Crysis 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis 2

Microsoft just announced that on January 25, they'll be releasing an exclusive multiplayer beta, for Crysis 2. It's free, all you need is a gold membership, and you can download it. The game comes out on 3/22/11, so it's a good way to get used to the controlls and all that if you plan on getting it. Crysis 1 was amazing, so I highly recommend trying this one out. If you like games such as Halo, Killzone, CoD, etc, I think you'll defintley enjoy Crysis 2.

It runs off Cry Engine 3, which offers the best graphics ever seen in any FPS to date.

And don't worry, you really don't have to play the first game to understand this game. In a nutshell, you're in New York fighting lots of aliens, with an awesome suit that grants you all kind of superhuman abilities, like super speed, Defense, cloaking, and more. Try it out
    Last edited by Amari24; 01-21-2011, 01:02 PM.

Its a cool game. Just played the demo and i liked it but melee is too good. I still prefer CoD but this game is good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
      Its a cool game. Just played the demo and i liked it but melee is too good. I still prefer CoD but this game is good stuff.
      There's honestly a few things I thought CoD did better believe it or not. I think the weapons were a little more "accurate" so to speak, but Crysis 2 doesn't use any auto aim, so it requires more skill, I guess. The recoil takes some time to get used to, is what I'm trying to say.

I can't wait to see some gameplay of the singleplayer campaign. Oh yeah, the melee is logically going to be overpowered, the guy you play as, is in the nanosuit 2, and with maximum stength activated, you can basically beat the crap out of anyone in your way. Hell, you can kick cars at people, and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff. The suit is pretty cool.

Comment

Yeah i like it a lot. Only thing is bullets dont do enough damage. Ive been killed a whole lot because ill be shooting and the guy can just run up to me from 8 ft away and kill me faster beating me down than shooting. Its really cool other than that though.

Comment

Honestly feel like this game is alright. Nothing special. I've gone like 17 and 3 about that average the whole time. Lots of head shots.... Don't know how though I shoot them in the chest and get head shots... anyway I feel like it's just a rip off of Halo/CoD smashed into one game... but without my favorite things from both..
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            Honestly feel like this game is alright. Nothing special. I've gone like 17 and 3 about that average the whole time. Lots of head shots.... Don't know how though I shoot them in the chest and get head shots... anyway I feel like it's just a rip off of Halo/CoD smashed into one game... but without my favorite things from both..
            Well the first game came out before MW2, and Black Ops, and came out around the time of Halo 3 and CoD4, so I don't think it's a rip off of either game. The only thing it rips off CoD is probably Killstreaks, and that's about it. Everything else was already implemented in Crysis 1. Not to mention it's just a beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
              Yeah i like it a lot. Only thing is bullets dont do enough damage. Ive been killed a whole lot because ill be shooting and the guy can just run up to me from 8 ft away and kill me faster beating me down than shooting. Its really cool other than that though.
              Yeah I agree, hopefully they fix that in the real game. Then again, it could be that most people use Maximum defense, so it takes longer to kill them.

Comment

Anyone else have problems loading the demo it keeps freezing on me and I have to completely reset my 360
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  Anyone else have problems loading the demo it keeps freezing on me and I have to completely reset my 360
                  Was looking up videos of Crysis 2 on YouTube and came across this. I've heard that doing this helps with other games as well so it may help you with Crysis 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkQWCBts_3g

Comment

I like it, like all beta it had some issues. My first match(I only played 3) I went 10-6, my guess it's not a tactical rushing type game. But it's fun, the graphics are great(not the best) but can become fussy at times, it has some lag to it, but thats nothing that can't be fixed before the launch.

The weapons don't do enough damage(no I'm not asking for 1 hit kill guns), but I can do more damage with melee than a gun.

Overall I give the beta 8.7 out of 10.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The overall game is good, but needs some work.

Guns are underpowered, the melee is overpowered, and I would like it if you could jump a little higher.

Fix that and I'd probably end up buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        The overall game is good, but needs some work.

Guns are underpowered, the melee is overpowered, and I would like it if you could jump a little higher.

Fix that and I'd probably end up buying it.
                        Keep in mind that in multiplayer, most people will base maximum defense, so it will take longer to kill them. I'm sure it'll be fine in the final game. I'll be buying it regardless, the first game was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                          Keep in mind that in multiplayer, most people will base maximum defense, so it will take longer to kill them. I'm sure it'll be fine in the final game. I'll be buying it regardless, the first game was amazing.
                          Yeah but the melee's seem to do one hit kills regardless of whether there's maximum armor on or not. And I wasn't really that into the first game. I was able to max it out so it looked amazing, but once the aliens showed up I got a little bored, and the multiplayer didn't keep me entertained for very long.

Comment

I have the game, unfortunately it's for my PS3 and I wanted the 360 version, so I have to go up to Gamestop myself and exchange it. It's so tempting though, I want to open it and pop it into my PS3 right now But apparentley the 360 version runs smoother than the PS3, so I'll get that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              I have the game, unfortunately it's for my PS3 and I wanted the 360 version, so I have to go up to Gamestop myself and exchange it. It's so tempting though, I want to open it and pop it into my PS3 right now But apparentley the 360 version runs smoother than the PS3, so I'll get that one.
                              i heard that only the graphics where better but the gameplay was the same
                              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Working...
                              X