Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay3
    replied
    I don't play story-based, first person adventures. I don't spend hours playing.

I prefer brief, family sessions where we can play for 30 minutes at a time and have a little fun, or I can play with some uninitiated guests and have a fun game.

I think so many times we fail to remember there are many types of gamers, and there's not a "best" system until you figure out the "type" you are.

It seems that the hardcore, FPS, online gaming crowd has tipped towards the 360.

The family, women, party crowd has tipped towards Nintendo Wii.

I think PS3 wins for "best all around" and for people that think of the game console as a set top box for streaming video and playing blu-rays.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    I got a 360, PS3 and PC.

Don't use the PC for gaming much anymore.

I use the 360 for COD games and Madden because my friends have the console.

I use the PS3 for pretty much everything else.

I think the PS3 is just a nicer system. More technology around it, more features, etc.... It also is a lot more sturdy and won't scratch your games like the 360 will.

I like the 360 a hell of a lot more though.

But, I'd have to go with PS3 though.
    I agree completely. Blu Ray disc are next to impossible to scratch, they're more durable than Dual layer DVDs that the 360 uses. And it has been proven that the 360 scratches games more than any other disc based console out there. It's why any game I plan on playing a lot, I install to my HDD before hand.

That said, for some reason I'm more sentimental towards the 360 over the PS3 (maybe because I owned it first), but right now the PS3 is the better system.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
    I think PC comes out on top when it comes to multiplayer gaming. You also don't have to pay an extra fee on top of internet in order to play online.

I do however feel a major problem with PC gaming is the constant need to upgrade certain expensive parts in order to achieve maximum quality. It's not really a necessity to constantly upgrade because a decent PC will last you some time but you don't really need to upgrade parts on your console for games so i think thats a huge advantage.

I also feel like it's a lot easier to ignore and avoid the annoying people in game on the PC.
    How so? On consoles you have the option to mute everyone in the game or just a specific person.

Leave a comment:

• HavoK471
    replied
    I think PC comes out on top when it comes to multiplayer gaming. You also don't have to pay an extra fee on top of internet in order to play online.

I do however feel a major problem with PC gaming is the constant need to upgrade certain expensive parts in order to achieve maximum quality. It's not really a necessity to constantly upgrade because a decent PC will last you some time but you don't really need to upgrade parts on your console for games so i think thats a huge advantage.

I also feel like it's a lot easier to ignore and avoid the annoying people in game on the PC.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    I got a 360, PS3 and PC.

Don't use the PC for gaming much anymore.

I use the 360 for COD games and Madden because my friends have the console.

I use the PS3 for pretty much everything else.

I think the PS3 is just a nicer system. More technology around it, more features, etc.... It also is a lot more sturdy and won't scratch your games like the 360 will.

I like the 360 a hell of a lot more though.

But, I'd have to go with PS3 though.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    360. Prefer the controller by a million miles and love Xbox Live. All my friends play it as well so I have the most fun with it. I also just love Halo and thus I choose the 360 over PS3, and I like putting some money into my PC as well, so I've never bought a PS3 due to that.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Kinect>>>>>>>Wii

I hated the wii. Loved Kinect. Dont knock it till you try it!
    I'll try it someday, hopefully I get more enjoyment out of it than the Wii.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    I haven't played Kinect. I'm honestly not interested in motion controls, that's mainly why I don't like the Wii that much. I like playing my games with a controller/KB&Mouse, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The thought of swinging your arms around for hours just to play a game, doesn't sound as convenient as just using a regular control pad.
    Kinect>>>>>>>Wii

I hated the wii. Loved Kinect. Dont knock it till you try it!

