Battle: Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle: Los Angeles

once in a while i start a separate thread dedicated to one certain movie.

i'm not sure how this film will do, or how it will add up to its very well edited trailers, but i hope it delivers what it looks like it will. i hope it doesn't become another Skyline and fail miserably and end up being terrible.

has anyone else seen the trailers for this?

we've got Aaron Eckhart who has really become a tremendous actor since his role in Thank You For Smoking. we've also got the mostly always good looking Michelle Rodriguez, and Michael Pena who is a pretty good actor as well.

the trailers do not shy away from letting you in on what is going down, unlike the Super 8 trailer from Bad Robot, J.J. Abrams and Co.

it also looks like it has a very real feel to it, like the documentary-style feel that District 9 had. also some of the effects, creatures and ships look similar to District 9. i don't believe however, that this is in any way related to District 9.

anyway, below are the trailers. it looks like this film, coming early, could launch a possibly great line up of sci-fi this summer. also can't wait for Cowboys and Aliens either.

first trailer

second trailer

it also has a small Cloverfield feel to it, but that goes back to the District 9 thing.

thoughts?

also, i think the thing that makes the trailer for me is the song playing. apparently it's this. i always say the score is part of making a great film. i'm sure this song is likely not even in the film (and if it is, probably doesn't reflect what the actual score will be like), but it definitely fits the trailer well.
    Last edited by RealBronco; 01-14-2011, 02:30 AM.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Looks beast, I might see it, I'm into action films that have allot of thing blowing up.

Didn't like Distract 9, I know a large number of people liked it.

When it comes to alien films this year, I'd prefer this then going to see, Cowboys and Aliens.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Looks beast, I might see it, I'm into action films that have allot of thing blowing up.

Didn't like Distract 9, I know a large number of people liked it.

When it comes to alien films this year, I'd prefer this then going to see, Cowboys and Aliens.
      Cowboys and Aliens just looks fun to me (so far). although because of how Spielberg has gone downhill in recent years, i'm a bit apprehensive. but the trailer looked kind of funny and light so we'll see how that goes. plus Favreau is directing and Olivia Wilde is in it

i'm naturally intrigued, do to Abrams style of marketing, in Super 8.

this trailer alone will get millions of people in theaters just like Cloverfield's teaser trailer did. i'm not sure what i should expect out of this film, i haven't done much digging, but like Cloverfield, i won't go in expecting something amazing. that was how people came away disappointed.
      Last edited by RealBronco; 01-14-2011, 01:36 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
        Cowboys and Aliens just looks fun to me (so far). although because of how Spielberg has gone downhill in recent years, i'm a bit apprehensive. but the trailer looked kind of funny and light so we'll see how that goes.

i'm naturally intrigued, do to Abrams style of marketing, in Super 8.

this trailer alone will get millions of people in theaters just like Cloverfield's teaser trailer did. i'm not sure what i should expect out of this film, i haven't done much digging, but like Cloverfield, i won't go in expecting something amazing. that was how people came away disappointed.
        I know I was disappointed, I really disliked Cloverfield.
        It was a nice try, but I hated the camera and the ending, plus the plot was kinda lame/old.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I know I was disappointed, I really disliked Cloverfield.
          It was a nice try, but I hated the camera and the ending, plus the plot was kinda lame/old.
          haha yeah, see? i wasn't disappointed because i didn't expect anything awesome. i enjoyed myself. it was nothing new or original at all, not even the filming style because Blair Witch Project had been there, done that.

the only thing that annoyed me was that you never got a good look at the creature. someone who is running around with a handheld camera is going to definitely fixate it on the creature at least once during the whole fiasco to get a good look. and since it's a movie and they thing had already been revealed, why not just show it more? but i understand the reasoning.

the stupid part was the "little" creatures that fell off of it and would infect people and make them explode.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            haha yeah, see? i wasn't disappointed because i didn't expect anything awesome. i enjoyed myself. it was nothing new or original at all, not even the filming style because Blair Witch Project had been there, done that.

the only thing that annoyed me was that you never got a good look at the creature. someone who is running around with a handheld camera is going to definitely fixate it on the creature at least once during the whole fiasco to get a good look. and since it's a movie and they thing had already been revealed, why not just show it more? but i understand the reasoning.

the stupid part was the "little" creatures that fell off of it and would infect people and make them explode.
            Agreed, it was just stupid with those little things.
            The thing about the big bad alien thing, is the fact that, I don't remember them ever saying what it was or how it got there, most films like that, tell you what it is, and how it got there.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Agreed, it was just stupid with those little things.
              The thing about the big bad alien thing, is the fact that, I don't remember them ever saying what it was or how it got there, most films like that, tell you what it is, and how it got there.
              well maybe Cloverfield 2 will unravel those mysteries. i think with the way they filmed it, there would have been no way for that little group of 5 people to have ever found out where the creature came from. we as the audience were supposed to be just as in the dark and out of the loop as that group we were following. scared, confused and running for their lives with no real frame of what the heck was happening.

but there were hints throughout the film... like when it cuts to Coney Island at the end of the movie (because there had been existing film of his day with his girlfriend on the tape already) the camera is filming the ocean and there is a ship out in the ocean and if you pay attention something huge falls out of the sky and makes a splash in the ocean behind the ship.

so there was a lot of blogging and speculation around the internet virally that that little hint explained where Cloverfield had come from.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X