Ps3 slow boot issue/HD issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps3 slow boot issue/HD issue

I don't know what caused it but i have a ps3 slim and the HD is having issues reading anything, it takes like 1-2 minutes to fully boot up and be ready to do anything on now, it normally takes like 15-20 seconds on the Slim. I have been YouTubing but can't really seem to lock down an answer - I am sure I will have to backup my saves and format it (Which sucks) but has anyone had this issue before?

Thanx in advance

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    I don't know what caused it but i have a ps3 slim and the HD is having issues reading anything, it takes like 1-2 minutes to fully boot up and be ready to do anything on now, it normally takes like 15-20 seconds on the Slim. I have been YouTubing but can't really seem to lock down an answer - I am sure I will have to backup my saves and format it (Which sucks) but has anyone had this issue before?

Thanx in advance
    Never heard of it before. By "HD" do you mean the hard drive or maybe the tv?

Is it a black screen with no sound until it turns on or does it show a ps3 logo for 1-2 minutes before it shows the xmb?

I'd say try swapping the harddrive for another one just to test to see if its the hdd. Also, try updating the firmware again. (reupdating it, i guess).

you may need to put the firmware on a usb drive in order to do this. Also, you may need to go to recovery console to update. (to go to recovery, you HOLD the power button to turn it on... and keep holding.. and then it will turn off.. then you HOLD the power button to turn it on again, keep holding... keep holding... then you will hear 2 beeps.. thats when you let go... it should go to the recovery console).

Comment

You might have to format your HDD, it could be faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
        Never heard of it before. By "HD" do you mean the hard drive or maybe the tv?

Is it a black screen with no sound until it turns on or does it show a ps3 logo for 1-2 minutes before it shows the xmb?

I'd say try swapping the harddrive for another one just to test to see if its the hdd. Also, try updating the firmware again. (reupdating it, i guess).

you may need to put the firmware on a usb drive in order to do this. Also, you may need to go to recovery console to update. (to go to recovery, you HOLD the power button to turn it on... and keep holding.. and then it will turn off.. then you HOLD the power button to turn it on again, keep holding... keep holding... then you will hear 2 beeps.. thats when you let go... it should go to the recovery console).
        By HD I meant hard drive, sorry. And when I turn it on it just has the flowy.colorful psx screen before the xmb shows up, when it does show up, if you are on, for instance, games - it takes like another minute for the info/icons to load..it's definitely some kind of disk drive/reading error, I am going to go through and backup all my save data and all that and then format it I guess. I dunno what else to do

Comment

BD, this is in response to your sig qoute about "real men".....

Are your posts "good"?????????

Lol CP to ya (can't sign them on my droid for some reason).
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            BD, this is in response to your sig qoute about "real men".....

Are your posts "good"?????????

Lol CP to ya (can't sign them on my droid for some reason).
            HAHA thank you, I would say my posts are "Sufficient" not very good on some days lol

Comment

By HD I meant hard drive, sorry. And when I turn it on it just has the flowy.colorful psx screen before the xmb shows up, when it does show up, if you are on, for instance, games - it takes like another minute for the info/icons to load..it's definitely some kind of disk drive/reading error, I am going to go through and backup all my save data and all that and then format it I guess. I dunno what else to do
              Yeah that is really weird. I'd say the best thing would be to go into recovery and restore ps3 system.

Comment

I have all my pics, music, game saves, etc saved and backed up, I just don't want to format it but i might have to...I posted here on the Sony forums, look how helpful they were...

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3430543

Comment

I have all my pics, music, game saves, etc saved and backed up, I just don't want to format it but i might have to...I posted here on the Sony forums, look how helpful they were...

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3430543

The sony forums suck... Without even looking I'd gamble that the first few responses were to call sony or send it to sony... lol...

*looks*

oh... even worse than i thought... lol.

Yeah they aren't too helpful. Try Afterdawn.com

Before you try formatting, try reinstalling the firmware! It could be a firmware issue.

Comment

How do I re-install the current firmware? I have sat on this because I have 2 PS3's (Balling j/k) (One's old, one's new) but I have not done anything cause I was waiting on a good reply..

Comment

Go to the system settings option, and you should see somewhere on the very top or so, that says 'update system'. Click on that, and it should ask whether you want to update via internet, or using a flash drive. If you want to use a flash drive, you have to download the firmware from the official Sony website, and put it on your Flash drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        Go to the system settings option, and you should see somewhere on the very top or so, that says 'update system'. Click on that, and it should ask whether you want to update via internet, or using a flash drive. If you want to use a flash drive, you have to download the firmware from the official Sony website, and put it on your Flash drive.
                        I can do that, I have never downloaded the firmware via sony site, do you have a link for it? I'll CP whoever does, and do you recommend me doing the LATEST firmware or the one that worked for me last?

Comment

http://us.playstation.com/support/sy.../ps3/index.htm

That's the latest firmware, and yeah I recommend using it since.. it's, you know, the LATEST firmware.

On your flash drive...

1.Make a folder called PS3
                          2.Make another folder inside PS3 called UPDATE
                          3.Put the 3.65 update file in the UPDATE folder
                          4.Stick the flash drive in one of your USB ports on the PS3.
                          5.Go on your PS3, and click on system update, and choose update via flash drive or w/e.

Comment

I only recommended that in the second post

Comment

LOL - Sorry guys! I tried to CP both of you and it told me I need to spread, I will get you tho! I'll be messing with this damn thing on Sunday so thanx for the info

Comment

Working...
                              X