What are the best PS3 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best PS3 games?

I in all likleyhood will be getting a PS3 this week. What PS3 exclusives are worth my money?
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Metal Gear Solid
    Uncharted 2
    Heavy Rain

Are there only good worth while exclusives.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Metal Gear Solid
      Uncharted 2
      Heavy Rain

Are there only good worth while exclusives.
      Uncharted 2 of course. but you may wanna pick up the first one as well.

I really did not like Heavy Rain. if i wanted to watch a movie i would have just put in a crime thriller.

you also ought to get the God of War trilogy.

Insane and Amari may disagree, but you might pick up Modern Warfare 2, if you like those types of games. don't bother with Black Ops.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
        Uncharted 2 of course. but you may wanna pick up the first one as well.

I really did not like Heavy Rain. if i wanted to watch a movie i would have just put in a crime thriller.

you also ought to get the God of War trilogy.

Insane and Amari may disagree, but you might pick up Modern Warfare 2, if you like those types of games. don't bother with Black Ops.
        Yes and No. on me disagreeing with you.

I hate Black Ops with a passion, I love war stuff, movies, games, stories,etc
        It can a fun game, or a game that pisses you off, bottom line don't play around kids, because you will be swearing. Win,lose, or have a high kill low death, you will still have what I call Black Ops moments.

Modern Warfare, though I think it's a more camper game(both have them), it's a better all around game.

Black Ops, has a hit detection issue, a spawning issue, a matchmaking issue, and a radar issue. I'd buy MW2, it's cheap and the maps for it will be cheap.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yes and No. on me disagreeing with you.

I hate Black Ops with a passion, I love war stuff, movies, games, stories,etc
          It can a fun game, or a game that pisses you off, bottom line don't play around kids, because you will be swearing. Win,lose, or have a high kill low death, you will still have what I call Black Ops moments.

Modern Warfare, though I think it's a more camper game(both have them), it's a better all around game.

Black Ops, has a hit detection issue, a spawning issue, a matchmaking issue, and a radar issue. I'd buy MW2, it's cheap and the maps for it will be cheap.
          agreed on all the Black Ops points. lol. man that game is so frustrating.
          sigpic

Comment

agreed on all the Black Ops points. lol. man that game is so frustrating.
            Exactly. Example of a bad radar, there is a perk called ghost,(I use it).
            With this perk, you can't be seen by the enemy on radar or by most aircraft.
            No it the only perk that keeps you off the radar, however in Black Ops people who don't use ghost are not on the radar, teammates are a-holes in the game too. There is like a little pact that people have where they will not revive a person in second chance, which is bull.

I use second chance and it has happened to me allot and I've seen it happen to people.

The game is just bad, now there will be people that will disagree with everything I'm saying, and call Black Ops the best game on earth.

Black Ops don't have as many campers as MW but there campers are more annoying. There corner campers, they sit in a corner and wait for people to walk by, now you would OK, gun them down, but the hit detection is so bad, you can waste half a clip or the whole clip on a dude, and he will not die, instead he turns around in get 2 shots off and thats it.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

These are not exclusive to the PS3.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                These are not exclusive to the PS3.
                i take it you don't JUST have a PS3...

also i see the "exclusive" part of your post now.

my bad.

then just go with Uncharted, God of War etc. both are amazing.

DO NOT...buy Haze. lol man that game was terrible.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm not a PS3 guy, but my friends and I have a lot of fun with Little Big Planet. It's geared towards a younger crowd I think, but it is very detailed and pretty cool. Kind of side-scroller puzzle game, but at the same time it's very 3D. LBP2 comes out this month also.

I couldn't get into God of War, button mashing etc, nice to look at though.

Uncharted 2 was great (but I really only watch my friend play through a couple levels and played a level or two myself)

Killzone 1 and 2 honestly make my eyes hurt, dark/grainy FPS.

Comment

Heavy Rain was boring..... And Haze has more bugs than New Vegas, which is not good. Get Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 for starters. InFamous is also a great game.

EDIT: Try out MAG if you like CoD, they're basically the same game, MAG is just far more balanced, and not as many campers. 256 player battles=EPIC
                    Last edited by Amari24; 01-10-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I second Little Big Planet. Kind of kiddie, but one of the most well designed games there is.

Comment

There are not many "good" exclusives for the system, at least not right now.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

There are not many "good" exclusives for the system, at least not right now.
                          This year it flatout robbed the 360 out of it's exclusives. Sony won't be giving us any new exclusives until around spring when they ship off Uncharted 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                            This year it flatout robbed the 360 out of it's exclusives. Sony won't be giving us any new exclusives until around spring when they ship off Uncharted 3.
                            Not really, the only good game the XBOX will not have as "exclusive" is Mass Effect. Also the exclusives battle is starting become unimportant, only because there are less and less of them and more multi.

Why did I quote exclusive, Mass Effect 2 was never a 360 exclusive.
                            When EA put it name on it and Microsoft took it's name off, thats when it was no longer exclusive.

PS3 could have lost a exclusive in Heavy Rain, though few here didn't like, many others did(not me). It was gonna be on both 360 and PS3, but the 360 couldn't hold it.

Lastly it's kinda even on who took what, because PS3 lost 2 exclusives in Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, and there might be more.(the more is likely unpopular names)
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Not really, the only good game the XBOX will not have as "exclusive" is Mass Effect. Also the exclusives battle is starting become unimportant, only because there are less and less of them and more multi.

Why did I quote exclusive, Mass Effect 2 was never a 360 exclusive.
                              When EA put it name on it and Microsoft took it's name off, thats when it was no longer exclusive.

PS3 could have lost a exclusive in Heavy Rain, though few here didn't like, many others did(not me). It was gonna be on both 360 and PS3, but the 360 couldn't hold it.

Lastly it's kinda even on who took what, because PS3 lost 2 exclusives in Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, and there might be more.(the more is likely unpopular names)
                              The funny thing about ME2 is that I was on the PS3 boards, and they weren't really excited about it... Most of them played it on the PC, or their 360s..

Comment

Working...
                              X