Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crytek: Next Box to be shown at E3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crytek: Next Box to be shown at E3

    Well none of it is a secret, we already know, and knew that both Sony and Microsoft was coming out with new consoles, and that the both will be revealed at E3 next year.

    Well according to crytek at least the next box will be there.

    Microsoft's successor to the Xbox 360 will be revealed at E3 2012 and developer Crytek is making a next-generation Timesplitters 4, according to sources speaking to Videogamer.com.

    A "high-ranking industry source at Crytek" told the website that while specifications for the next console have not been finalized, Crytek is using Microsoft's DirectX 11 for next-gen development. The source says Microsoft will announce the new Xbox in the next year, likely at E3 2012.

    "Crytek believes that Microsoft will announce and launch its new machine ahead of rival Sony, though the developer is also investing resources into next-generation PlayStation development."

    Meanwhile, the source also claims TimeSplitters 4 is currently in development using CryEngine 3 and is already being demoed internally. The game was also apparently shown off in private last week at E3 2011.

    "As for the game itself, the new TimeSplitters is reported to focus on the series' branching paths and exploratory nature, with sandbox-style gameplay elements a big priority. The current goal is for levels to feature multiple routes that lead to the same overall conclusion."

    Microsoft and Crytek both declined to comment on this report.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1176197p1.html
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

  • #2
    Really? Timesplitters 4? Odd choice....

    Glad to hear the next Xbox will be using DX11 though, I'm a little tired of seeing DX9... I'm also assuming (hoping) that it'll be built in a way to be able to support DX12+ as we move into the future.

    Can't wait to see it though...

    Comment


    • #3
      Aww, the Wii U is going to be obsolete only a year after its début.








      Sorry, couldn't resist!
      sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
        Even if it's not true, that's when I predicted that Sony and Microsoft would release new consoles. Not to mention if Nintendo actually does release a Wii 2, that still changes everything, as Sony and Microsoft wouldn't want them to have too big of a head start.

        I can see them both announcing them at E3 2012, and releasing them in Q1 2014. Sounds about right to me, 2014 would be a good date, as long as they continue to give us games for the PS3 and 360, I'm all for it.
        I'm scary good

        Only thing is I think 2013 will be the date they'll be out. The U changed everything, so I believe 2013 we'll see the PS4 and 720. I guarantee that as well.
        Last edited by Amari24; 06-14-2011, 03:26 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not sure if they'd release Q1 2014 and pass up the opportunity to push it out the door for the holiday season, especially if the economy is in an uptick by that point though.

          But yes, good call on the 2012 E3

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sSync View Post
            Aww, the Wii U is going to be obsolete only a year after its début.








            Sorry, couldn't resist!
            lol I've been saying this since the thing was announced. Nintendo just doesn't get it at all....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              I'm not sure if they'd release Q1 2014 and pass up the opportunity to push it out the door for the holiday season, especially if the economy is in an uptick by that point though.

              But yes, good call on the 2012 E3
              Yeah I quickly changed that. Either Q1 2013, or holiday 2012. I hope this means Crysis 3 is in development on the 720 as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                Yeah I quickly changed that. Either Q1 2013, or holiday 2012. I hope this means Crysis 3 is in development on the 720 as well.
                Holiday 2012 would be awesome, and I'd just feel bad for the WiiU at that point. The one thing they might have going for them is that they could release way ahead of everybody else, but if the 360/PS3 came out within a few months it'd likely be game over.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  Yeah I quickly changed that. Either Q1 2013, or holiday 2012. I hope this means Crysis 3 is in development on the 720 as well.
                  I think holiday 2012 would be a bit to much.

                  It would make there 2012 xbox update pointless, and releasing halo on 360 in the same year the next box comes out would be pointless. When the smarter thing, if they was to release the box in 2012, would be to have Halo 4 as a launch day game.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    I think holiday 2012 would be a bit to much.

                    It would make there 2012 xbox update pointless, and releasing halo on 360 in the same year the next box comes out would be pointless. When the smarter thing, if they was to release the box in 2012, would be to have Halo 4 as a launch day game.
                    Not really. Look at the PS2 when Sony released the PS3. They still supported the PS2 for a good 3 years after the PS3 was released. It's not like Microsoft will completely drop the 360 after the 720 comes out. Same with Sony, they already said they'll still support the PS3 after the PS4 comes out.

                    And who knows, Halo 4 could be cross-generational. They could put it out on the 360 first, and then a year or so later, release it for the 720. Or just release the next halo games after Halo 4 on the 720.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                      Not really. Look at the PS2 when Sony released the PS3. They still supported the PS2 for a good 3 years after the PS3 was released. It's not like Microsoft will completely drop the 360 after the 720 comes out. Same with Sony, they already said they'll still support the PS3 after the PS4 comes out.

                      And who knows, Halo 4 could be cross-generational. They could put it out on the 360 first, and then a year or so later, release it for the 720. Or just release the next halo games after Halo 4 on the 720.
                      We're talking about the same company that right after the release of the 360, stopped production of the original xbox, and stopped making games for the xbox, not a few years after, but after a matter of months.

                      The Nextbox wont be released until the holiday of 2013, and the next Halo game after 4, will probably be the spring of 2013.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        We're talking about the same company that right after the release of the 360, stopped production of the original xbox, and stopped making games for the xbox, not a few years after, but after a matter of months.

                        The Nextbox wont be released until the holiday of 2013, and the next Halo game after 4, will probably be the spring of 2013.
                        Well that's completely different. The original Xbox was nowhere NEAR the success the 360 is for Microsoft. It also didn't have as much support as the 360 does. The PS2 was basically dominating in every regard.

                        And it wasn't that short of a timespan MS stopped supporting the original Xbox. The 360 came out towards the end of '05. I still remember NCAA '08 being on the Xbox, and that came out in Summer of '07 I believe. There could be games released later than that, but that's one I'm absolutely sure of.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X