Prey 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prey 2

I heard of this game a few months ago via GameInformer, and have been it following it since. It looks absolutely incredible. I haven't played Prey 1, but I might pick up it eventually.

It looks like a combination between Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge. And if you're familar with the Deus Ex series, it looks similar to that as well.

Here's a gameplay video of it as well as some background information of the story.

The story of Prey 2 focuses on U.S. Marshall Killian Samuels, who starts the game on a passenger flight which suddenly crashes onto the Sphere (the crash is shown in the original Prey). After a short battle with some aliens, he is knocked uncounscious after which the plot jumps forward several years. Samuels is now a bounty hunter on the alien world Exodus. Though he is aware of his profession and has retained his skills, he has no memory of what happened in the time that passed since his abduction. He initially believes himself to be the only human on Exodus until he runs into Domasi "Tommy" Tawodi, whom he has apparently met in the period he no longer remembers. Killian then resumes his bounty hunter activities while recovering his memory.
    It's definitely a game I plan on getting, I highly recommend this is one you watch out for in the future. The bad news is that it doesn't come out until 2012, however, it adds to a good lineup of games for that year already.

-Halo 4
    -Mass Effect 3
    -Prey 2

All 2012 releases.

The first one I thought was a pile of crap on wheels, so this one has to be very, very different for me to give it the nod. The simple fact that I didn't like the first so much leaves me a little tentative to get excited about this one, regardless of how cool it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
      The first one I thought was a pile of crap on wheels, so this one has to be very, very different for me to give it the nod. The simple fact that I didn't like the first so much leaves me a little tentative to get excited about this one, regardless of how cool it sounds.
      Same here, I got Prey when it first came out, never even finish the game because it was so much crap.

Very very bad game, I've never played a game that bad nor wasted money like that.

If I for some reason get Prey 2, it would be after playing a demo of it, and it costing $15-20 bucks.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I just looked at gameplay of Prey 1, it did look bad, it looked like an early 2000 PC game. This one looks far better imo, more open, Prey 1 was all corridors. Hopefully we get a demo.
        Last edited by Amari24; 06-12-2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

This and deus ex look really good i cant wait to try them
          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Wow, people are slamming the original pretty hard. When Prey first came out ('06?) people thought the graphics were great and it got decent reviews. I think IGN gave it a 9/10. I liked it, although the multiplayer was non-existent. Two game modes and unplayable due to lag. But the story was fun and I felt it was pretty original, which is truly rare. I'll definitely give Prey 2 a look and consider it closer to release if it seems legit.
            sigpic
            - ★ -
            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
              Wow, people are slamming the original pretty hard. When Prey first came out ('06?) people thought the graphics were great and it got decent reviews. I think IGN gave it a 9/10. I liked it, although the multiplayer was non-existent. Two game modes and unplayable due to lag. But the story was fun and I felt it was pretty original, which is truly rare. I'll definitely give Prey 2 a look and consider it closer to release if it seems legit.
              I know some people liked it, it just wasn't my cup of tea. It was way too easy, and I thought overall it felt sloppily put together. None of it seemed to stand out to me other than the whole walking on ceilings deal and the respawn system which I thought was pretty sweet. Overall the best I could describe it as is barely average, and I'm not the kind of person that can force myself to play through a game like that.

Comment

I'll still give it a try, but for a game from 2006, it doesn't look like it aged all that well. I've played games from the early 2000s that look just as good. I'll probably try a level or two. Prey 2 looks like a better game in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  I know some people liked it, it just wasn't my cup of tea. It was way too easy, and I thought overall it felt sloppily put together. None of it seemed to stand out to me other than the whole walking on ceilings deal and the respawn system which I thought was pretty sweet. Overall the best I could describe it as is barely average, and I'm not the kind of person that can force myself to play through a game like that.
                  Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  I'll still give it a try, but for a game from 2006, it doesn't look like it aged all that well. I've played games from the early 2000s that look just as good. I'll probably try a level or two. Prey 2 looks like a better game in every way.
                  TBH I can't remember it that well, 2006 was a long time ago. I don't remember thinking the graphics were awful at the time but then again I'm not sure what I would've been comparing it to. To each his own regarding the story and such, maybe it's the kinda game where if I played it again now I'd wonder how the heck I ever sat through it.

sigpic
                  - ★ -
                  2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Working...
                  X