Priest (movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priest (movie)

This movie looks straight Insane, I can't wait for it to come out.

The main character is the guy who played the Archangel Michael in Legion.(Paul Bettany) It is also from the creator of Legion

Here are two trailers from the movie:

Trailer #1: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1116145945/

Trailer #2:http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi931961625/

It looks really good, and I loved Legion, the Archangel battle scene was beast, watch 2 of the highest ranked archangels(Michael and Gabriel) fighting.

Thoughts on this film?

Umm just a little warning, I don't want my thread close, so please hold from talking allot about religion, talk about the film and films like it. We can't discuss religion on here, so please hold from bringing it up.
    Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 01-14-2011, 01:54 AM. Reason: Just to add a little warning.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

i didn't like Legion much. it painted an entirely bogus picture of those involved and some people watching that may not know much about them may get the wrong idea from watching.

that being said, i know it was an entirely different take on the sort of prophetical stories (kinda like the Constantine stories take).

for once a film about an archangel turning isn't about Michael, although for the majority of the film he is viewed as the villain. there was a really interesting independent film called Gabriel that came out a couple of years ago about how Gabriel was trying to find Michael, who had basically fallen the way Satan chose to do and Gabriel was supposed to bring him to justice. it was also very dark and dreary like Legion was.

anyway... Priest looks rather interesting. Bettany is a great actor (one who i wouldn't mind seeing involved with Nolan in the Batman projects in some aspect). i'll have to check this movie out.

back to Legion a bit: whenever i watch movies that involve ANYTHING Biblical, even if they are borrowed or loosely based, just on character alone i really find it hard not to scrutinize or point out inaccuracies or fallacies in the films because 99% of the time Hollywood has no idea what it's talking about.

but that's just me. lol. i'm tough enough as it is on movies.

interestingly, i watched Legion the same day that i saw The Book of Eli, which i thought to have a more pro-Biblical story even though i guarantee the writers had no idea they were actually doing so. well maybe they did, but obviously due to most of the content of the film, wasn't their actual goal.

not sure if i'm making any sense. yet another touchy topic that can't be discussed in these lowly forums lol.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
      i didn't like Legion much. it painted an entirely bogus picture of those involved and some people watching that may not know much about them may get the wrong idea from watching.

that being said, i know it was an entirely different take on the sort of prophetical stories (kinda like the Constantine stories take).

for once a film about an archangel turning isn't about Michael, although for the majority of the film he is viewed as the villain. there was a really interesting independent film called Gabriel that came out a couple of years ago about how Gabriel was trying to find Michael, who had basically fallen the way Satan chose to do and Gabriel was supposed to bring him to justice. it was also very dark and dreary like Legion was.

anyway... Priest looks rather interesting. Bettany is a great actor (one who i wouldn't mind seeing involved with Nolan in the Batman projects in some aspect). i'll have to check this movie out.

back to Legion a bit: whenever i watch movies that involve ANYTHING Biblical, even if they are borrowed or loosely based, just on character alone i really find it hard not to scrutinize or point out inaccuracies or fallacies in the films because 99% of the time Hollywood has no idea what it's talking about.

but that's just me. lol. i'm tough enough as it is on movies.

interestingly, i watched Legion the same day that i saw The Book of Eli, which i thought to have a more pro-Biblical story even though i guarantee the writers had no idea they were actually doing so. well maybe they did, but obviously due to most of the content of the film, wasn't their actual goal.

not sure if i'm making any sense. yet another touchy topic that can't be discussed in these lowly forums lol.
      I understand what your saying, but I don't just films based on how much they follow the story of the characters in real life.

I liked legion as a movie, thought is was a good film, I've only seen small bits of The Book of Eli.

For those who don't know about the Archangels, I don't mind telling you or you can look it up, but I really don't want this to turn into a religion thread, that gets locked.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        I understand what your saying, but I don't just films based on how much they follow the story of the characters in real life.

