• Show
Clear All

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Thanx, I'll look into it that right now

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    To replace the HD you need a philips screwdriver. Turn your system upside down, and you should see a little flap that you can pull up. There should be a blue screw, use the screwdriver and take the HDD out. It's very easy.

As for a replacement drive, I'm not sure, you can probably do a google search and look at specific HDD for the PS3 Slim. If I recall, you're able to use 2.5in laptop HDD's, so you have options.

I heard there was a 500GB drive that you could get for it. I may do that in the future.
    Last edited by Amari24; 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Has anyone ever replaced the HD on their system before? Is it hard and what rpm hard drive can I buy? I have a 320gb in there currently

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    lol, thats cool i don't require cp's for my services. It makes me feel icky.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    LOL - Sorry guys! I tried to CP both of you and it told me I need to spread, I will get you tho! I'll be messing with this damn thing on Sunday so thanx for the info

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    I only recommended that in the second post

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    http://us.playstation.com/support/sy.../ps3/index.htm

That's the latest firmware, and yeah I recommend using it since.. it's, you know, the LATEST firmware.

On your flash drive...

1.Make a folder called PS3
    2.Make another folder inside PS3 called UPDATE
    3.Put the 3.65 update file in the UPDATE folder
    4.Stick the flash drive in one of your USB ports on the PS3.
    5.Go on your PS3, and click on system update, and choose update via flash drive or w/e.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    Go to the system settings option, and you should see somewhere on the very top or so, that says 'update system'. Click on that, and it should ask whether you want to update via internet, or using a flash drive. If you want to use a flash drive, you have to download the firmware from the official Sony website, and put it on your Flash drive.
    I can do that, I have never downloaded the firmware via sony site, do you have a link for it? I'll CP whoever does, and do you recommend me doing the LATEST firmware or the one that worked for me last?

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Go to the system settings option, and you should see somewhere on the very top or so, that says 'update system'. Click on that, and it should ask whether you want to update via internet, or using a flash drive. If you want to use a flash drive, you have to download the firmware from the official Sony website, and put it on your Flash drive.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    How do I re-install the current firmware? I have sat on this because I have 2 PS3's (Balling j/k) (One's old, one's new) but I have not done anything cause I was waiting on a good reply..

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    I have all my pics, music, game saves, etc saved and backed up, I just don't want to format it but i might have to...I posted here on the Sony forums, look how helpful they were...

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3430543

The sony forums suck... Without even looking I'd gamble that the first few responses were to call sony or send it to sony... lol...

*looks*

oh... even worse than i thought... lol.

Yeah they aren't too helpful. Try Afterdawn.com

Before you try formatting, try reinstalling the firmware! It could be a firmware issue.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    I have all my pics, music, game saves, etc saved and backed up, I just don't want to format it but i might have to...I posted here on the Sony forums, look how helpful they were...

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3430543

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    By HD I meant hard drive, sorry. And when I turn it on it just has the flowy.colorful psx screen before the xmb shows up, when it does show up, if you are on, for instance, games - it takes like another minute for the info/icons to load..it's definitely some kind of disk drive/reading error, I am going to go through and backup all my save data and all that and then format it I guess. I dunno what else to do
    Yeah that is really weird. I'd say the best thing would be to go into recovery and restore ps3 system.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    BD, this is in response to your sig qoute about "real men".....

Are your posts "good"?????????

Lol CP to ya (can't sign them on my droid for some reason).
    HAHA thank you, I would say my posts are "Sufficient" not very good on some days lol

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    BD, this is in response to your sig qoute about "real men".....

Are your posts "good"?????????

Lol CP to ya (can't sign them on my droid for some reason).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X