• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    not disputing that

i'm just saying given the patterns , 2012 was kinda expected IMO

2014 isn't that far off in itself

stupid question but is there a possibility that this hack job could move up the launch?
    It depends. I honestly think the only way Sony releases it sooner would be if Nintendo's next system is gaining too much support and too big of a lead. If that happens, Sony may consider launching it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
      There's a ceiling to graphical advancement. Maybe not to the level of detail an artist adds, but to the representation of what's present, there's a ceiling
      No, sorry but this is just wrong. We're so far away from that ceiling (if there even is a ceiling) its not even funny. We still have an extremely long way to go especially in areas like lighting where we've barely even scratched the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
        Well if you go on PC you can basically play every game at 1080p at 60fps. On consoles, only a handful of games actually use 1080p, and even they aren't "true" 1080p. Actually they're all 720p, but some games are scaled to make it look like they're 1080p.

PS4 should have..

-Blu ray
        -all games at native 1080p
        -at least 45fps
        -3 GBs or so of RAM
        -latest DirectX (maybe DirectX12)
        -a good cooling system to prevent overheating
        -good graphics card and processor

And last but not least, good games!
        3gb of RAM will not be cutting it for next gen games. Expect anywhere from 4-8gb.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
          There's a ceiling to graphical advancement. Maybe not to the level of detail an artist adds, but to the representation of what's present, there's a ceiling.
          Thats like when Bill Gates said "640K ought to be enough for anybody" (talking about 640kb of memory)

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Freeman View Post
            3gb of RAM will not be cutting it for next gen games. Expect anywhere from 4-8gb.
            That would be even better, but 3GB would be a huge improvement over what we have now. But I'm not complaining with 8GB of ram. I also hope they use the latest DirectX.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
              Thats like when Bill Gates said "640K ought to be enough for anybody" (talking about 640kb of memory)
              These new consoles should have 1TB HDDs

Comment

1tb hardrives isn't that out of the question considering the push towards digital distribution. I think this will be the last generation of consoles which uses physical media as its primary distribution method. Its pretty much been eliminated on PC via Steam.

Comment

1tb hardrives isn't that out of the question considering the push towards digital distribution. I think this will be the last generation of consoles which uses physical media as its primary distribution method. Its pretty much been eliminated on PC via Steam.
                  Especially if the next gen consoles get a service like Steam where we can directly download games and content straight to our HDD.

Microsoft and Sony should agree to a service that allows us to download the games on our consoles, and they both get an even percentage of the sales, as well as the company providing the service. I don't mind going out to stores and buying hard copies of the game, but it'd good to have the option of both.

Also I hope the downloads are fast. Games will be getting bigger in size, which will make them slower to download.

Comment

They just better work on making it so the system last. Both Microsoft and Sony need to work on the durability department and not cut so many corners. Also i've heard ps4 might be virtual reality. All i know is it better come with a dang controller so I can play madden properly.
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

The way things are going right now, you can kiss the idea of pure digital distribution for any media goodbye. The ISP's are placing smaller and smaller limits on how much data you are allowed to transmit each month. With people watching netflix all the time, and downloading 50GB+ games those limits will be reached at insanely fast speeds.

Not only that, but think of it this way, how much money do game companies make during the holidays because little timmy has all these games on his list, so grandma, mom, and aunts buy him the games... Those are all people who won't buy gift cards for people... There's just too much money to be lost by not having a physical media purchasable.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        It depends. I honestly think the only way Sony releases it sooner would be if Nintendo's next system is gaining too much support and too big of a lead. If that happens, Sony may consider launching it sooner.
                        given nintendo's track record with selling recently, i'd say there's a great chance they sell the holy hell out of their next console
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                          The way things are going right now, you can kiss the idea of pure digital distribution for any media goodbye. The ISP's are placing smaller and smaller limits on how much data you are allowed to transmit each month. With people watching netflix all the time, and downloading 50GB+ games those limits will be reached at insanely fast speeds.

Not only that, but think of it this way, how much money do game companies make during the holidays because little timmy has all these games on his list, so grandma, mom, and aunts buy him the games... Those are all people who won't buy gift cards for people... There's just too much money to be lost by not having a physical media purchasable.
                          You're right. However I think we might see the government intervene on the consumers behalf.

Comment

You're right. However I think we might see the government intervene on the consumers behalf.
                            I hope you are right. The innovations that could take place with such an event taking place are endless. I still don't see a time when digital distribution is the only method. It may be the preferred method, but there will always be people who prefer to have a physical copy of what they own, especially with the DRM policies that will be in place.

Also in order for a digital only distribution model, the entire country needs to have broadband access available. I can assure you the entire country does not have this access available to them. All in all, we are an extremely long way away from having a digital only model.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I believe in the Sony's attention to build its next platform..This also could be well timed news to curve some of the negative publicity from Sony's bread 'n butter..

What I would like to see happen from the major 3 even though its never going to is to make the current systems a little more affordable since the clear indication of new systems upcoming release ...

What's the chances of that happening.? I'm not much of a gamer anymore but that's not to say I wouldn't like to at least have a console a few games here and there to kick it around on..I have a hard time spending that kinda of money anymore for gamage.I would be more likely to chew off my big toe ...

Atm I got Dragon Age 1 on PC but I just can't get around to playing it .... So I load up my sad overplayed AOE 3
                              Last edited by LarryDean; 05-27-2011, 03:53 AM.
                              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

God knows how expensive this one will be. Hopefully they'll continue to produce PS3 games throughout my four years at college. 2012 - 2016. Because there's no way I'll be buying a whole new console until I make some money.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Working...
                                X