I liked legion as a movie, thought is was a good film, I've only seen small bits of The Book of Eli.

For those who don't know about the Archangels, I don't mind telling you or you can look it up, but I really don't want this to turn into a religion thread, that gets locked.
        lol yeah i didn't want to go into too much because we're not in the right forum. haha.

that other film, Gabriel actually had some of the lesser known Archangels from Catholicism in it. Rafael was one of them (i think he's probably the most notable outside Michael and Gabriel).

anyway, you should check out the rest of The Book of Eli. if you have satellite, it's been on some of the movie channels a lot lately. Denzel does a great job and as always, Oldman plays a great villain.

okay so maybe i didn't NOT like Legion...it just wasn't all that i thought it could have been. it had an intriguing idea that played out and as i said, Bettany was good. the one that seemed really out of place was Dennis Quaid.

anyway back to the actual thread topic lol. Priest does look pretty interesting. hopefully they won't go too crazy with the vampire aspect and screw up the vampires. it seems like lately, vampire movies just can't get it right.

either they are too girly, emo and just not scary at all (Twilight) or they are too animal-like and not intelligent (I Am Legend, 30 Days of Night).

it's been a while since i've watched the trailer but i seem to recall similar things in Priest, that some of them seemed more creature like than sophisticated immortal hunters. maybe i need to watch again.

i hope it's good though, but wait...isn't this based on a graphic novel or series of them too? if it is then it will likely be a little off-kilter like 30 Days of Night and so on. graphic novels seem to really turn things weird and non-realistic.

like a 300 type of feel, or V for Vendetta, or as i mentioned before, Constantine. we'll just have to wait and see.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          lol yeah i didn't want to go into too much because we're not in the right forum. haha.

that other film, Gabriel actually had some of the lesser known Archangels from Catholicism in it. Rafael was one of them (i think he's probably the most notable outside Michael and Gabriel).

anyway, you should check out the rest of The Book of Eli. if you have satellite, it's been on some of the movie channels a lot lately. Denzel does a great job and as always, Oldman plays a great villain.

okay so maybe i didn't NOT like Legion...it just wasn't all that i thought it could have been. it had an intriguing idea that played out and as i said, Bettany was good. the one that seemed really out of place was Dennis Quaid.

anyway back to the actual thread topic lol. Priest does look pretty interesting. hopefully they won't go too crazy with the vampire aspect and screw up the vampires. it seems like lately, vampire movies just can't get it right.

either they are too girly, emo and just not scary at all (Twilight) or they are too animal-like and not intelligent (I Am Legend, 30 Days of Night).

it's been a while since i've watched the trailer but i seem to recall similar things in Priest, that some of them seemed more creature like than sophisticated immortal hunters. maybe i need to watch again.

i hope it's good though, but wait...isn't this based on a graphic novel or series of them too? if it is then it will likely be a little off-kilter like 30 Days of Night and so on. graphic novels seem to really turn things weird and non-realistic.

like a 300 type of feel, or V for Vendetta, or as i mentioned before, Constantine. we'll just have to wait and see.

I agree that Quaids part was lame, I'm not sure if Priest is based on a novel, it might be, since most films are remakes,based on novel, or based on video games. For I am Legend, I don't count that as a vampire film, but I agree with you about your take on todays vampires. Underworld did a good job, and by the looks of these trailers, theirs both humanoid and animal like vampires in it.
          One of the main bad guys is humanoid.

See I liked 300 but hated the way people thought of it, I being one who is big on History and Astronomy. People needed to be told over and over about the real 300.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Aloha guys, I totally understand what you two are saying. I love to watch movies and even though some do have religious/supernatural themes to them, I just hope for action. I wonder if they'll make follow up's for those two?.
            HE>i

Comment

That movie looks very interesting, Thanks for the heads up. That girl is from Hawai'i and i just noticed that the guy who is acting as the preist, Was in both Legion & The Davinici Code.
              HE>i

Comment

Working...
              X