PSN games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSN games

Since the PSN store is back online I am finally getting around to checking out some of the PSN DLC games available.

Prior to the Sony hack I had only picked up a couple of the DL games on PSN.

After checking out several PSN titles here are the ones that I found to be worth the money.

1. Fat Princess

This game is amazing. It is super addictive, a hell of a lot of fun to play, and the DLC for the game is amazing. I can play this game for hours and hours and never get bored. I would say this game is one of the few reasons to own a PS3. Yes, it is THAT good.

2. Under Siege

A PSN exclusive that just came out. It runs $10.00 until the 14th of June and for that price it is a steal. For a Download game it has amazingly detailed graphics, solid game mechanics, tons of customization and depth, a great online presence, endless replay value, and most importantly it is very challenging. If that's not enough it has a state of the art level designing/editing feature that lets you build the game the way you want to play it, and allows you to share your levels online. You can safely assume you never have to play the same game twice if you choose not to.

3. Red Johnson's Chronicles

Much akin to games like L.A. Noire and Heavy Rain this is a murder crime solving detective romp. It plays a bit more casually than the other games mentioned, but what it lacks in realistic depth it more than makes up for in well placed puzzle solving, and wit. Each case in the game has several detailed aspects that will require you to dig deep to find clues, and think your way through each case. You are graded on your ability to solve problems on your feet and on your first attempt. Action sequences play out like Heavy Rain, so if you are a fan of that game (Which anyone with a pulse should be) then you will fall naturally into the combat system of this game. I'm finding the game to be sometimes difficult, but ultimately rewarding.

4. Dead Nation

If you did not bother to pick this game up as one of your "Welcome Back" freebees it's still worth the money you put into it. It's a pretty straight forward run and gun style game. The big object is to survive hordes of zombies and escape the city alive. You have lots of customizable, and upgradeable weapons, and armor to exploit as well as environmental effects that you can use to get through an area unscathed. (Such as setting off a distant car alarm to attract zombies away from you.) The game features fantastic local, and online co-op, and keeps track of players accomplishments around the world. If you like fast paced action games with high levels of customizable options this game might be exactly what your looking for.

I will list some more later, but for now that's a good start.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Sony people are geniuses... they give us $10 in games and in return we get hooked on PSN games

but yeah they have some cool stuff. I need to figure out how to hook my ps3 up with ethernet so it can dl faster.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
      Sony people are geniuses... they give us $10 in games and in return we get hooked on PSN games

but yeah they have some cool stuff. I need to figure out how to hook my ps3 up with ethernet so it can dl faster.
      I bought a 500 foot ethernet cable at a garage sale for 5 bucks a few years ago.... still haven't found a use for it

(I'm saying this because I'm assuming your PS3 is too far away from an ethernet port to connect)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        I bought a 500 foot ethernet cable at a garage sale for 5 bucks a few years ago.... still haven't found a use for it

(I'm saying this because I'm assuming your PS3 is too far away from an ethernet port to connect)
        lol, I have powerline connectors but for some reason my ps3 doesn't want to get an IP when connected via ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
          lol, I have powerline connectors but for some reason my ps3 doesn't want to get an IP when connected via ethernet
          That sounds frustrating... I hate it when super weird crap like that happens with the internet.

Comment

Just played some joe danger and its pretty good...

I give it 10 thumbs up

Comment

Under Siege sounds interesting... I might pick that up along with Fat Princess.

Comment

Speaking of Fat Princess...

I was trying to recall the sale price they had over summer of last year and found that Best Buy and Amazon sell the download codes for games.

Best Buy has Fat Princess for $8! If you have a game share group, that is $1.60 per person!
                Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
                Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
                Kyle: Yeah.
                Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
                Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
                Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
                Cartman: Yeah.

Comment

Working...
                X