PS3, Wii, 360, or PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3, Wii, 360, or PC?

The current gen systems are still going strong, but out of all three, which one do you think is better? Or do you basically dislike consoles and perfer gaming on a PC? Also be sure to explain why you perfer said game platform over the others that are listed.
    44.44%
    PS3
    38.89%
    PC
    16.67%
    Wii
    0.00%
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-26-2011, 08:06 PM.

I guess it really depends on what you like. I have a Ps3, Xbox 360 and PC, but I can't use the computer while away at College.

I use the xbox the most, because most of my friends play it, I use it for the main platform for multiplatform games.

I love the Ps3 for the exclusives, and I have to say that is the better one, I like all the stuff you can do with the Ps3, and all the software, it is essentially a computer in a console. I think it has better exclusives than the Xbox, although I got the Xbox because of Halo.

I think the Computer will soon be obsolete, but once again you have some good pc only stuff, like the Total War series.

Sorry for rambling, but I would say PS3, it has great games, great hardware, and it is more functional and clearer, in my honest opinion.
    sigpic

Comment

I have PS3 and Wii, and it's hard to say.

I don't really attach any emotion to the console itself, just the inventiveness of the games themselves. So the exclusive titles end up mattering a lot.

And Wii has so many awesome game properties that have love most of my life, it's hard to ignore. But the resolution and technology of the PS3 is so superior, that it would probably be my "if you could buy only one" console.

I guess I just enjoy the sheer innovation of Nintendo over the years.

Comment

Xbox 360 has a lot of the big named titles, more so than the other consoles IMO. And Xbox Live of course makes it worth buying, although I'm not fond of the idea that future games will require you purchase a code to play online if you buy a game used.
        Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

I happen to own all 3 including a decent PC that can run most games pretty well. As of right now, I like the PS3 more mainly because it's exclusives are currently better than anything on the 360 and the Wii. I know we haven't hit E3 yet, but I honestly can't think of one 360 exclusive off the top of my head, whereas I can come up with a bunch of PS3 exclusives. That said, I use the 360 as my main system for multiplats and exclusives, whereas my PS3 is mainly for exclusives only. The only multiplats I got for my PS3 over my 360 are Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, and RB2, and that's mainly because I'm trying to build up my PS3 collection, as I only own about 7 games for it, while I own over twenty 360 games.

The only real reason I own a Wii is for Virtual Console, it's a little too gimmicky of a system for me, and doesn't have that many games that are appealing. A lot of it's games are just shovelware for younger kids. Not to mention the games that go multiplat on it are pretty poor. You won't find me buying a multiplat game for my Wii over my PS3 or 360.

I plan to use my PC more for gaming once I'm able to upgrade it. Right now the graphics are a bit out dated on it, as they look about the same as 360 graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
            Xbox 360 has a lot of the big named titles, more so than the other consoles IMO. And Xbox Live of course makes it worth buying, although I'm not fond of the idea that future games will require you purchase a code to play online if you buy a game used.
            Yeah that does suck, but for me it doesn't change much. The only reason I ever log into Xbox Live anymore is to download DLC for my games. I rarely ever play online on any system, even the PS3 where it comes free. They're doing this for some single player games though, like Mass Effect 2 you had to buy Cerberus Network. I didn't have to as I brought the game brand new. And any game I really like I'm buying new and not used anyways.

Comment

360. The PS3 has better exclusives, but I only use the PS3 for exclusives and 360 for everything. I just prefer everything that comes with the Xbox and Live. And I prefer how the 360 controllers fit in my hands.

I am a bit bummed that Mass Effect 2 was released for the PS3 thanks to EA because that meant the 360 lost it's best exclusive other than Halo, but oh well. More fans for the game I guess

Really though, both the PS3 and 360 have their strengths and weaknesses and I think they're both pretty even. You can't go wrong with either.

PC gaming is cool because you get mods. And I disagree with whoever said computer gaming will become obsolete. I know a lot of people who PC game, and sales are still good for it.

