Looking for a good MMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good MMO

As the title says, I've a couple but am currently looking for a new one. I know there is a KOTOR cming out, but that's it any good ones out there?
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

I hear Rift is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      As the title says, I've a couple but am currently looking for a new one. I know there is a KOTOR coming out, but that's it any good ones out there?
      are you looking for one currently out or one being developed?

guild wars 2 is being developed and looks like it could be promising, it will also be free to play once you buy the game.

but to be honest, as far as games that are being developed, there is the old republic, then everything else.

but if you are looking for a game already out, i am assuming you have played world of warcraft, right?

if so, there are actually a few games out there that are free to play now that you could check out.

everquest 2

http://everquest2.com/free_to_play/i...=GO11949874999

lord of the rings online

http://www.lotro.com/

dungeons and dragons online

https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php?ftui=DDODefault&
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TecmoElway View Post
        I hear Rift is fun.
        forgot about that one, never played it but heard it was pretty good as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          are you looking for one currently out or one being developed?

guild wars 2 is being developed and looks like it could be promising, it will also be free to play once you buy the game.

but to be honest, as far as games that are being developed, there is the old republic, then everything else.

but if you are looking for a game already out, i am assuming you have played world of warcraft, right?

if so, there are actually a few games out there that are free to play now that you could check out.

everquest 2

http://everquest2.com/free_to_play/i...=GO11949874999

lord of the rings online

http://www.lotro.com/

dungeons and dragons online

https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php?ftui=DDODefault&
          Either one is fine, just not something in to distant future, you know something currently out or coming out in the next couple of months

Comment

Either one is fine, just not something in to distant future, you know something currently out or coming out in the next couple of months
            any one of those three i linked are decent games, and free to play. other than that i am pretty much just waiting to play the old republic, but that is just me.

if you are looking for something specific, let me know.
            sigpic

Comment

any one of those three i linked are decent games, and free to play. other than that i am pretty much just waiting to play the old republic, but that is just me.

if you are looking for something specific, let me know.
              Is there a release date for KOTOR?

Comment

Is there a release date for KOTOR?
                nah, its probably got at least 4-6 months until release though. in terms of developing an mmo, that's not very long.

i have been waiting patiently for this game for like 5 years now lol
                sigpic

Comment

nah, its probably got at least 4-6 months until release though. in terms of developing an mmo, that's not very long.

i have been waiting patiently for this game for like 5 years now lol
                  I was the same way with Starcraft 2 man I loved Starcraft as a kid, although I didn't really comprehend the scope of the game.

Comment

There is a reason why WoW is the most popular MMO of all-time. If you haven't played it, I recommend it. I know a lot of people don't want to get into an older MMO since they feel they have missed out but with Cata, Blizzard have revamped most of the old zones, all the starting areas are redone for the most part, and they've really streamlined and made leveling more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post
                      There is a reason why WoW is the most popular MMO of all-time. If you haven't played it, I recommend it. I know a lot of people don't want to get into an older MMO since they feel they have missed out but with Cata, Blizzard have revamped most of the old zones, all the starting areas are redone for the most part, and they've really streamlined and made leveling more efficient.
                      yeah, wow is a good game. i just assume people have tried it and are looking for something different.

if you have never played wow i suggest trying it as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was the same way with Starcraft 2 man I loved Starcraft as a kid, although I didn't really comprehend the scope of the game.
                        lol yeah it took them forever to make that game, i also anticipated world of warcraft for like 5 years as well haha

i have also been waiting for diablo 3 for like 8 years

blizzard likes to take their time with games apparently.
                        sigpic

Comment

The best MMO ever was Ever Quest....

I just can't really get into them now.
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                            The best MMO ever was Ever Quest....

I just can't really get into them now.
                            eq was my first mmo, played on the vallon zek pvp server.
                            sigpic

Comment

eq was my first mmo, played on the vallon zek pvp server.
                              My first ever was this game called slayers (korean game) it was actually really funny because everything was mispelled and the koreans that played on it that spoke english did so very poorly. One time I pk'ed this guy like 2-3 times in a row and instaed of respawning he just sat there typing "YOU DIE FOREVER!!" over and over like it was some epic insult

Now days I play champions online and LOTR Online.

Funny enough slayers is comming back soon (tomorrow actually) after disapearing for several years and I will likely play that for old times sake as well

http://slayers.onlinegame.com/

I've played far too many Mmo's in my lifetime (SWG, Lineage 2, Helbreath, Slayers, LOTRO, Champions Online, and many other smaller name ones) I think my favorite for a longtime was Lineage 2 (great thing about it is you can find emulated servers all over the place for that one that play exactly like the actual servers for free) LOTRO is a really great game for F2P but it's too much like wow for my tastes.
                              Last edited by Freyaka; 03-24-2011, 08:27 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X