X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    yeah i'm stoked. but that's why i was saying it has the danger of just being another re-release of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or something. i don't think it will be though.

Ermac was in the third one, why shouldn't he make it?
    Ah.. nevermind. After doing some research, I found out that one of the developers said something about playing as a "famous red ninja" and Ermac is the most common red ninja so it has to be him. I feel better knowing that he's in now.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    MK9 is supposed to have most of the characters from MK1-3, and if you pre-order you get the original Scorpion outfit . It has all of my favorites like Sub Zero, and Scorpion. I don't think Ermac made it in though
    yeah i'm stoked. but that's why i was saying it has the danger of just being another re-release of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or something. i don't think it will be though.

Ermac was in the third one, why shouldn't he make it?

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    What I've seen of it looks a little generic... I dunno... there are too many good games coming out soon that will be sucking my attention away from this like...

L.A. Noire
    Homefront
    Crysis 2
    Brink

And something else that I can't remember anymore....
    Yep, Crysis 2 and Brink look really really good. I don't know about Homefront yet, I'll wait for the reviews to get out, before I'd get it, but I'm hopefully going to get Crysis 2 day one. btw.. have you tried the beta?

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    saw this during E3. i was stoked.

HOWEVER: the trailer makes no sense. they flash a giant font eff bomb on the screen uncensored, but blur everything in the trailer and then censor Duke when he says the eff word. lol what? even after the rating that states it includes all that stuff. that was pointless

anyway this game looks like it should give all of us old Nukem fans a fun time and a lot of the nostalgic stuff from the originals.

i really, really, really cannot wait for MK9. i've been waiting for this since it was announced. it looks amazing. after the colossal letdown that was Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, this better be mind blowing. I was so pissed off at Armageddon. they open up with this epic short film where every character ever on the franchise shows up and battles it out in a grand King of the Hill fight... and then you get to the end of the gameplay and you get the LAMEST boss i've ever seen. BLAZE? what? come on... first of all that's the stupidest, most lame villain name i've ever heard, and it's cheesy. the game is called Armageddon, maybe name the main boss Wormwood or something cool. and what was that half-dragon thing? neat concept but he was terrible.

very disappointing, even more so than Mortal Kombat 4-7.

anyway, i think they've done a great service to their loyal fans (*points to self*) by going back to the 2D platform. the 3D was neat with MK4 but it got old and really busy and useless. and the fact that they're just paying homage to the first three games is a nice refreshing break from the dozens of new characters they tried to create that don't matter.

what i'm afraid of though is that it may just be that: Mortal Kombat 3: Revisited, as if they didn't release MK3 enough times already. but nonetheless i'm stoked. after watching gameplay and the graphics and the revisions to the classic characters, i think it will be amazing.
    MK9 is supposed to have most of the characters from MK1-3, and if you pre-order you get the original Scorpion outfit . It has all of my favorites like Sub Zero, and Scorpion. I don't think Ermac made it in though

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I think IGN, just forgot to completely censor the stuff. That or whoever they had do the editing of the video, was not paying attention.
    lol maybe, but normally the editor puts in the title cards, so he would have been the one putting the eff word on there to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied

HOWEVER: the trailer makes no sense. they flash a giant font eff bomb on the screen uncensored, but blur everything in the trailer and then censor Duke when he says the eff word. lol what? even after the rating that states it includes all that stuff. that was pointless

anyway this game looks like it should give all of us old Nukem fans a fun time and a lot of the nostalgic stuff from the originals.
    I think IGN, just forgot to completely censor the stuff. That or whoever they had do the editing of the video, was not paying attention.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    After some what 12-14 year, the Duke Nukem Forever game is set to be released this May on the 3rd.

Here is a video trailer on it, it's a pretty funny trailer, watch and enjoy.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/21...bjectid=873999

As a FPS lover, I might just buy it, it should be good, I mean, it has been 12 years.

I was going to make a thread on this yesterday, but I completley forgot. We'll see how good it is, and just how much effort they actually put in. I don't see myself getting it anytime soon. Crysis 2 will be getting most of my attention around that time. Not to mention Mortal Kombat 9.
    i really, really, really cannot wait for MK9. i've been waiting for this since it was announced. it looks amazing. after the colossal letdown that was Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, this better be mind blowing. I was so pissed off at Armageddon. they open up with this epic short film where every character ever on the franchise shows up and battles it out in a grand King of the Hill fight... and then you get to the end of the gameplay and you get the LAMEST boss i've ever seen. BLAZE? what? come on... first of all that's the stupidest, most lame villain name i've ever heard, and it's cheesy. the game is called Armageddon, maybe name the main boss Wormwood or something cool. and what was that half-dragon thing? neat concept but he was terrible.

very disappointing, even more so than Mortal Kombat 4-7.

anyway, i think they've done a great service to their loyal fans (*points to self*) by going back to the 2D platform. the 3D was neat with MK4 but it got old and really busy and useless. and the fact that they're just paying homage to the first three games is a nice refreshing break from the dozens of new characters they tried to create that don't matter.

what i'm afraid of though is that it may just be that: Mortal Kombat 3: Revisited, as if they didn't release MK3 enough times already. but nonetheless i'm stoked. after watching gameplay and the graphics and the revisions to the classic characters, i think it will be amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    What I've seen of it looks a little generic... I dunno... there are too many good games coming out soon that will be sucking my attention away from this like...

L.A. Noire
    Homefront
    Crysis 2
    Brink

And something else that I can't remember anymore....

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    Where there is duke nukem... there is fargo... and javalon

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    I like the humor in the video, mainly the part where he is asked about the game, then he answers, well it took 12 years, and he said something else. Plus the part where they show the one boss, and he goes, "I'd hit that".
    ya it looks pretty cool, idk about the graphics though they looked a little choppy for a 360 hopefully it gets all smoothed out

looks like it could be pretty fun though

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    DUke Nukem on N64 was pretty tight. We played it a lot. And it was fun.... Not as good as golden gun but still quite fun!

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    I like the humor in the video, mainly the part where he is asked about the game, then he answers, well it took 12 years, and he said something else. Plus the part where they show the one boss, and he goes, "I'd hit that".

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    I want this game, it looks amazing! Finally Duke will rise again!

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Yeah I'll wait to see some reviews on Duke Nukem. I just don't want to be suckered out of my money like I was when Sonic first came to the next gen consoles. If it get an 8.0 or higher, I'll try it out eventually.

My list for 2011 is..

1.ME3
    2.Killzone 3
    3.Crysis 2
    4.Mortal Kombat 9
    5.Arkham City
    6.Skryim (Elder Scrolls 5)

Other than that, I'm just waiting for more things to be announced for 2011-2012, hopefully Assassins Creed 3.
    Hoping they announce it at E3, Brotherhoods ending really changed pace a little.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    True, I'm not a fighting game fan, so I guess thats why I'd pass on it.

My list of games to buy for me is: Gears3, MW3,ME3, Madden 12(if they make one), Ghost Recon FS.

Duke is not in the list, but it's a game I'd rent as a FSP gamer.
    Yeah I'll wait to see some reviews on Duke Nukem. I just don't want to be suckered out of my money like I was when Sonic first came to the next gen consoles. If it get an 8.0 or higher, I'll try it out eventually.

My list for 2011 is..

1.ME3
    2.Killzone 3
    3.Crysis 2
    4.Mortal Kombat 9
    5.Arkham City
    6.Skryim (Elder Scrolls 5)

Other than that, I'm just waiting for more things to be announced for 2011-2012, hopefully Assassins Creed 3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X