Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the market for a new game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In the market for a new game

    So recently I have been playing a lot of COD: Black Ops for PS3, and a lot of Halo: Reach. This comes after playing through Dragon Age 2 several times. DA:2 was OK, but I honestly didn't like it as much as Origins. It just felt like it was missing length and elements that made the first title great.

    I'm ready to pick up something else, but I'm not sure which direction to go.

    I'd like to pick up a PS3 title as the 360 is my roommates and the PS3 is mine.

    There are a lot of new FPS on the market. Each has something interesting about it, but I'm not really sure which direction to go.

    Homefront looks OK, but I hear the campaign is lacking and the controls are suspect. I don't know how much truth there is to that. I haven't tried it yet.

    Crysis 2 looks solid enough, but also gets mixed reviews. I have heard that the PS3 version sucks, but that may just be hyperbole.

    I liked Killzone 2, but I'm not sure if they made enough changes in KZ3 to make it worth 60.00.

    Truth be told Black Ops is a great game, but it's gotten pretty stale for me. Even with the new map packs the game play is still really predictable. Just like COD 4, and MW2 Black Ops its the same generic run and gun multiplayer it's always been.

    I'd really like to find a game with more character, and customization. I really liked MAG for its massive battles and class customization. I never felt like any 2 people were playing the same type of load out.

    Any suggestions are welcome. I'm open for discussion.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

  • #2
    If it doesn't have to be FPS.....

    I'd say MLB: The Show 11.....

    Best game on the PS3 hands down.


    As for an FPS recommendation.....prob Killzone
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Assassin's Creed 2. Incredibly fun game on the PS3. I just ordered Assassin's Creed - Brotherhood from Amazon and I'm hoping I get it pretty darned soon!
      Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I understand it doesn't need to be a FPS. I tend to lean away from sports titles because I don't like having to buy new versions of a game I already own every time a roster changes, or every time a new season starts. By comparison buying a sequel to a game like DA: 2, or COD usually leads to new maps and campaigns, and or game play choices.

        As for the Assassins Creed games, we already own them, so that's why I was trying to list a few options of things I'm looking at.

        If it helps I can tell you my all time favorite game is Uncharted:2 I have logged over 100 hours into that game working towards 100% trophy completion. I'm currently stuck on the final boss on Crushing mode (The hardest setting). I can get close to killing him, but it takes almost nothing to kill you on that level of difficulty and you have to have a damn near flawless run to even have a chance.

        By contrast I hated Bulletstorm. That game felt like playing something designed by a 12 year old boy. It's full of unnecessary cussing, and over the top violence. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of violent games, and I have been known to swear like a sailor, but with Bulletstorm it all felt very forced. Instead of being clever it just came out as a bad fart joke told by a 3rd grader. Not to mention having to rewire my system and open additional ports just to play online added insult to injury.

        As far as games that are not FPS it's tough. I really like RPG's, but the PS3 is lacking in that area for the most part. It used to be that if you wanted to play a RPG you bought a PlayStation instead of a X box. That's not the case any more. For the record Final Fantasy 13 is not an RPG. It is a poorly designed, linear, button mashing pile of refuse. I just had to add that.

        I was mostly just looking at FPS's, because right now those seem to be the better titles on the market.

        I will look at MLB 11 The Show. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but with that kind of shining praise it can't hurt to check it out.
        Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
          I understand it doesn't need to be a FPS. I tend to lean away from sports titles because I don't like having to buy new versions of a game I already own every time a roster changes, or every time a new season starts. By comparison buying a sequel to a game like DA: 2, or COD usually leads to new maps and campaigns, and or game play choices.

          As for the Assassins Creed games, we already own them, so that's why I was trying to list a few options of things I'm looking at.

          If it helps I can tell you my all time favorite game is Uncharted:2 I have logged over 100 hours into that game working towards 100% trophy completion. I'm currently stuck on the final boss on Crushing mode (The hardest setting). I can get close to killing him, but it takes almost nothing to kill you on that level of difficulty and you have to have a damn near flawless run to even have a chance.

          By contrast I hated Bulletstorm. That game felt like playing something designed by a 12 year old boy. It's full of unnecessary cussing, and over the top violence. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of violent games, and I have been known to swear like a sailor, but with Bulletstorm it all felt very forced. Instead of being clever it just came out as a bad fart joke told by a 3rd grader. Not to mention having to rewire my system and open additional ports just to play online added insult to injury.

          As far as games that are not FPS it's tough. I really like RPG's, but the PS3 is lacking in that area for the most part. It used to be that if you wanted to play a RPG you bought a PlayStation instead of a X box. That's not the case any more. For the record Final Fantasy 13 is not an RPG. It is a poorly designed, linear, button mashing pile of refuse. I just had to add that.

          I was mostly just looking at FPS's, because right now those seem to be the better titles on the market.

          I will look at MLB 11 The Show. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but with that kind of shining praise it can't hurt to check it out.
          Gotcha.

          Yeah, I'd HIGHLY recommend MLB 11 The Show. There is a thread on you can check it out. That was the reason I bought the PS3 for that game alone. But then again, I am a baseball fan and most are who play the game, but man, it's awesome.

          But for an FPS, I'd say go with Killzone.

          Don't play a whole bunch of them, but I've liked all the Killzones.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Have you tried Mass Effect 2? That's out for the PS3 now.
            Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Do you have God of War 1/2/3 or Demon Souls? Those are some decent titles. (GoW 1/2 are on Ps3 now.)
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                If you like Dragon Age and haven't played ME1 or 2, go buy then now and play them forever.

                Or maybe Dead Space 1/2? Those are fun.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Best game for the PS3 is Heavy Rain.

                  It doesn't fit your criteria. But, still, it is an awesome game.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                  The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Fallout? I got pretty addicted to that for a little bit. I'd recommend it.
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                      Fallout? I got pretty addicted to that for a little bit. I'd recommend it.
                      Fallou 3 or New Vegas?
                      Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Vhailor View Post
                        Fallou 3 or New Vegas?
                        3.

                        I was told New Vegas had to many bugs/glitches and what not.
                        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                          3.

                          I was told New Vegas had to many bugs/glitches and what not.
                          Yarr... plus nothing beats Three-Dog, even if New Vegas is more canon. I preferred FO3 based on the fact that it was... just... darker. The weather was darker, the landscape was darker.
                          Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                            3.

                            I was told New Vegas had to many bugs/glitches and what not.
                            I heard that too but I never experienced any problems with it. I guess I'm just lucky though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              I heard that too but I never experienced any problems with it. I guess I'm just lucky though.
                              I might give it a try some day, but I really don't play video games, and really only have time when I am on breaks from school. I can play a game or two of baseball or madden, but fallout takes way to much time.

                              Might give it a shot over summer, but I don't know, we'll see....
                              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X