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Hace you guys ever played kinect? Its fun as hell. Microsoft needs to come out with sweet new games for it. And new exclusives but kinect will be around for a while i hope any way its so fun.
    I haven't played Kinect. I'm honestly not interested in motion controls, that's mainly why I don't like the Wii that much. I like playing my games with a controller/KB&Mouse, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The thought of swinging your arms around for hours just to play a game, doesn't sound as convenient as just using a regular control pad.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Honestly, if there were more sports games made for PC, I'd probably use PC... The only issue with PC in my eyes is the constant change in minimum system requirements... Thus the constant need to upgrade parts.
    Yeah PC can be a beauty if you have everything right. You can use your PS3 controller or 360 controller on it, and you can hook them up to your 55"in HDTV, and play them as if they were a console. And then you also have easy access to emulators. They also look graphically better than consoles as well.

But then you have to worry about hour long installations, long ass serial keys, more hackers, and constant updates, whereas consoles you can put the game in and play.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Hace you guys ever played kinect? Its fun as hell. Microsoft needs to come out with sweet new games for it. And new exclusives but kinect will be around for a while i hope any way its so fun.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Honestly, if there were more sports games made for PC, I'd probably use PC... The only issue with PC in my eyes is the constant change in minimum system requirements... Thus the constant need to upgrade parts.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
    360. The PS3 has better exclusives, but I only use the PS3 for exclusives and 360 for everything. I just prefer everything that comes with the Xbox and Live. And I prefer how the 360 controllers fit in my hands.

I am a bit bummed that Mass Effect 2 was released for the PS3 thanks to EA because that meant the 360 lost it's best exclusive other than Halo, but oh well. More fans for the game I guess

Really though, both the PS3 and 360 have their strengths and weaknesses and I think they're both pretty even. You can't go wrong with either.

PC gaming is cool because you get mods. And I disagree with whoever said computer gaming will become obsolete. I know a lot of people who PC game, and sales are still good for it.

The only time I play the Wii is if I'm with a big group of people. Other than that I think it's pretty useless.
    The 360 losing Mass Effect 2 was a huge blow, and I personally don't feel that the game is as appreciated by PS3 gamers as it was by 360/PC gamers. Also EA basically said "Screw you" to everyone who brought the game a year before, because we had to pay for the DLC, and the PS3 already had it on there free. But yeah, Mass Effect isn't just an exclusive you lose and say "oh well". Microsoft better announce a hell bunch of exclusive games this coming up E3 or they're in trouble. Kinect will only help them for so long.

I agree. I know the Wii is 90% marketed towards the casual audience like kids, or families, but I think it's worthless to own it for any other reason but that.

One thing I hate about the 360 controller is that you can't turn off vibrations for all the games. Only some games actually let you do it, but others you're forced to have vibrations on which sometimes cause my hands to go numb, and really isn't good for your hands for a long period of time anyways. With the PS3 you can go into options and turn it off period. Other than that, I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 for everything but shooters.

Leave a comment:

• Skywalker
    replied
    360. The PS3 has better exclusives, but I only use the PS3 for exclusives and 360 for everything. I just prefer everything that comes with the Xbox and Live. And I prefer how the 360 controllers fit in my hands.

I am a bit bummed that Mass Effect 2 was released for the PS3 thanks to EA because that meant the 360 lost it's best exclusive other than Halo, but oh well. More fans for the game I guess

Really though, both the PS3 and 360 have their strengths and weaknesses and I think they're both pretty even. You can't go wrong with either.

PC gaming is cool because you get mods. And I disagree with whoever said computer gaming will become obsolete. I know a lot of people who PC game, and sales are still good for it.

The only time I play the Wii is if I'm with a big group of people. Other than that I think it's pretty useless.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Originally posted by Spirit View Post
    Xbox 360 has a lot of the big named titles, more so than the other consoles IMO. And Xbox Live of course makes it worth buying, although I'm not fond of the idea that future games will require you purchase a code to play online if you buy a game used.
    Yeah that does suck, but for me it doesn't change much. The only reason I ever log into Xbox Live anymore is to download DLC for my games. I rarely ever play online on any system, even the PS3 where it comes free. They're doing this for some single player games though, like Mass Effect 2 you had to buy Cerberus Network. I didn't have to as I brought the game brand new. And any game I really like I'm buying new and not used anyways.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X