What should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I get?

I decided I am going to get a new game for the summer, I don't play many, so I will probably only get 1 or 2 for the entire summer.

What I am thinking about getting:
    -Fallout: New Vegas
    -Uncharted

I'd like to get InFamous 2, but I won't spend $60 on it.

I play MLB: The Show the majority of the time I am on, and others like NBA, Madden and NHL.

So my question which of those should I get first? And does anyone have suggestions on others, I may not be thinking of?

Games I like, so you can base your suggestions off of these:

-COD(s)
    -InFamous
    -Fallout 3
    -Red Dead Redemption (I don't like GTA however)
    -Then all the sports games

I have Assasins Creed 1 and 2, and it isn't bad, however, I get bored quick, so I'm still on the first game, and won't be beating that or 2 anytime soon I don't think.

Thanks!
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Fallout New Vegas!!

But I haven't played uncharted so my opinion might be slightly biased...
    sigpic
    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
      Fallout New Vegas!!

But I haven't played uncharted so my opinion might be slightly biased...
      Haha, no problem. I got Fallout 3 shortly after New Vegas was released, and then everyone was complaining about bugs and what not with New Vegas?

Have most of those been fixed do you know?

sigpic

Comment

I have yet to get a bug on my New Vegas save and I bought it new, and then my friend played my copy forever and never got a bug.

When I say never got a bug I mean game killing ones, not weird little graphical issues or anything like that.

I'd definitely go with New Vegas, you get sooooo many hours out of that game it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          I have yet to get a bug on my New Vegas save and I bought it new, and then my friend played my copy forever and never got a bug.

When I say never got a bug I mean game killing ones, not weird little graphical issues or anything like that.

I'd definitely go with New Vegas, you get sooooo many hours out of that game it's ridiculous.
          Cool. I was looking at Target today and it was $40, so I was like cool, down from $60, might consider it.

Then, looked online at gamestop, and it is $20 new.

So I will probably get that, though, after watching E3's preview of Uncharted 3, I really wanna try Uncharted.

sigpic

Comment

I played uncharted 1 for a while, it was a really fun game. Lots to do. But honestly infamous 2 would be my first choice.
            Denver Broncos GM
            Originally posted by Mosk
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
              I played uncharted 1 for a while, it was a really fun game. Lots to do. But honestly infamous 2 would be my first choice.
              Me too. But honestly, I don't feel like dropping $60 right now. There are very few games I'll pay the full $60 for -- Sports games and Call of Duties come to mind.

sigpic

Comment

I'd get Uncharted. Stay away from New Vegas, at least if you get it on PS3. It was a pretty good game, but I don't even play that much anymore. It got too boring after about 30 hours of gameplay, and the bugs really KILLED the fun factor for me. Having to reboot my PS3 every hour just to continue playing, I hated that I spent $60 on it.

I'd get Uncharted and while your at it, pre-order Uncharted 3 :thumb:.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                  Me too. But honestly, I don't feel like dropping $60 right now. There are very few games I'll pay the full $60 for -- Sports games and Call of Duties come to mind.
                  That's definitely understandable, sometimes I cringe when I spend $60 as well, but I'd certainly get InFAMOUS 2 after a price drop or if you can find it for cheap. I haven't gotten my hands on it, but from what I hear, it's far better than the first game, ignore Gamespot's review on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    That's definitely understandable, sometimes I cringe when I spend $60 as well, but I'd certainly get InFAMOUS 2 after a price drop or if you can find it for cheap. I haven't gotten my hands on it, but from what I hear, it's far better than the first game, ignore Gamespot's review on it.
                    Yeah. I am for sure getting it, I'll wait until it drops to $40, or something first though.

Definitely getting it though, regardless, I usually don't read gamespot reviews or anything. Just go by what friends and people on here say lol.

But yeah, like I said, there are very few games I will go drop $60 on. Infamous 2 is close, but, not right now haha

sigpic

Comment

I could never get into New Vegas honestly. The only times I played it (maybe 5-10 hours total?) it felt extremely repetitive. The graphics aren't anything to brag about either.

Still, obviously a lot of people like it... It's just not my cup of tea.

Uncharted is more my kind of game.

Comment

Your telling me! I just got rockband 3, I almost spent 70 bucks on the new guitar hero for just the guitar. Thank goodness for vintage stock, I ended up getting drums, guitar, and a mic for 65.
                        Denver Broncos GM
                        Originally posted by Mosk
                        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

You can't go wrong with Fallout: NV and Uncharted.

Both games are absolutely amazing and will last you all summer (especially Fallout: NV).
                          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

Haha, no problem. I got Fallout 3 shortly after New Vegas was released, and then everyone was complaining about bugs and what not with New Vegas?

Have most of those been fixed do you know?
                            Yea most of it has been fixed, but theres still that random bug that aggravates you once in a while.

For instance, i discovered a new quest the other day that i missed from my 1st playthrough...yet half way through I discovered I couldn't finish it because a necessary dialog option had randomly gone missing

And I suggest to download it to your harddrive to help with freezing and speed of play.....even with that some saves either take for ever to load or just don't....

But besides a few things the game imo is awesome :thumb:....just got the latest DLC and planning on playing it later!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              you are the only person I've heard say that. Infamous 1 was a masterpiece, 2 is getting a lot of 70-80/100's.

I can't play the fallout games on console, though they are some of my favs on PC.

Uncharted is probably way cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X