• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jermz79
    Starter
    • Jun 2005

Homefront

Picked it up and I must say, so far it's pretty decent!

Multi player online is cool. You earn BP in match and get to spend it on weapons such as RPG's, Drones, Choppers, Tanks, Humvee's etc .... then you also earn XP of course to rank up.

The maps are pretty decent size and have a nice tactical feel to them. I've been playing Black Ops for the last 6-7 months and moving to this game is a big change! To me the "run and gun" mentality used in Black Ops doesn't do so well in Homefront.

As for the story mode .... well I'm not sure as I only played the first segment but it looks like it's going to be a pretty decent storyline based on the opening!

anyone playing on Ps3 add me : FL_BRONCO_FAN
    sigpic
  • Amari24
    Starter
    • Jan 2010

Yeah... too bad the campaign is only 4 hours long, and if you buy the game used you have to play $10 just to play online. In my case I'd have to pay $70, because my XBL membership ran out, and I'm just not going to do that. Have fun with it though.

Comment

• Spirit
      Where's your team spirit?
      • Jul 2010

Looks something like Freedom Fighters, with the exception of it being the Koreans invading America and not the Russians. Looks like a fun game, though. :usa:
      Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

• BarkdogRX7
        Banned User
        • Aug 2004

I really dislike games that make you pay an additional fee to play online, I have this in my que on Gamefly, the single player looks good though.

But back to my other point, NFS did this with their game - it's like...when will it stop, you pay for the game, you pay for Xbox Live or PsN+ and then ten MORE bucks to play THIS game online...being a gamer requires a 2nd job sometimes

Comment

• JakeNbake
          Baby Football Mod
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
          I really dislike games that make you pay an additional fee to play online, I have this in my que on Gamefly, the single player looks good though.

But back to my other point, NFS did this with their game - it's like...when will it stop, you pay for the game, you pay for Xbox Live or PsN+ and then ten MORE bucks to play THIS game online...being a gamer requires a 2nd job sometimes
          You pay to play it online? Or... is that if you don't BUY the game....
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
            The ArchAngel
            • Jan 2009

The campaign is short and boring, had some cool points, the multiplayer is pretty fun, I like the way the perks, streaks, points,etc works.

As for the paying $10 bucks, thats something you might wanna get use to, because even Call of Duty might start having people buy $10 bucks. EA already does it.

The sole point is to make players pay for dedicated server, notice the games that make you pay $10 or come with a code, all have good servers, while others take 60 seconds to start a match and there is 3 v. 4 in a game that should have 6 v 6 or 9v9.

I buy my games, I never buy a shooter used, because now thats how companies are doing it.

Anyways Homefront is fun to play, then again team games are normally fun.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• BarkdogRX7
              Banned User
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
              I believe if you buy it, there is a code to register or unlock the online. I rented NFS (And soon Homefront) through Gamefly and they gave me 72 hours online with NFS...bummer too cause it wasnt SO great to where I woulda paid to play it online but it was fun with friends.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                The ArchAngel
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                If you buy the game new, then you get a code to unlock the online pass. If you buy the game used, you have to pay $10 for a online code.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• BarkdogRX7
                  Banned User
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  The campaign is short and boring, had some cool points, the multiplayer is pretty fun, I like the way the perks, streaks, points,etc works.

As for the paying $10 bucks, thats something you might wanna get use to, because even Call of Duty might start having people buy $10 bucks. EA already does it.

The sole point is to make players pay for dedicated server, notice the games that make you pay $10 or come with a code, all have good servers, while others take 60 seconds to start a match and there is 3 v. 4 in a game that should have 6 v 6 or 9v9.

I buy my games, I never buy a shooter used, because now thats how companies are doing it.

Anyways Homefront is fun to play, then again team games are normally fun.
                  That makes sense every game of NFS I played online was legit, no lag, nothing bad...instant access guess I didn't think of it like that. Sooooooo I'm a little less mad over it lol

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                    The ArchAngel
                    • Jan 2009

That makes sense every game of NFS I played online was legit, no lag, nothing bad...instant access guess I didn't think of it like that. Sooooooo I'm a little less mad over it lol
                    Yeah, if you think about it, it's worth it. We have all played games with bad server(Call of Duty) it takes 40 seconds before the next match starts. It's hard to get people into full games.

Where as a game like Medal of Honor, when you click to join a match, not even a second later, your in a match.

People question why you pay for certain things, but when you think about why you pay, what you get when you,etc then you understand it more.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Amari24
                      Starter
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Yeah, if you think about it, it's worth it. We have all played games with bad server(Call of Duty) it takes 40 seconds before the next match starts. It's hard to get people into full games.

Where as a game like Medal of Honor, when you click to join a match, not even a second later, your in a match.

