try this one.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to run into problems at 23 hours of play time... lots of lag, and loading now takes FOREVER.

I hope my game doesn't start to crash

Comment

Games amazing. Love it.

That said too many bugs. A lot of the time radscorpions will fall through the ground and just be kinda stuck.

Also WAY TOOOOO OFTEN I'll go into VATS and my dude will just stand there in slowmo and won't shoot, just stands there for a good 5 seconds while I've got a Legion Soldier hacking me with a machete, luckily Boone and Rex usually handle him, but DANG that's annoying.

Comment

I'm starting to run into problems at 23 hours of play time... lots of lag, and loading now takes FOREVER.

I hope my game doesn't start to crash
                                I wasn't exaggerating over the stuff I said earlier. I haven't played since last week, and I won't play until Bethesda patches the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X