Your 2011 Concert Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 2011 Concert Guide

I started one of these in 2010 and thought it was really cool to hear some people's stories and who they'd gone to see, not just last year, but in years gone past, and thought I'd start up a new one for people to share new experiences!

This year SO FAR, I've been to see Reel Big Fish (for the fifth time, lol, always amazing) and My Chemical Romance. Both were great, I took my sister to the latter and was only a mild fan but I've been totally turned onto them now, really surprised how much I enjoyed it.

This Friday I'll be departing to Download Festival, with boasts such acts as System of a Down, Def Leppard, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Rob Zombie amongst others.

For those interested, there's the lineup. I'm personally most excited for Avenged Sevenfold and Pendulum, but a festival is just an excuse to get in tents with your friends, and drink listening to good music. Cannot wait.

I've ALSO got Foo Fighters playing their biggest shows in Milton Keynes to look forward to. Supported by Scottish sensations Biffy Clyro and some 90s nostalgia in Jimmy Eat World.

And I'll be revisiting Leeds again this season for their annual festival, with bands such as The Strokes, Muse, Jane's Addiction, Interpol, The Offspring amongst others taking part.

Pic up for anyone else intersted.

Other than that, very little on the horizon! I think I'll be seeing Tinie Tempah live for the heck of it, and Rise Against if they tour.

So go ahead! Any comments on my plans? Should I make a point of seeing/avoiding specific bands? And how about you? Have you got any plans this year you're dying to share?! I'm sure I'll end up as jealous as I did reading last years thread. Curse you all who got to see Pearl Jam

im going to try realllllly hard to go home to chicago for lolapalooza, its line-up is pretty sick

eminem, foo fighters, flogging molly, cold war kids, ratatat, tons of others
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

This summer I got
      Fleet Foxes
      My Morning Jacket
      Soundgarden
      The Flaming Lips
      U2- saw them at Invesco
      Foo Fighters (will be announced Monday)
      Annd the creme de la creme......Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley!!

I know there will be others I will get to, but those are the definites for now.

Comment

I'll probably be seeing Flogging Molly at Leeds I reckon SBbound, looking forward to it, but I'd much rather see Dropkick Murphys Wish they were playin!

And Soundgarden, U2, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam, that is one hell of an impressive resume for a year Brono51

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post

I've ALSO got Foo Fighters playing their biggest shows in Milton Keynes to look forward to. Supported by Scottish sensations Biffy Clyro and some 90s nostalgia in Jimmy Eat World.
          GODDAMMIT DO YOU KNOW HOW PO'D ME AND MY FRIENDS WERE WE MISSED THOSE TICKETS! Foo Fighters / Biffy Clyro / Jimmy Eat World all 45 mins down the M1 from me and I'm not going to see it. FML

To be honest I never get tickets for anything because I don't follow when stuff is announced. The line ups for Download and Leeds look sick. Damn. I should really make more of an effort to get to these things. You've got some of my favourite bands atm playing there - Black Stone Cherry, Alter Bridge, Rise Against, 30 Seconds to Mars, the Strokes... I could keep going.

Curse you.
          sigpic
          - ★ -
          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Incubus August 17 at Red Rocks

saw SOAD at Fiddlers Green with Gogol Bordello

and Deftones at the Ogden

Comment

Andy! I never asked you what you thought of Hatebreed, if you managed to see them!

This year I've only got one big concert I'm even considering... and that's Mayhem Fest like usual... List of Bands Here...

Still might go to another show next Tuesday, but that depends on what time my buddy gets back from Texas...
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

already saw rammstein may 7th in montreal at the bell centre

they rocked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibOwlFGXy8
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                  Andy! I never asked you what you thought of Hatebreed, if you managed to see them!

This year I've only got one big concert I'm even considering... and that's Mayhem Fest like usual... List of Bands Here...

Still might go to another show next Tuesday, but that depends on what time my buddy gets back from Texas...
                  I was on my way to see them at Leeds as I was making a point of it, I just caught In The Ashes They Shall Reap (a song of which I know from the clubs I go to in Glasgow that play it on metal nights Usually a fantastic singalong!)

They sounded great from what I saw, I was way back and didn't manage to get close or in the pits but no-one had a bad word to say about them.

Just got back from Download today. Absolutely insane, System of a Down were frantic as heck, being in that crowd was madness, but I moshed to Chop Suey and Prison Song, which is what I went for!

Linkin Park's stage show was excellent, was shocked how much I enjoyed them, coming straight out with Papercut was beastly!

Saw alot of great bands, Bowling for Soup was A LOT of fun, Skindred as well. Had a fantastic weekend!

And jealous of Rammstein, so jealous

Foo Fighters tickets sold out like crazy, I was on my own and had three computers on the go and on the ticketline as well, you should be able to get tickets closer to the time EASILY, just try gumtree and ebay, people will suddenly have work and such. Good luck if you decide to, it looks set to be an amazing day!

Comment

Got my tix for Foo Fighters this morning. Very stoked to see these guys. Their new record is awesome.

Comment

Im going to see the Arctic Monkeys in November which I am very excited for and then Reading festival too at the end of August.

Plus a few smaller festivals local to me you guys probably wont of heard of. Going to be a good summer of music though.
                      When your having a hard day, when nothing seems to be going your way, when you don't see the point in carrying on, just think ....... At least im not a Chargers fan.

Comment

Foo Fighters at Pepsi (6th row!)- pumped for that one
                        My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks
                        Ben Folds at the Ogden
                        Soundgarden at Red Rocks
                        Incubus at Red Rocks (maybe)
                        The Avett Brothers at Red Rocks
                        Kings of Leon (maybe)
                        Blitzen Trapper at the Bluebird

and Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit at the end of October- which I fly out for every year

and I'm considering - for just a great time
                        Journey/Night Ranger/Foreigner
                        Chicago
                        Def Leppard/Heart

tried to get tix for PJ20 at Alpine Valley...but just had a baby and don't think the woman would appreciate going all the way to Wisconsin for a weekend. Hell, I had to tell her I have softball just to see some of these shows
                        Last edited by emac87; 06-22-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Had a friend who scored us some tix for A Perfect Circle. Very excited for this one. Will be a beautiful night at Red Rocks

Comment

Just got Rise Against tickets for when they come to London in November.
                            sigpic
                            - ★ -
                            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by emac87 View Post
                              Foo Fighters at Pepsi (6th row!)- pumped for that one
                              6th Row? Is it all seated? If so that would absolutely kill it for me

Comment

Working...
                              X