The 83rd Annual Academy Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 83rd Annual Academy Awards

Well, looks the like the nominations have been announced. Went to IMDb and checked out the list.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that whatever ends up getting nominated for (and/or winning) a Golden Globe usually ends up getting nominated for (and/or winning) an Academy Award.

So Here's the list:

seems like there are more Best Picture Nods than normal. Not sure if they'll cut those down or not.

But here are my early predictions. Keep in mind I'm basing some of this off of hype, media attention and how well they did at the Globes, as I've not yet seen all of them. And some of them I picked just because I want to see if something I like will win or my pick gets an upset win:

Picture: The Social Network
    Actor: Colin Firth
    Actress: Natalie Portman
    Supporting Actor: Christian Bale
    Supporting Acctress: Haliee Steinfeld
    Director: Darren Aronofsky
    Screenplay: The Kids Are Alright
    Screenplay Based: The Social Network
    Animated Feature: Toy Story 3
    Foreign: Biutiful
    Cinematography: Inception
    Editing: 127 Hours
    Art Direction: Inception
    Costume Design: Alice in Wonderland
    Make-up: The Wolfman
    Score: Inception
    Original Song: Country Strong
    Sound Mixing: True Grit
    Sound Editing: TRON: Legacy
    Visual Effects: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part I
    Documentary: Exit Through the Gift Shop
    Documentary Short: Strangers No More
    Animated Short: Day and Night
    Short: The Confession
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I think this is the year Colin Firth finally gets it.
    sigpic

Comment

imo if inception was released more recently instead of the summer, it would be in the running for more.

That's the drawback to putting a summer blockbuster out, if it's really good it may be too far removed from the oscars to win much...
      Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

I find it hard to see any but Social Network or King's Speech getting the Best Picture. Colin Firth should get best actor. Natalie Portman will win best actress probably. I'm pretty disappointed Scott Pilgrim didn't get a visual or music award of some sort.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised The Town wasn't nominated for more. Wasn't there a lot of hype when it came out about it being in the running for Best Picture and such?

I hope Natalie wins, same with Colin Firth. HTTYD won't upset Toy Story but I wish it would, I loved both but liked HTTYD a bit more. And I hope you are correct RB with Harry Potter winning Visual Effects
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X