Gears of War 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears of War 3

I am so stoked for this game. Gears 2 was a great game and alot of fun online. I heard they pushed back the release date from April to Sept. Can anyone confirm?
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

That is true, they had a few reasons, one was to fix things, another was so people can have a beta, and another was the fact that there coming out with a Gears 1 & 2 collectors edition this month. That comes with both Gears 1 and 2, plus the DLC from Gears 2.

As a Gears fan I enjoyed both, but like other fans of the game would say, Gears 1 was the better online game, Gears 2 story was far better.

Gears to me is like Halo, it rules out camping. It's very hard to camp in Gears, and shotgun battles are beast.

Looking forward to it, I think I'll pre-order it this month or next month.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I will as well. Have you heard any new weaponry or anything on the storyline?

Comment

Game Informer had a whole spread on it. There are a few new weapons, one of which is the Lancer but with a bayonet on it. There is a new enemy along with the locust, and the COG is pretty much dead and disbanded, with only a few remaining Gears that still fight.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Until they get a clue and stop making the host insanely strong, I'll only be buying it for the brilliant campaign and then shall return via Banshee to Halo Reach.
          Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

I hope so as well. But really you just have to be better than the host.

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
              I hope so as well. But really you just have to be better than the host.
              So many things factor into being able to even have a shot at beating the host. First, if they bridged host/knows they have host, then of course they're going to take full advantage of it. Second, if you do manage to beat up on the host, there's always the possibility of them quitting and since Gears is unable to switch the host, the game ends and it all was for not.

Being better than the person with the host advantage doesn't necessarily mean you can beat them. Having a good team helps as well.

I'm not saying it can't be done, because my comrades and I have accomplished it many times. I'm just saying that the host advantage in Gears of War 1 & 2 is ridiculous.

Host advantage

Personally, I like Xbox Live for Gears, it's unique and quite enjoyable. But it is my belief that many more people would be playing it online if the host was not so dominate.
              Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                I will as well. Have you heard any new weaponry or anything on the storyline?
                http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=764626

Here is everything you need to know

And it is routinely updated....CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!
                sigpic
                Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

For some reason I've never been interested in the series, however the game looks pretty good from a graphical standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    For some reason I've never been interested in the series, however the game looks pretty good from a graphical standpoint.
                    Yea amongst all the people i know they either love the game or hate it....no in between. Personally I am on the love love love side lol
                    sigpic
                    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
                      Yea amongst all the people i know they either love the game or hate it....no in between. Personally I am on the love love love side lol
                      Well believe it or not, I'm an inbetweener yes we do exist we are just a very rare breed.
                      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                        Well believe it or not, I'm an inbetweener yes we do exist we are just a very rare breed.
                        That or just in hiding.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
                          IMO, most haters pf the game, either suck at it, don't like shooters, or never played it.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The first GoW was awesome.

But I'm not a fan of GoW2, I still play GoW with my friends once or twice a week.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              IMO, most haters pf the game, either suck at it, don't like shooters, or never played it.
                              It's not that I hate the game, I've just never been interested in it. Heck that's how I first felt about Mass Effect, I wasn't interested in it, but once I played it, it offically became one of my favorite franchises.

Something about Gears just doesn't look all that appealing to me. But like I said, graphically, it looks amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X