American Chopper: Sr. vs. Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Chopper: Sr. vs. Jr.

Anyone still watch this show? I used to love the show when everyone was together.

I'm still watching it out of intrigue. I don't really know all the details because I missed the season where everything went down but I can't get passed the whole idea that a father has completely forgotten he has a son and is treating him solely as an ex-employee and business partner turned competitor. Suing your own flesh and blood just so you can have full control over the company you build? Okay fine... but the way this is all playing out and going down is hideous.

We've got Mikey caught in the middle, and Sr. says Jr. uses Mikey and talks trash about his own son like he's the scum of the earth when in reality, anyone who's ever watched one episode of the original series can tell that it was Jr's designing that got Sr. all the money and fame and clients. Sr. hardly ever does anything even still. I remember one episode where he talked about how he does a lot of the business side of things and blah blah blah but good grief.

Now he's suing him again for hiring one of his former employees and accusing them both of stealing one of their bigger clients. Listen, if the client decides to go with someone else, too bad.

I dunno. I think there are pieces about both sides that are probably in the right but there are definitely a lot of wrongs on both sides. The thing I just can't get over is how terrible Sr. is treating his two sons, especially Jr.

If anything, this should be a situation where Jr. decided to break off and create his own company, and the two should be business PARTNERS, not competitors of this magnitude to the point where a father is willing to destroy his relationships with his children in order to keep his company intact.

And the people Sr. has working for him, especially the new bald guy... they are terrible and don't know what is going on and automatically side with Sr. when they have no clue. That guy spews trash out of his mouth like he's a landfill.

I'm glad the skinny guy with the goatee tries to stay out of it as much as possible but even he's fallen victim. And Jason, the design/artist kid, he says he's trying to stay neutral but he's clearly in Sr.'s corner. I'm really glad Vinnie went with Jr. because he was always one of my favorites and aside from the skinny guy (can never remember his name) was the hardest worker on the show.

Then tonight the Lee fellow returned to Sr. and is almost groveling for forgiveness so Sr. will give him business advice, and the only advice he gave him was to make him help him fix his fence and talk crap about his son the whole time. When it was Jr. that gave Lee a job back and personally flew him all the way up to New York for the job from Florida...and then he turns his back on him and stabs him in the back....then has the nerve to talk about how he still respects Mikey and he was Lee's best man etc.

come on! it's really becoming quite sad and it's more like a giant soap opera, and if they weren't rich they'd be on Jerry Springer throwing chairs at each other instead of throwing chairs at each other in a giant warehouse on TLC.

anyway that's my rant. of course i keep watching, and TLC knows that, i think that's why they chose to re-ignite the show because people are going to come in and watch this family rip each other apart over stupid crap.

i don't even know why Jr. got fired in the first place. part of that season that i missed i guess.

so, anyone else still watch this show? in the midst of this, Jr. is managing to produce some pretty cool bikes and his father has no idea because he isn't paying attention, and thinks Paulie can't do it on his own.

hmmm.
    Last edited by RealBronco; 01-25-2011, 03:42 AM.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

From what little I saw Jr had the creative brains.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

Did some quick research and from what I read Sr. fired Jr. Then TLC got involved because (it means rating to have them fight), so Jr. was brought on as a consultant only to be fired again. Then the Ritz Crackers hit the fan......

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        Did some quick research and from what I read Sr. fired Jr. Then TLC got involved because (it means rating to have them fight), so Jr. was brought on as a consultant only to be fired again. Then the Ritz Crackers hit the fan......
        that's basically all i know as well. i just can't believe how stubborn and wrong Paul Sr. is right now.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

My "D" I refuse to call him dad, is the same way.

sigpic

Comment

Was curious if this show was still around. Seems like the wheels fell off. Here's a couple interesting articles:

http://screenrant.com/tlc-renews-ame...per-aco-52763/

http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/art...Cancelled.html

Comment

Working...
            X