Playstation 4 confirmed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
    Well, I guess that depends on how hardcore gamers make their decisions. Presumably, they will appreciate things like price, performance, and good games.

Which console was this?

I don't know if it will be those games, or what. Seems like a console could do that. Most of the best games are available on both PS3 and XBox. If the developer support and hardware were there, it would be on all three.

We'll know more after E3 in June. That's what most of the chirping is relating to.
    I say that because I don't think hardcore gamers are looking to play games like Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon. They'll be interested in the hot things right now. CoD, GTA, Battlefield, Madden, 2K, Mass Effect, those types of games.

The console I was referring to was no other than the GameCube. I think it was a good console, but Nintendo launched it with no Mario rehashes, no gimmicks, and the PS2 and Xbox basically destroyed it. The GC was a hardcore gamers dream, it had games that made it worth buying like RE:4. Nintendo didn't trying updating their classic IPs until it was too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
      I don't think they're using the Wii brand name again, but I'm not sure.

Maybe it will look primitive compared to those (sounds a little strong), but my point was they lucked out and the cycle is in their favor. They're saying 2012 for the new Nintendo. It will beat the PS4 to market for sure.
      I only call it Wii 2 because I don't know the official name. Same with the 720, I doubt they'll be called that, but it's just a nickname for now.

Maybe primitive was a little strong, but I don't think it'll look nearly as good as the PS4 and 720 will.

The Wii 2 was confirmed to be released in 2012 no doubt, and it goes back to what I was saying to jcdavey. If Nintendo gets too big of a lead with tons of support, Sony would want to release it earlier than 2014. The learned that mistake by letting Microsoft gain a 2 year lead on them with the PS3. With that said, it's zero chance that they'll release the PS4 in 2012, I'd say 2013 holiday season would be the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
        The console I was referring to was no other than the GameCube. I think it was a good console, but Nintendo launched it with no Mario rehashes, no gimmicks, and the PS2 and Xbox basically destroyed it. The GC was a hardcore gamers dream, it had games that made it worth buying like RE:4. Nintendo didn't trying updating their classic IPs until it was too late.

Really? That console seemed like such a joke, such a belated, weak and out of touch effort. I'm surprised it was perceived as an effort to go after hardcore gamers.

Comment

I say that because I don't think hardcore gamers are looking to play games like Zelda, Mario, and Pokemonw. They'll be interested in the hot things right no
          Well, yeah, if they just do Zelda, Mario, etc., I don't think it can be said that they "went after hardcore gamers." The whole idea was that they do something to go after them.

I don't think they'll change anybody's mind out there. But there's a constant flow of new gamers from the ranks of the young, and if they had a console that could do all that, and the games were available on it with a good developer community for it, the sky's the limit.

I just think they made the Wii too weak and slow. They're lucky. The price point helped them (so that's part of the decision, and I give them credit). And now they can build on their revived brand. (I considered Nintendo consoles dead after Gamecube).

Comment

It seems impossible for things to really change, but that's only because we're trapped in time. There was a time when I didn't think XBox could assume the position it has with PS3. I was predisposed to think of Sony as being in the drivers seat. And it was hard to picture Microsoft becoming the "cool" system.

But they offered a system that gave people what they wanted, and people had no problem adopting it. It takes 2 or 3 years, but it happens.

If XBox 360 could have featured blu-ray, it could have gotten bloody.

Comment

Here's an article stating that Sony will be using a new SUPER fast cell processor for the PS4. It also said that they'll be using it for Bravias and Sony notebooks. http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Industry/F5C6F8A6?page=1

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                How many games have even utilized the 1080p resolution?
                Dante's Inferno is the only one I know of
                sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                Sig by: MHS

Comment

Here's an article stating that Sony will be using a new SUPER fast cell processor for the PS4. It also said that they'll be using it for Bravias and Sony notebooks. http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Industry/F5C6F8A6?page=1
                  Oh goodness. They need to worry more about the ease of use of these things and not just ramping up the max processing power. Nobody can figure out how the hell to take full advantage of the current cell processor, so if they're using a newer one, it'd better be more developer friendly as well.

Comment

To anyone still worrying about the PS4 price-tag, Sony has apparently stated that it will be less than the $600 launch price of the PS3. As I said earlier in the thread, Sony learned their lesson with this one, I believe $450 would be a great launching price.

Comment

Ok well... seeing as the U is getting all kinds of third party support like crazy, Arkham City, Tekken, Ghost Recon, BF, Assassin's Creed, all on the U.

I'll call it and guarantee it right now, mark my words, Sony will be releasing the PS4 in 2013 holiday season, just watch.

Comment

Judging by a quote from Sony's Jack Tretton, it leads me to believe that the PS4 won't be here for a while.

“PlayStation 3 is really just hitting its stride,” he claimed. “And technologically, I don’t think it’s possible to provide any advancement beyond what we have. What we’ve seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. We invested heavily in that, we rolled a very heavy rock up a steep hill, through the launch period. But now I think that all pays off, and we’ve got a long run way behind it. So, I wouldn’t look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time.”
                        I think the comment about not being able to advance past the PS3 is a load of crap.. If you guys can't get more advanced than 2006 technology then we have a huge problem.

Comment

I'm still on the PS2
                          sigpic

Comment

Judging by a quote from Sony's Jack Tretton, it leads me to believe that the PS4 won't be here for a while.

I think the comment about not being able to advance past the PS3 is a load of crap.. If you guys can't get more advanced than 2006 technology then we have a huge problem.
                            Its good, they should wait because I really dont want to fork out a lot of money for a new system for at least 3 years.

Comment

Whenever PS4 is launched out it truly will be a amazing system no doubt.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IGN View Post
                                Report: PS4 in 2012 With Built-In Motion Control
                                Rumour emerges from Taiwan.
                                UK, July 4, 2011

As reported by Digitimes, a Taiwanese manufacturer has claimed that a PlayStation 4 is on track for release in 2012, and that it will feature "body movement-based control like Kinect".

The source indicated that manufacturing duties will fall to Foxconn and Pegatron Technology, the company that made the PS3, with a minimum of 20 million units planned to ship in 2012.

The report comes after weeks of speculation that the next Xbox will also be released next year, after being unveiled at E3 2012.

We're not remotely convinced by this, partly because it flies right in the face of Sony's much-publicised ten-year strategy for the PlayStation 3, and partly because Sony execs like Jack Tretton have been so very vocal about how un-bothered they are by Kinect and Wii U. A 2012 PS3 successor would be more than a little premature.

It wouldn't be the first time that Sony contradicted itself, though, would it?
                                http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1180451p1.html

This whole motion control thing that these companies are obsessed with is so dumb, and I can't wait for this fad to die off. I hate gimmicks. Although, I don't believe this rumor anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X