Well, he is back....finally(Duke Nukem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I think IGN, just forgot to completely censor the stuff. That or whoever they had do the editing of the video, was not paying attention.
    lol maybe, but normally the editor puts in the title cards, so he would have been the one putting the eff word on there to begin with.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
      saw this during E3. i was stoked.

HOWEVER: the trailer makes no sense. they flash a giant font eff bomb on the screen uncensored, but blur everything in the trailer and then censor Duke when he says the eff word. lol what? even after the rating that states it includes all that stuff. that was pointless

anyway this game looks like it should give all of us old Nukem fans a fun time and a lot of the nostalgic stuff from the originals.

i really, really, really cannot wait for MK9. i've been waiting for this since it was announced. it looks amazing. after the colossal letdown that was Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, this better be mind blowing. I was so pissed off at Armageddon. they open up with this epic short film where every character ever on the franchise shows up and battles it out in a grand King of the Hill fight... and then you get to the end of the gameplay and you get the LAMEST boss i've ever seen. BLAZE? what? come on... first of all that's the stupidest, most lame villain name i've ever heard, and it's cheesy. the game is called Armageddon, maybe name the main boss Wormwood or something cool. and what was that half-dragon thing? neat concept but he was terrible.

very disappointing, even more so than Mortal Kombat 4-7.

anyway, i think they've done a great service to their loyal fans (*points to self*) by going back to the 2D platform. the 3D was neat with MK4 but it got old and really busy and useless. and the fact that they're just paying homage to the first three games is a nice refreshing break from the dozens of new characters they tried to create that don't matter.

what i'm afraid of though is that it may just be that: Mortal Kombat 3: Revisited, as if they didn't release MK3 enough times already. but nonetheless i'm stoked. after watching gameplay and the graphics and the revisions to the classic characters, i think it will be amazing.
      MK9 is supposed to have most of the characters from MK1-3, and if you pre-order you get the original Scorpion outfit . It has all of my favorites like Sub Zero, and Scorpion. I don't think Ermac made it in though

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        What I've seen of it looks a little generic... I dunno... there are too many good games coming out soon that will be sucking my attention away from this like...

L.A. Noire
        Homefront
        Crysis 2
        Brink

And something else that I can't remember anymore....
        Yep, Crysis 2 and Brink look really really good. I don't know about Homefront yet, I'll wait for the reviews to get out, before I'd get it, but I'm hopefully going to get Crysis 2 day one. btw.. have you tried the beta?

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          MK9 is supposed to have most of the characters from MK1-3, and if you pre-order you get the original Scorpion outfit . It has all of my favorites like Sub Zero, and Scorpion. I don't think Ermac made it in though
          yeah i'm stoked. but that's why i was saying it has the danger of just being another re-release of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or something. i don't think it will be though.

Ermac was in the third one, why shouldn't he make it?
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            yeah i'm stoked. but that's why i was saying it has the danger of just being another re-release of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or something. i don't think it will be though.

Ermac was in the third one, why shouldn't he make it?
            Ah.. nevermind. After doing some research, I found out that one of the developers said something about playing as a "famous red ninja" and Ermac is the most common red ninja so it has to be him. I feel better knowing that he's in now.

Comment

Working...
            X