Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console

    http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1161875p1.html

    According to multiple reports today, Nintendo will reveal a new console at E3 this coming June.

    Game Informer first reported the details, saying the console is capable of running games at "HD resolutions." Our sources have said the the console is significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and that Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market. Another source said it is capable of 1080p resolutions.

    Nintendo is reportedly showing the console to publishers to garner interest for a late 2012 launch.

    Additional sources tell IGN that Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month with a full reveal expected at E3 and that the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software.

    A report from CVG states the new Nintendo console will use an all-new controller - not an updated Wii controller - with sources saying it will have a built-in screen. Additional sources informed IGN the screen has touch capability.
    Thanks

    -Dave
    sigpic

  • #2
    Very interesting... I can't wait for e3 this year. I certainly won't purchase this day one, but it may be worth looking into a year after its release. I look forward to stopping by gamestop just to see if the demo unit is available to try it out the joys of a new console being on the market.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

    Comment


    • #3
      It'd be cool if Nintendo came out with something better than all the other systems, I remember back in the day if you didn't have a Super Nintendo or a N64 you had nothing....

      They would have to change a lot to compete with Sony and Microsoft thou, are far as online play and game licenses...
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I already reported this in my Xbox 720 thread, a few weeks ago. Not a surprise.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by IPICKEDYOUOFF View Post
          It'd be cool if Nintendo came out with something better than all the other systems, I remember back in the day if you didn't have a Super Nintendo or a N64 you had nothing....

          They would have to change a lot to compete with Sony and Microsoft thou, are far as online play and game licenses...
          N64 wasn't that good. PS1 and Saturn were better. SNES was awesome but Genesis does what Nintendon't.

          Comment


          • #6
            I am cautiously excited. I wasn't a huge fan of the GameCube or the Wii. I really hope they can make a console that attracts some serious 3rd party developers, and re-attracts the hardcore gamers.

            The world is a better place when Nintendo has the best console (I was definitely a N64 fan over the PS).
            Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
              I am cautiously excited. I wasn't a huge fan of the GameCube or the Wii. I really hope they can make a console that attracts some serious 3rd party developers, and re-attracts the hardcore gamers.

              The world is a better place when Nintendo has the best console (I was definitely a N64 fan over the PS).
              Actually it's better when Sega has a console.
              And the only thing I like about the N64 was GoldenEye, after that, there's really not anything worth mentioning.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                Actually it's better when Sega has a console.
                And the only thing I like about the N64 was GoldenEye, after that, there's really not anything worth mentioning.
                So Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time isn't worth mentioning? It's probably the greatest single video game of all time. Of course, that's just my opinion (and millions of others' as well).

                Man, talk about a tough crowd.

                EDIT: Oh, and I actually never really got to play a whole lot Genesis or SNES, because all the kids who had cooler parents than mine got to own them. I only got to play them at one of my friend's house occasionally, so I never really got to get the whole experience down. I played my Atari and NES until halfway through High school, then got a N64. I finally got an Xbox in college.
                Last edited by DoomTrooper; 04-15-2011, 02:27 PM.
                Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                  So Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time isn't worth mentioning? It's probably the greatest single video game of all time. Of course, that's just my opinion (and millions of others' as well).

                  Man, talk about a tough crowd.
                  I played Zelda, and didn't like it. I also played the Zelda games on the NES and SNES, and I didn't like those either. I just couldn't get into the Zelda Series. So yeah, to me it isn't worth mentioning. It probably is a good game, but it's just not for me.

                  Most Nintendo fans consider the N64 to be the worse Nintendo system not named the Virtual Boy. The PS1 and Saturn were still my favorites at that time. I also liked the Jaguar a lot too, even though it did poorly on the market.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post

                    Oh, and I actually never really got to play a whole lot Genesis or SNES, because all the kids who had cooler parents than mine got to own them. I only got to play them at one of my friend's house occasionally, so I never really got to get the whole experience down. I played my Atari and NES until halfway through High school, then got a N64. I finally got an Xbox in college.
                    You should buy an SNES and Genesis. The SNES is my favorite Nintendo console, it has tons of great games. If you like Zelda you should check out a A Link To the Past on the SNES. Also Final Fight and the Mega Man games... just classics. Super Castlevania 4 is also a good one. Genesis also has a lot of great games.

