NBA 2k11:My Player mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA 2k11:My Player mode

I just picked up the game, got it now because I played it for the first time a week ago and thought it was fun. Don't normally buy basketball games, there always boring to me.

But this one has this my player mode that I find fun, and you would think on someones first shot, that they would fail horridly, but no.

My player got drafted in the 1st round(29th overall) by the Magic. Of course I had to rub it in my cousins face, because he was talking about how only 1 person he knows got drafted to NBA and not get sent to or start the season in D-league.

So after 5 games with the Magic, whom was 1-4, I decided to ask for a trade, because I was not getting the ball and the 2 PG's on the team, seem like they was set. So asked to either be traded 1. Pistons, 2. Nuggets, 3.Heat.

Not a Heat fan, but I was like, "wouldn't it be weird if they actually traded for me. So for 3 more games, no trade, then I get a message that I've been traded to the Heat. Not only that, but after 1 game with the Heat, they gave me the starting spot. So we're number 1 in basketball(17-3), and my guy is scoring 24 points a game.

Does anybody have any My player stories, they wanna share?
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

They did it in 2k 10 too and it was bad
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
      They did it in 2k 10 too and it was bad
      I didn't play 10, this is the first time I've bought a NBA game, since NBA live 06.

So I really can't say if the past versions of it was bad or not. But I find this one fun.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I usually go in the top 15. But my very first player was a PG and he went in the 2nd round to Washington. John Wall and him were a pretty good tandem towards the end of the season. We ripped off like 20 wins in a row and carried it into the playoffs and won the championship with my guy getting 40/10 a game. The first 40 games or so were painful though, John Wall couldn't hit anything and all my guy could do was penetrate. Wall was never really consistent so after the season I left, and I regretted leaving because to start the season off they got Carl Landry and Rashard Lewis came back from his injury. But they struggled to win 20 games without me

Comment

2k11 is an AMAZING game, but I thought the My Player mode sucked. Which disappointed me because those are my favorite kind of modes to play
          sigpic

Comment

My player in 2K10 and 2K11 aren't that good. 2K11 is better than 2K10, but not by much. I just hate how the system works, specifically the All Star voting.

My guy was a PG for the Heat averaging 30 ppg, 10 ast, and 4 rebs, and I got snubbed by Rondo and Rose. Neither of their stats were even half as good as mine. Rondo was only averaging 11 ppg, and 14 ast. I forget Rose's. But it was complete BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
              My player in 2K10 and 2K11 aren't that good. 2K11 is better than 2K10, but not by much. I just hate how the system works, specifically the All Star voting.

My guy was a PG for the Heat averaging 30 ppg, 10 ast, and 4 rebs, and I got snubbed by Rondo and Rose. Neither of their stats were even half as good as mine. Rondo was only averaging 11 ppg, and 14 ast. I forget Rose's. But it was complete BS.
              Odd my guy is going through the same thing on the same team. It's my rookie year, he averages 30ppg, 7 ast, 4 reds, 4 steals, and yet he is not even in the voting for the all-star game.(not it's only December and the Heat is 23-5)

Heck John Wall, whom I owned in the combine, and during the since, who is only avg 17 ppg 10 ast and yet is in the voting.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Did you guys miss any games? I'm pretty sure if you miss a certain number of games they don't consider you

Comment

No, my guy never missed a game all year. I also found that the MVP voting is a huge popularity contest, kinda like the real NBA. You win MVP based on overall, and not really on your stats. My rookie year I was putting up better numbers than Lebron, but his overall was higher, and he ended up winning it.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Did you guys miss any games? I'm pretty sure if you miss a certain number of games they don't consider you
                    I missed 7 do too a injury, but I doubt that 7 is the max number. I mean I can't really say I'm not in, until it comes around, but in the current voting I'm nowhere in it.

Hell the number 1 in the voting at guard is currently injured.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                      No, my guy never missed a game all year. I also found that the MVP voting is a huge popularity contest, kinda like the real NBA. You win MVP based on overall, and not really on your stats. My rookie year I was putting up better numbers than Lebron, but his overall was higher, and he ended up winning it.
                      Hmmm that's weird on the All Star thing. I disagree on the MVP voting though, my 75 overall PF won it averaging 40 ppg, 15 rpb, and 5 apg and only 3 topg

Comment

Hmmm that's weird on the All Star thing. I disagree on the MVP voting though, my 75 overall PF won it averaging 40 ppg, 15 rpb, and 5 apg and only 3 topg
                        Well MVP voting has not opened up yet, so thats still in the air.

We have only played 31 games(record 26-5).

I just beat the Mav's(reg season) 94-70, my guy scored 37 points 3ast, 2 bl, 1 st, while shooting 67% FG. This is the 3rd straight 30+ point game, yet still not even on the list for all star.

Maybe I gotta pull a Kobe and score 81 points.lol
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I just beat the Mav's(reg season) 94-70, my guy scored 37 points 3ast, 2 bl, 1 st, while shooting 67% FG. This is the 3rd straight 30+ point game, yet still not even on the list for all star.

Well I do know assists and other stats are pretty important. I don't think they factor FG% into anything. I'm pretty sure turnovers play a huge part in keeping you off of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

If you're a PG you need to rack up the assists to be an All-Star.

Comment

Well I do know assists and other stats are pretty important. I don't think they factor FG% into anything. I'm pretty sure turnovers play a huge part in keeping you off of stuff.
                              Well I avg 2 turnovers is that too much?

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              If you're a PG you need to rack up the assists to be an All-Star.
                              Yeah I'm a PG, I do rack them up, but not allot since most of the time, D-Wade likes to keep the ball to himself, and when I sub for him at SG, my sub for PG(Mike Bibby) never gives the ball to any of the plays, so most of the time I can only get 6-7 ast a game, because when I get the ball either it's a wide open shot(you have to take it, you lose team grade if you don't) or when Bosh or James gives it to me.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X