Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoD Elite

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CoD Elite

    I read about a subscription plan that'll be required to play CoD. Anyone else hear about this? Activision basically took their $1billion from Black Ops and said "screw you".

  • #2
    Here's an article. I was wrong, apparently Elite players get benefits for an extra fee.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...lite_bring.php

    Enclosing, good luck with that. No chance in hell would I pay $60 for the game, $60 for a yearly subscription, and an additional fee, on top of $20 map packs. You'd think this was an MMO, but no, it's a FPS. No FPS should have monthly fees, period.
    Last edited by Amari24; 05-31-2011, 02:19 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      Here's an article. I was wrong, apparently Elite players get benefits for an extra fee.
      http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...lite_bring.php

      Enclosing, good luck with that. No chance in hell would I pay $60 for the game, $60 for a yearly subscription, and an additional fee, on top of $20 map packs. You'd think this was an MMO, but no, it's a FPS. No FPS should have monthly fees, period.
      Its still free to play its basicaly bungie.net but not free classic activition
      sigpic

      Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

      Comment


      • #4
        Lame.


        Not going to pay a monthly fee for a FPS.

        No way in hell.
        sigpic

        Hooray, beer!

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow. No words.

          I actually didn't care (as long as it's not mandatory, let the tryhards pay more money so they can drool over their stats) until I read that CoD:Elite would entail improved matchmaking. That had better mean "more search restrictions" and not literally "improved" matchmaking because whatever ships with the game should be the best possible code.
          sigpic
          - ★ -
          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

          Comment


          • #6
            Almost pisses me off as much as that BS games are pulling now where you have to have a pass to play online so you can't buy the games used anymore...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sSync View Post
              Wow. No words.

              I actually didn't care (as long as it's not mandatory, let the tryhards pay more money so they can drool over their stats) until I read that CoD:Elite would entail improved matchmaking. That had better mean "more search restrictions" and not literally "improved" matchmaking because whatever ships with the game should be the best possible code.
              I agree.

              But the worst thing is, in which piss you off. Call of Duty(though I hate it) is the largest game(sells) ever, but yet they feel that they should get more money.

              People are gonna do it, so they wont go "Oh, everyone hates this, lets make it free". No people, allot of people are gonna pay for it, and notice that the matchmaking is actually not different, just a lie to make you think that CoD was fixing it's matchmaking.

              Like it was said before, this is nothing but Bunige.net for a fee.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah dude. It's just sad to see a huge company like Activision using their position to squeeze as much money out of the community as possible instead of funnelling features back in to make the game better for the people who play it. Dedicated servers should've come before a subscription service of any kind.

                sigpic
                - ★ -
                2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sSync View Post
                  Yeah dude. It's just sad to see a huge company like Activision using their position to squeeze as much money out of the community as possible instead of funnelling features back in to make the game better for the people who play it. Dedicated servers should've come before a subscription service of any kind.

                  If the fee was for dedicated servers I might consider it, but "fixed" matchmaking? Shouldn't it be fixed anyway?
                  sigpic

                  Hooray, beer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    If the fee was for dedicated servers I might consider it, but "fixed" matchmaking? Shouldn't it be fixed anyway?
                    Exactly, and if you have to pay for a fixed matchmaking, I wonder what they would do, if they added dedicated servers. They might charge you $20 bucks for it.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      If the fee was for dedicated servers I might consider it, but "fixed" matchmaking? Shouldn't it be fixed anyway?
                      Seriously. they make you pay for p2p networking...ridiculous

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I find this funny, this is what my cousin said when I asked him about it.

                        "It's nothing like Bungie.net"

                        "It's a good idea"

                        "It takes all the little kids out of it"

                        "It stops camping"

                        "It's the same thing as paying $60, for a game for the same console"

                        See I find what he said funny, even funnier is him calling out camping when thats all he does.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          if it's on the ps3, and there's a small monthly fee, there's no reason for me not to try this out for a month or two as long as i can just buy a psn card and pay for it like that, if the damn psn store is even working by the time this game comes out lol
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Apparently making $1billion off a rehash just isn't enough for a company like Activision. I'm so glad I've never bought a CoD game in my life, I'd hate to have my money in the hands of a company like that. I was so close to getting MW2 when it came out, good thing I got Assassin's Creed 2 instead.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              Apparently making $1billion off a rehash just isn't enough for a company like Activision. I'm so glad I've never bought a CoD game in my life, I'd hate to have my money in the hands of a company like that. I was so close to getting MW2 when it came out, good thing I got Assassin's Creed 2 instead.
                              Lol, I agree, and regret ever buying CoD 4 and MW2, never bought coD 3, waw, or black ops.

                              The only cod game that I bought and loved was CoD2.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X