The only time I play the Wii is if I'm with a big group of people. Other than that I think it's pretty useless.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                360. The PS3 has better exclusives, but I only use the PS3 for exclusives and 360 for everything. I just prefer everything that comes with the Xbox and Live. And I prefer how the 360 controllers fit in my hands.

I am a bit bummed that Mass Effect 2 was released for the PS3 thanks to EA because that meant the 360 lost it's best exclusive other than Halo, but oh well. More fans for the game I guess

Really though, both the PS3 and 360 have their strengths and weaknesses and I think they're both pretty even. You can't go wrong with either.

PC gaming is cool because you get mods. And I disagree with whoever said computer gaming will become obsolete. I know a lot of people who PC game, and sales are still good for it.

The only time I play the Wii is if I'm with a big group of people. Other than that I think it's pretty useless.
                The 360 losing Mass Effect 2 was a huge blow, and I personally don't feel that the game is as appreciated by PS3 gamers as it was by 360/PC gamers. Also EA basically said "Screw you" to everyone who brought the game a year before, because we had to pay for the DLC, and the PS3 already had it on there free. But yeah, Mass Effect isn't just an exclusive you lose and say "oh well". Microsoft better announce a hell bunch of exclusive games this coming up E3 or they're in trouble. Kinect will only help them for so long.

I agree. I know the Wii is 90% marketed towards the casual audience like kids, or families, but I think it's worthless to own it for any other reason but that.

One thing I hate about the 360 controller is that you can't turn off vibrations for all the games. Only some games actually let you do it, but others you're forced to have vibrations on which sometimes cause my hands to go numb, and really isn't good for your hands for a long period of time anyways. With the PS3 you can go into options and turn it off period. Other than that, I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 for everything but shooters.

Comment

Honestly, if there were more sports games made for PC, I'd probably use PC... The only issue with PC in my eyes is the constant change in minimum system requirements... Thus the constant need to upgrade parts.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Hace you guys ever played kinect? Its fun as hell. Microsoft needs to come out with sweet new games for it. And new exclusives but kinect will be around for a while i hope any way its so fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                      Honestly, if there were more sports games made for PC, I'd probably use PC... The only issue with PC in my eyes is the constant change in minimum system requirements... Thus the constant need to upgrade parts.
                      Yeah PC can be a beauty if you have everything right. You can use your PS3 controller or 360 controller on it, and you can hook them up to your 55"in HDTV, and play them as if they were a console. And then you also have easy access to emulators. They also look graphically better than consoles as well.

But then you have to worry about hour long installations, long ass serial keys, more hackers, and constant updates, whereas consoles you can put the game in and play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                        Hace you guys ever played kinect? Its fun as hell. Microsoft needs to come out with sweet new games for it. And new exclusives but kinect will be around for a while i hope any way its so fun.
                        I haven't played Kinect. I'm honestly not interested in motion controls, that's mainly why I don't like the Wii that much. I like playing my games with a controller/KB&Mouse, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The thought of swinging your arms around for hours just to play a game, doesn't sound as convenient as just using a regular control pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                          I haven't played Kinect. I'm honestly not interested in motion controls, that's mainly why I don't like the Wii that much. I like playing my games with a controller/KB&Mouse, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The thought of swinging your arms around for hours just to play a game, doesn't sound as convenient as just using a regular control pad.
                          Kinect>>>>>>>Wii

I hated the wii. Loved Kinect. Dont knock it till you try it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                            Kinect>>>>>>>Wii

I hated the wii. Loved Kinect. Dont knock it till you try it!
                            I'll try it someday, hopefully I get more enjoyment out of it than the Wii.

Comment

360. Prefer the controller by a million miles and love Xbox Live. All my friends play it as well so I have the most fun with it. I also just love Halo and thus I choose the 360 over PS3, and I like putting some money into my PC as well, so I've never bought a PS3 due to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X