People question why you pay for certain things, but when you think about why you pay, what you get when you,etc then you understand it more.
                      That's true but I still think the 60 bucks you're paying for XBL services should be used for the servers of most games. I mean if you buy a $40 dollar game used, and then find out you have to pay 10 bucks to play online, plus an additional 60 bucks for XBL, that's basically the price of two brand new games, and I just don't think it's worth it. That's why when I buy games, I want them to at least have a good campaign mode, so I won't have to rely on going online all the time. Homefront doesn't offer that, at least imo, so I'll pass it up for now.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                        The ArchAngel
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        That's true but I still think the 60 bucks you're paying for XBL services should be used for the servers of most games. I mean if you buy a $40 dollar game used, and then find out you have to pay 10 bucks to play online, plus an additional 60 bucks for XBL, that's basically the price of two brand new games, and I just don't think it's worth it. That's why when I buy games, I want them to at least have a good campaign mode, so I won't have to rely on going online all the time. Homefront doesn't offer that, at least imo, so I'll pass it up for now.
                        Well if you spent $60 for live, then that means for a whole year you have live. It's not Microsoft asking for $10 it's the publisher of the game(EA,THQ, and Activison) EA and everyone else believe if you want dedicated servers you have to pay for them.

But anyways for 12months you have live, so I don't see the problem with live.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Hoserman117
                          Pwnin' Nubz
                          • Dec 2006

That's only if you rent it/buy it used, if you get it new you don't have to do that.

It's definitely huge BS though.

Comment

• Poindexter
                            Hedonistic Existentialist
                            • Sep 2007

I made the mistake of buying this game. Luckily for me I was able to return it for a full refund in exchange for something else.

I know some of you like this game, and I admit the plot itself was good. That is where I draw the line though.

By todays standards the graphics of this game were sloppy at best. Often many of the objects in the environment look 2 dimensional. The character movement looks forced and lacks fluidity. The environments are static and lifeless.

I was willing to let the lack of polish on the graphics slide, but then I ran into the clunky controls. In the campaign I found myself getting stuck to invisible walls, and kept finding myself being blocked by the glitchy AI characters I'm supposed to be working with. This made it very frustrating when trying to maneuver through an area while being shot at. Not to mention I blinked and the campaign was over. 6 short levels later I felt like it should have been twice as long. Even CoD managed to pull off a longer campaign in their last installment and that's saying a lot.

As for the Multiplayer where do I begin? I spent literally 3 hours in the matchmaking lobby trying to get enough people together to find a match. Out of the 16 people minimum you need to start a match I could never get more than 7 in one place at one time. When I finally did get enough people to join I learned really fast that simple commands other games have perfected were left out of this game. For example: To get on top of a roof, or other higher up location you either have to have a ladder, or an act of congress. the act of simply grabbing a ledge and pulling yourself up seemed all but lost on this game. By comparison the last couple of shooters I played prior seemed to have this function built in naturally. Various other simple movements like jumping out an open window, or peeking around walls for cover seem to have been left out as well. The best you can hope for is to dive to a prone position and hope they can't aim downward very well if you are being shot at in this game.

I might be overly critical. Some of the concepts of the game were done well after all. There were just enough things that set me off to make me not want to play it. Most of all I don't feel that it's worth the 60.00+ I spent on it when there are better quality games on the market for equal, or less money.

If the game designers spent half as much effort and time on the game itself as they did on all the ridiculous stunts they pulled advertising it this had a real shot at being a fantastic game. It's a shame then that their priorities were in the wrong place.
                            Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Jermz79
                              Starter
                              • Jun 2005

Ok so after a week or so of playing I'll chime in again.

I agree with Poindexter to a certain extent.

I enjoyed the Campaign mode, in fact I still am ... I'm not the type of gamer that sits in front of my system for 8-9 hours to finish a game the first day I buy it. I'll play an hour or so and then put it away and play a few days later, so the campaigns in these games take me what seems like a lot longer than most people mention.

The graphics in certain areas are lacking BUT I feel the action in the game makes up for that. The story is great in my opinion and really makes you wonder ... what would you do in a situation like this?

NOW ... online Multiplayer - uggggh

to touch on Poindexters point about not being able to join a match. I had the same problem too, then I noticed it said that "Parties and joining friends was down until they made some server upgrades" so I set myself to Private (so no friends could join) and then I found matches easily. Hopfully they will get this fixed.

NOW onto the annoying part of this games multiplayer - the actual gameplay itself. It's amazingly hard!!! Not sure if it's just me or what but I have trouble getting a shot off on anyone before they "one shot" me from a half mile away it seems.

I thought at first the in game BP weapons would be cool such as the tanks and Choopers but my god, if someone get's a tank it's nearly impossible to take the thing out.

I have no problems with anything Poindexter mentioned, such as climbing ladders or finding high vantage points, in fact that is the one thing I DO like about this game ... many places in the game to get good sniping done! Unlike games like Black Ops where it's run and gun, this game actually gives snipers a chance!

Not sure what kind of rating I would give it but I'd have to say at this point probably a 7/10 maybe 7.5 .... Thankfully I had a lot of old games to trade in so I only spent $3.28 on the game!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X