PC and Xbox 360 deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC and Xbox 360 deal!

I saw this the other day and seeing how I'm getting a laptop as a graduation present, it looks like I can sweeten the deal. Anyways decided I would post this!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20110520/tc_zd/264707

You have the mini-fridge, the flat screen, a DVD player, and maybe a tablet. What else does your dorm room need? How about a free Xbox 360 when you buy a Windows 7 PC?

Starting May 22, students who spend more than $699 on a Windows 7 PC will get a Xbox 360 4GB console. You can buy any kind of PC, though Microsoft recommended the Dell Inspiron 14r or the Samsung Series 9.
    You'll need a .edu email address to buy online; if you want to purchsae in person, bring a student ID. Microsoft said the deal will run until September 3 or until supplies last.

"While a Windows 7 PC is perfect for staying connected to your social networks, surfing the web, gaming and streaming videos, music and more, when you add the power of Xbox 360, you've got a world of entertainment at your fingertips," Microsoft said in a blog post.

Hopefully those new Xbox 360s won't encounter the same problem that some game console owners encountered recently. Microsoft said Thursday that it is replacing an undisclosed number of older Xbox 360 consoles because of a disc issue tied to the console's ability to block counterfeit games.

The problem is certainly not as dire as the hack that took down rival Sony's PlayStation Network for weeks, though Microsoft experienced its own, minor issue with its Xbox Live service on Friday night. User of Windows Phone 7 could not access Xbox Live services and token-based Xbox Live services were unavailable.
    Only catch is the deal isn't for everyone...just students which is fine by me :thumb:

And the hard drive is only 4GB...but I can take care of that through EBAY.
    sigpic
    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Just saw the commercial, going to text my sister.

They were talking about this in the other thread, but good to have a bit more detail.
    Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

Not a big deal to me. I have a 360and play it once every three months. Since I left the dorms my 360 has become a DVD player.
      sigpic

Comment

I havent had much time or want to game lately...that will change with the new battlefield/cod and Skyrim I'm sure.

But i would go for this deal if it wasn't for the windows computer..I will never use a windows computer when I have the decision on what to buy

tooo many viruses

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
          I havent had much time or want to game lately...that will change with the new battlefield/cod and Skyrim I'm sure.

But i would go for this deal if it wasn't for the windows computer..I will never use a windows computer when I have the decision on what to buy

tooo many viruses
          That's more the users fault for going to virus filled websites without adequate protection.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
            That's more the users fault for going to virus filled websites without adequate protection.
            I'd rather just not have to worry about it ya know?

And I know..it hasn't been me getting the viruses on our like 3 computers.(My sister downloading music, my mom inept with technology my dad opening spam emails etc etc)...

Virus "protection" software like Antivir or AVG hasn't helped much either. Plus Mac's are just cooler.

Comment

I'd rather just not have to worry about it ya know?

And I know..it hasn't been me getting the viruses on our like 3 computers.(My sister downloading music, my mom inept with technology my dad opening spam emails etc etc)...

Virus "protection" software like Antivir or AVG hasn't helped much either. Plus Mac's are just cooler.
              Macs are simpler, not cooler. Nothing is cool about paying 200 bucks more for a brand name.
              Denver Broncos GM
              Originally posted by Mosk
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                Macs are simpler, not cooler. Nothing is cool about paying 200 bucks more for a brand name.
                I have used Mac's in my computer applications classes for the last 3 years

their awesome.

Comment

I have used Mac's in my computer applications classes for the last 3 years

their awesome.
                  I have had a Mac since my PC died. (about 6 months)

I miss the PC so much.
                  Denver Broncos GM
                  Originally posted by Mosk
                  Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Well it's not like macs will never have viruses. As they keep gaining popularity they eventually will, the reason they never get infected isn't because it's impossible for them to get a virus, it's just that practically nobody will take the time to make a virus for macs.

Also just can't stand how overpriced they are. They look really, really slick, but some of the Mac desktops that run for like 1500+ I could build myself for half that price, and don't even get me started on the cost of their laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      Well it's not like macs will never have viruses. As they keep gaining popularity they eventually will, the reason they never get infected isn't because it's impossible for them to get a virus, it's just that practically nobody will take the time to make a virus for macs.

Also just can't stand how overpriced they are. They look really, really slick, but some of the Mac desktops that run for like 1500+ I could build myself for half that price, and don't even get me started on the cost of their laptops.
                      In fact, it's been shown that Macs are more vulnerable to viruses than Windows machines.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post

your'e so right especialy their price also people tend to think they dont freez and are untouchable i had a mac before and i kept getting the fruity ring of death.

Now i am using my pc the exact same way and it has no probleme
                        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                          your'e so right especialy their price also people tend to think they dont freez and are untouchable i had a mac before and i kept getting the fruity ring of death.

Now i am using my pc the exact same way and it has no probleme
                          The one problem I had with PC's was Windows Vista. It was 100% garbage for self built computers, other than that, I've never had a problem with Windows.

Comment

I like Windows more simply because you can run programs on them without encountering tons of BS. Not to mention Macs are a joke when it comes to running games.
                            Last edited by Amari24; 05-29-2011, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X