Best Looking Movies on Blu-Ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Looking Movies on Blu-Ray?

You gotta love Blu-Ray when it is transferred right.

What are the best looking BRs in your collection?

For me, the animated movies end up looking awesome. Anything Pixar is pretty amazing. The Avatar Collectors Edition looks amazing as well.
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

garbage pail kids , howard the duck , killer klowns from outter space , and peewee's big top adventure are all pretty good movies on blu-ray.
    Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
      garbage pail kids , howard the duck , killer klowns from outter space , and peewee's big top adventure are all pretty good movies on blu-ray.
      Really? I never would have gues......

OH....Wait.....I got it.

That was an attempt at sarcasm, wasnt it? Oh you got me! :thumb:
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

The Dark Knight, Top Gun, Batman: Under the Red Hood...

some movies just don't transfer well. Independence Day looked the same as it did on my old VHS copy. Boondock Saints looks pretty good but it already did anyway on DVD.

Avatar does look stunning. too bad that's all it does lol.

can't think of any others right now. i try to get movies with lots of special effects on blu-Ray because that's where you can tell the difference.

stuff like Tommy Boy or something doesn't really make any sense getting it on blu-Ray.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Sound of Music is good on Blu Ray. I hope the put The Beatles movies on Blu Ray. The Back to the Future Movies also are great.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            Sound of Music is good on Blu Ray. I hope the put The Beatles movies on Blu Ray. The Back to the Future Movies also are great.
            I was going to post Sound of Music -- the recent transfer is stunning in color and resolution.

The recent Star Trek reboot.

Comment

Transformers 1 if you can get past Megan Fox's acting. (Crank up the surround and sub-woofer, enjoy!)

Not a movie, but Planet Earth series from discovery channel, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.
              sigpic

Comment

The Dark Knight, Iron Man 1&2, Inception, and The Pacific (HBO Special) look extremely good on blu ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                  I was going to post Sound of Music -- the recent transfer is stunning in color and resolution.

I was just about to post this.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post

I haven't seen the recent ST in blu-ray but I would think the overused lens flares would be increasingly annoying on blu-ray.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I haven't seen the recent ST in blu-ray but I would think the overused lens flares would be increasingly annoying on blu-ray.
                      It is not. To me it is the reason to get it on Blu Ray.

–------------
                      Other good ones are Polar Express, Miracle and Princess Bride.

sigpic

Comment

I think that the movies that are best to be seen in Blu Ray are war movies. Ever since I managed to get "Flags of our fathers", "Saving private Ryan", "Platoon", on BluRay I am so happy that these movies will never be traded or sold or lost. I'll always love watching them.

Also the Matrix trilogy. In BluRay is far better than on an ordinary DVD.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to watching the Narnia series on Blue Ray.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            I'm looking forward to watching the Narnia series on Blue Ray.
                            The first two are great!

sigpic

Comment

My wife wants to get a new HD tv for Tax Returns (we have an old 32 CRT hd tv but it's just not the greatest picture)

I'm trying to talk her into getting a PS3 along with it as a blu-ray player but she doesn't want to because she thinks I'll just play more video games....(I hate it when my purchase suggestions break down over things like that becase she's 100% right....)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X