Showtime's Shameless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime's Shameless

Anybody else watch the premiere of the show tonight? If so, what did you think of it?

I was pretty impressed by it. I know it is a rehash of a British show, with the same name. But, I rather like it.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

very good but very weird

british version is funnier but not as well done
    sigpic

Comment

My wife and I watched the 2nd episode.....we were laughing the whole way through!!!!

We set the DVR to make sure we don't miss the next one.
      My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

I just wanna know is it as...crass as the British version? It was on after the UK watershed so they could get away with ALOT! Not sure about FCC and their standards and how that would effect the programme. I'm sure about 70% of the jokes they make in the UK one wouldn't make its way into US television sets

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
          I just wanna know is it as...crass as the British version? It was on after the UK watershed so they could get away with ALOT! Not sure about FCC and their standards and how that would effect the programme. I'm sure about 70% of the jokes they make in the UK one wouldn't make its way into US television sets
          Yea, it's rather crass. Lots of sex and sexual themed comics. The last episode was rather funny.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
            Shameless is on Showtime, a premium television channel. You have to pay extra to subscribe and the FCC doesn't apply to such channels. So basically it's up to the writers/producers of the show to put what they want in it. If the jokes don't make it into the show here in the US, it's probably because a lot of Americans aren't into the same humor as the UK.

I happen to enjoy shows such as 'The IT Crowd' and 'Snuff Box.' But that's just me.

Sort of off-topic, does anyone else find it annoying that every television show these days are either a remake of an older show or a remake of an imported UK show. If you turned on MTV in the past three months, you've seen a commercial for Skins, it's the only thing they have been promoting. If they want to show Skins in the US, either put it on HBO or Showtime, or put it on MTV and censor it. Don't make the same show with American actors, it's dumb.

Comment

Well this was the only thread I found titled Shameless so I figured I'd post in it. Just started watching it last week and now I'm all caught up with it I love this show. Its funny just about every episode. Who else here watches it now and what does everyone think?
              :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
                Well this was the only thread I found titled Shameless so I figured I'd post in it. Just started watching it last week and now I'm all caught up with it I love this show. Its funny just about every episode. Who else here watches it now and what does everyone think?
                I love it, caught up on it a few months ago...the best way to describe it is hilarious, yet absolutely shameless
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Have any of you seen the British show "Coupling"? It sounds just like it
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                    I love it, caught up on it a few months ago...the best way to describe it is hilarious, yet absolutely shameless
                    Yea, its sort of hard to describe it exactly to someone who hasn't seen it yet. But its just a wild show. It has me laughing out loud at least a few times per episode. I'm glad that I'm all caught up but now I'm sad cause that means I have to wait each week for every episode.
                    :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      Have any of you seen the British show "Coupling"? It sounds just like it
                      It's kind of funny you compare it to that British show since its actually a remake of a British show called Shameless. Same characters and everything.

My wife and I absolutely love this show. Haven't started season three yet though. Not enough time with the new baby so we are just recording the season while we continue to try to catch up on Homeland. Yep we are any way behind the times now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X