Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii U

I made this thread to put out all the current news on the Wii U. Currently, there has been no official release date, however it will launch sometime in 2012. There are a few games that are confirmed for the system already..

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Batman Arkham City
    Battlefield 3
    Darksiders 2
    EA sports games

As of right now, we don't know how good it will look in comparison to the PS3 an 360. However, one of the developers of Darksiders 2, stated that the Wii U version will most likely be the best because "it's more powerful", and because they'll be able to utilize the controller. So according to that, we can assume that it will be around the PS3 and 360 in terms of graphics, probably a little more.

Also wanted to know if anyone is interested in getting one of these. It seems to be off to a good start with the number of games its getting, however, I believe in another 2 years, this system will become obsolete. Sony and Microsoft's new systems will no doubt use superior parts and processors, so I'm just gonna wait and pick up a PS4 or 720. We haven't seen the official specs of the Wii U, but its been reported that it will NOT use Blu Ray. Instead, it'll use 25GB optical disk, which is around the capacity of a single-layer Blu Ray disc.

I'll post more news as we get it, so far, Nintendo isn't revealing much, but we'll see.

Looks terrible IMO

Comment

Agreed Rollo looks awful

Comment

I still don't know how that controller will work out for a FPS. It looks too wide, trying to maneuver your hands from using the analog to the triggers to the buttons looks to be too much of a hassle. This is why I wish Nintendo would stop it with these gimmicks...

Comment

I will not buy another nintendo product after the waste of over 180 hard earned bucks on the wii. I probably played that around 20 hours total for 3 years before I sold it.
          Denver Broncos GM
          Originally posted by Mosk
          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            Also wanted to know if anyone is interested in getting one of these.
            Absolutely. I usually make it a point to own all the systems. Only one I've skipped is the 360 because I decided the PS3 overlapped too much in capability. I chose the PS3 for Blu-ray, and never felt the need for 360 (but I had the previous Xbox).

I'm not a big fan of FPS. For the last 10 years, I've had small children, and I can't play for hours nor can I have too much violence on the screen because they're always running around.

I can't believe somebody wouldn't enjoy the Wii. We had days of fun from Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid Prime Corruption, and more recently Epic Mickey and Donkey Kong Country Returns. And the whole family has enjoyed stuff for the Wii Fit. I like games that pull in beginners and offer something new.

Comment

I think the name is.the dumbest since...well the wii.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                Absolutely. I usually make it a point to own all the systems. Only one I've skipped is the 360 because I decided the PS3 overlapped too much in capability. I chose the PS3 for Blu-ray, and never felt the need for 360 (but I had the previous Xbox).

I'm not a big fan of FPS. For the last 10 years, I've had small children, and I can't play for hours nor can I have too much violence on the screen because they're always running around.

I can't believe somebody wouldn't enjoy the Wii. We had days of fun from Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid Prime Corruption, and more recently Epic Mickey and Donkey Kong Country Returns. And the whole family has enjoyed stuff for the Wii Fit. I like games that pull in beginners and offer something new.
                I'm not crazy about FPS either, but looking at that controller, I can't imagine playing BF3 or MW3 using that thing. I'll probably get this eventually, but not before I pick up a PS4 and 720.

I didn't like the Wii simply because I don't like motion controls. All I need to play my games is a simple controller, I don't need or want to move my arms around everywhere just to do a jump that I should be able to do with a tap of a button.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  I think the name is.the dumbest since...well the wii.
                  Usually names for consoles are cool, but the Wii and Wii U, doesn't sound memorable at all....

I miss names like the Saturn, Genesis, CollecoVision, TurboGrafx, Jaguar, those were all cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    I didn't like the Wii simply because I don't like motion controls. All I need to play my games is a simple controller, I don't need or want to move my arms around everywhere just to do a jump that I should be able to do with a tap of a button.
                    Most of the heavy action games played that way, with only motion enhancements. All the ones I listed above used the nunchuk configuration, thumbstick for key movements, and occasional motion sensor for enhanced fighting. (Targeting by pointing, and swordplay in Zelda).

Motion control is a game design issue. Motion control has an obvious place in video games now, as evidenced by the popularity of iPhone games. It's just a matter of using the motion control as a supplemental and intuitive way to control things. Small motions at key times.

Comment

The Wii has some good games, but it's not a console that will appeal to gamers like me. If you're a big Nintendo fan you'll have fun with it, or if you have kids/are really young you generally will also. I'm glad I never bought one. Some of my friends did and after the motion control fad wore off it was just a console with a few solid titles that collected dust.

Comment

I have had fun with the wii but I play my 360 more. Interested to hear more about the new console I agree with you all about the controller im skeptical but I think it could be cool.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm just gonna make this clear, I think the Wee (and the We You) are a lot of fun if you like them for what they are. If you're just looking for something with a few cool gimmicks to play in a relatively casual manner it's pretty much perfect. However, I don't have the expendable income to spend on a demi-console... Which is, IMO, what Nintendo have been in the business of producing ever since the N64. And that's fine for the casual gamer in a modern family household; clearly the democratic the Wii series of consoles has aimed for, and with great success. I won't be buying one though.
                          sigpic
                          - ★ -
                          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                            I'm just gonna make this clear, I think the Wee (and the We You) are a lot of fun if you like them for what they are. If you're just looking for something with a few cool gimmicks to play in a relatively casual manner it's pretty much perfect. However, I don't have the expendable income to spend on a demi-console... Which is, IMO, what Nintendo have been in the business of producing ever since the N64. And that's fine for the casual gamer in a modern family household; clearly the democratic the Wii series of consoles has aimed for, and with great success. I won't be buying one though.
                            Sadly, that excuse doesn't work for the U. Nintendo said themselves that it will appeal to hardcore gamers as much as it will casuals. It's put up or shut up, although, the gimmicky controller sure doesn't help their case...

Comment

Wow. Then honestly, the We You is just a complete marketing catastrophe waiting to happen. They're going to see Sony and Microsoft make headway into the "casual/family/gimmick" market that they had cornered in previous years, and their new console isn't going to be able to compete with the 720 or PS4 to attract the more hardcore audience. GG no RE, Nintendo.
                              sigpic
                              - ★ -
                              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Working...
                              X