Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Yeah, even watching gameplay and reading reviews the first one seems to be combat and trap solving focused, which is kinda weird. Reminds me of Operation Anchorage when they went into purely FPS mode, thought that was kinda weird for a Fallout game.

Either way, I'm gonna buy all three, just to get the total experience. I've never not had fun playing Fallout, it's just that certain parts aren't as fun as others, so I'm okay with that. I've heard the writing for Dead Money is really good anyways, so that should keep me afloat.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Yep, I mentioned the first DLC only getting 6/10. I plan on buying the new DLC's since they got good reviews. Haven't played the game since like February, so its been awhile lol. I'm the same way, I prefer physical copies over digital, but since I already have the game I won't wait for a GOTY.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    I've been looking at the DLC, Old World Blues looks straight up awesome. I really wanna hold out for the GOTY edition with all the DLC, but that's too far away. I just like having a physical CD that I can use rather than a virtual copy, I like collecting things so I feel weird if I buy something and don't have a physical representation.

That being said, I'm probably gonna say screw it, and buy the DLC when I get home today. I've heard the first one isn't too great, but the last two are getting good reviews, especially Old World Blues.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Thought I'd give this thread a bump with the new DLC and all. Don't know if I'm buying it yet, and hopefully the new patch fixes the crashing issues, which I complained about a lot early in this thread. I might start playing again if the patch fixes everything. Has anyone still been playing this lately? I might start back up today.

Leave a comment:

• Vhailor
    replied
    Anyone having sound issues? I installed a new codec and now Fallout NV and Fallout 3 won't play any music at all.

EDIT: I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, and I have re-installed the old codec to no avail. The music simply isn't there; neither during startup or during the game.
    Last edited by Vhailor; 01-31-2011, 06:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JaysusCutler
    replied
    Love this game, and have had minimal problems with glitches. It's frozen 2 or 3 times in around 30 hours of gameplay, but its been no big deal because I save regularly.

Btw, I just got attacked by a roving gang of old ladies in game.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Almost forgot. PS3 installs the game to the HDD when you first play it. So if that's the solution, it sure doesn't fix any of the damn problems on the PS3 version.

Leave a comment:

• Foez
    replied
    I haven't installed it to my harddrive but ill do that when I get a chance and see if it works.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Is everybody that is having problems with it on 360 actually installing it to their hard drive? I've talked to some people with problems and they said it's not installed on theirs. That could be the problem for 360 owners.
    You could be right. I'm not sure though, the comments I read, people didn't mention wether they had it on their HDD or not, but they indeed had problems with it. PC gamers were on both sides of the fence, some said it played flawlessly, other said it was just as glitchy as the consoles.

To be quite honest, the only reason I got New Vegas for my PS3 is because I'm trying to build up my PS3 library. I have around twenty 360 games, but only a couple PS3 games. If the solution is as simple as installing the game to the HDD, I wish I would've got the 360 version instead.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/...-ps3-consoles/

That's the article I was reffering to. I only read through a few pages of comments though.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    The problems are on the 360 too. Atleast the comments on the other forum.
    Is everybody that is having problems with it on 360 actually installing it to their hard drive? I've talked to some people with problems and they said it's not installed on theirs. That could be the problem for 360 owners.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Foez View Post
    It sounds like all of the bad bugs and crashes are on the PS3 version of the game. I play it on XBOX and almost through playing it a 3rd time, never had the game freeze, and all I've had are very little bugs like radscorpions getting stuck somewhere and at times and staying in vats for an extra 5 seconds. In conclusion it sounds like its mostly the PS3 version unless someone else who plays it on XBOX can get on here and say the same things.
    The problems are on the 360 too. Atleast the comments on the other forum.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by Foez View Post
    It sounds like all of the bad bugs and crashes are on the PS3 version of the game. I play it on XBOX and almost through playing it a 3rd time, never had the game freeze, and all I've had are very little bugs like radscorpions getting stuck somewhere and at times and staying in vats for an extra 5 seconds. In conclusion it sounds like its mostly the PS3 version unless someone else who plays it on XBOX can get on here and say the same things.
    ive had the same bugs on 360

enemies in the ground, stuck after vats, it got annoying and atfter i put it on the HD most of it went away

Leave a comment:

• Foez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    The way it causes my PS3 to crash, I at one point thought I gave it some Monster or one of those other energy drinks...

Also the DLC is nothing worth waiting over. I've heard it's frustrating, hard, and fiddled with bugs and other glitches. I think Gamespot gave it a 6/10. Bethesda isn't getting anymore of my money, not until they patch the main game first.
    I know exactly what you mean about the crashes. I've had games freeze but never completely crash on me. New Vegas is the only ps3 game I've played thats gone to a black screen, crashed, and sent me back to the cross media bar. The first time it happened i thought something in my ps3 broke lol.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Weird. I just loaded my game and now it's back to normal loading speed and no lag. Oh well! Not complaining

Leave a comment:

Working...
X