                    As for Nintendo's new console, I think they should be careful with whom them market the system towards. Last time Nintendo tried to please the hardcore crowd, it didn't turn out good. The system I'm referring to is the GameCube. If Nintendo tries that again, and doesn't succeed, they'll get destroyed by Sony in the PS4 again, and Microsoft will also curb stomp them.
                    Last edited by Amari24; 04-15-2011, 02:37 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                      I played Zelda, and didn't like it. I also played the Zelda games on the NES and SNES, and I didn't like those either. I just couldn't get into the Zelda Series. So yeah, to me it isn't worth mentioning. It probably is a good game, but it's just not for me.

                      Most Nintendo fans consider the N64 to be the worse Nintendo system not named the Virtual Boy. The PS1 and Saturn were still my favorites at that time. I also liked the Jaguar a lot too, even though it did poorly on the market.
                      "Most Nintendo fans consider the N64 to be the worse Nintendo system not named Virtual Boy"?!?

                      Really?!? Are you sure about that?

                      I didn't know you personally took a poll from "most Nintendo fans" to be able to make such a bold statement like that. I'm not going to pretend I know most Nintendo fans, nor am I going to plagiarize something I read in GameInformer, but I'm pretty sure you're dead wrong on that.

                      The N64 gave us the thumbstick and rumblepak, man! Please.
                      Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        If Nintendo tries that again, and doesn't succeed, they'll get destroyed by Sony in the PS4 again, and Microsoft will also curb stomp them.
                        I do agree with you there. As much as I'd like Nintendo to successfully re-connect with the hardcore gaming population, the reality is they'll probably lose and indeed, receive a... as you put it... curb stomp from Sony and Microsoft.
                        Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                          "Most Nintendo fans consider the N64 to be the worse Nintendo system not named Virtual Boy"?!?

                          Really?!? Are you sure about that?

                          I didn't know you personally took a poll from "most Nintendo fans" to be able to make such a bold statement like that. I'm not going to pretend I know most Nintendo fans, nor am I going to plagiarize something I read in GameInformer, but I'm pretty sure you're dead wrong on that.

                          The N64 gave us the thumbstick and rumblepak, man! Please.
                          There was a poll on Gamespot, asking what the worse N64 console is, most people voted the Virtual Boy, and some voted on the N64. Also the sales show that the N64 wasn't that liked compared to the SNES and NES. The Playstation destroyed the N64 in the US, and the Saturn destroyed the N64 in Japan. The sales show that the N64 let down many gamers, and it did.

                          Also Nintendo really didn't do anything with introducing thumbsticks, and rumblepaks. Thumbsticks were inevitable anyways, since joy sticks were already popular around that time, it was only natural that someone would make a thumbstick. Rumblepaks aren't anything innovative, they just add vibrations in the controller, nothing special. Actually Rumblepaks aren't the good anyways. They make your hands go numb, and can cause CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome).

                          All of those things were bound to come out eventually. That's like saying there wouldn't be Xbox Live or PSN if it wasn't for the Dreamcast popularizing online multiplayer.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, the Airplane didn't exactly require any "innovation" either right? I mean, look at birds, the technology was already there, wasn't it? It was bound to come out eventually.

                            Also, never mind the convenience and speed of air travel, plane crashes result in a lot of deaths, so let's focus on that.

                            It's simple math.

                            And didn't computer games popularize online multiplayer? Remember Warcraft II? That was a pretty popular game, wasn't it?

                            EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant online multiplayer in general, not just for Consoles. In that case, you're right about the Dreamcast and Xbox Live and PSN.

                            EDIT: EDIT: And yes, I know I was being melodramatic making the airplane comparison.
                            Last edited by DoomTrooper; 04-15-2011, 03:21 PM.
                            Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nintendo always innovates new ways to control games.

                              First thumb-stick (N64). Became standard.

                              First touchscreen used as control (DS).

                              First motion control (Wii).

                              Now first controller for a console that has a visible screen on it, and touchscreen to boot.

                              They constantly think of ways to engage new people into games, by making them fun and accessible.

                              Who cares about the sweaty-armpit-basement-dwelling-nose-whistle crowd of hard core gamers?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X