Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    That scene was awesome, sure the way it got there might have been weak, but seeing Arya embrace the stark name and even Jaqen giving an approving nod was awesome !
    Ah yes, the little nod of approval as Needle is pressed to his chest!

She looks pretty fed up! I suspect we won't see her again until she suddenly comes out of the woodwork in a surprise scene in Westeros!

I just think he knows that wierd stuff are going on North. And also i think every red priest know about the walker and the long night, because Azor Hai is the chosen one to beat them, so it would make sense for thoros the red priest to know about the threat. Doesn't their night is dark and full of terror come from that knowledge ?
    True, great point.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
      Ah yes, the little nod of approval as Needle is pressed to his chest!

She looks pretty fed up! I suspect we won't see her again until she suddenly comes out of the woodwork in a surprise scene in Westeros!

True, great point.
      It almost seems like Jaquen meant for this to happen all along (I'm still clinging to Syrio=Jaquen).

On the note of the Valonqar, how awesome would it be if the little brother was Mr. Sandor Clegane, leading to the Clegane bowl and ending with the death of evil psycho woman?

Comment

Could be Cinny.
        Jaqen has always shown a fond admiration for Arya's courage and tenacity. And could be anyone's little brother.

Good points cb and LM !

So who will be Azor Ahai ?
        Mel thought it was Stannis.
        Now she thinks Jon.
        The Red Lady in Meereen has the highest praise for Dany.
        Three Headed Dragon ?
        Born of Blood ?
        Jon, Dany; Targs. 3rd head ? Any ideas ?
        Another reason I feel the House of The Undying gave us many clues to the future path.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
          On the note of the Valonqar, how awesome would it be if the little brother was Mr. Sandor Clegane, leading to the Clegane bowl and ending with the death of evil psycho woman?
          I wouldn't mind that but I can't think of a motive for the Hound wanting Cersei dead, or even one for returning to King's Landing after he went AWOL and has a price on his head. At this point the Hound seems to be joining the BwoB in the Riverlands and possibly heading north with them. If Cersei leaves at all, I'm pretty sure it will be to Casterly Rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
            So who will be Azor Ahai ?
            Mel thought it was Stannis.
            Now she thinks Jon.
            She fixated on Jon right away and so did the Night King so that's my bet as well!

This season's finale is going to be something else! This is what I think we may see:

1.Tower of Joy reveal of Jon's real parents as Bran reaches Castle Black or The Nightfort.
            2. The Night King brings The Wall down because "Bran the Branded" passes it and negates its enchantment. Remember this?

3. Cersei blows up King's Landing roasting poor Tommen alive and how many others? Uncle Kevan, Mace Tyrell, the High Sparrow, cousin Lancel, etc. but hopefully not Margaery!

4. Battle of Mereen - Dany meets Yara. Liberation of Slaver's Bay. Tyrion might be banished for what he did! Dany looked royally pissed!

And though Tyrions reasons for a) freeing her other two Dragons (and where are they now?), and b) brokering a peace accord with the Slavers were good, she's not the most reasonable and understanding character either -look what happened to Jorah! She doesn't listen when she's mad- like some of my exgf's!

5. Varys secret mission to gain allies for Dany in Westeros means either Sunspear and/or Highgarden? Probably Dorne because they need ships. Ugh, the Sand Snakes.

6. Walder Frey wedding??? Arya returns???

Not sure if we see any more of Sam & Gilly this season but the finale is 69 min long so they could give all their storylines some time. Am I missing anything?

Comment

Good job LM !

Disappointed with the Sam and Gilly plot but more so with the way they portrayed Dorne and the Sand Snakes.
              Oh well.

If Cersie's plan "backfires" and Tommen winds up toast, Margaery will be Queen of Westoros !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• It's fun to log in daily and catch up with the speculation and hypothesising in this thread.
                This series is passing by too quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                  It's fun to log in daily and catch up with the speculation and hypothesising in this thread.
                  This series is passing by too quickly.
                  How else is a week going to pass ? You have no idea how often i refresh this page and the GOT sub reddit
                  sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                    How else is a week going to pass ? You have no idea how often i refresh this page and the GOT sub reddit
                    :thumb:

Comment

• I just ran across this snippet while searching for something else. This is an excerpt from an interview with Jonathan Pryce (The High Sparrow/Septon) which was discussed at Winter is Coming a month ago regarding Cersei's impending Trial:

Spoilerish!!! Don't highlight if you don't wish to know!

"Everyone is waiting impatiently for Cersei’s trial in the Sept. Literally everybody is going to be there. My protagonist has let his guard down – he is absolutely certain that Cersei will show up (at his request). When the messengers inform him that she hasn’t left her home he still believes that she is going to show up at the trial because in his opinion she should be there.

"Meanwhile, behind his back — and in his closest environment — there is some scheming going on and everybody is plotting against everybody. The tension is gradually building as the huge Sept is filling up with people — High Sparrow is still happy with the turn of events and he is convinced that everything is going according to the plan. He does not suspect that something unpleasant is about to happen…"

Um yeeeah! I think we can guess what that is now! It really would be amazing if the finale involved both a Wildfire explosion and the White Walkers breaching or destroying the Wall! Fire & Ice just as these very elements were evenly juxtaposed in Bran's recent visions!

At the time this was published, everyone thought it pertained to the "I choose violence" moment from the trailers and no one knew when the trial would be this season.

Comment

• Unofficial, fan-made Game of Thrones: Ep. 9 Extended Trailer "Battle of the Bastards"

New photos from Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9 “Battle of The Bastards”

Sophie Turner ‏@SophieT Jun 14

Guys not going to lie.... Saw episode 9. It's UNbelievable.

Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype !!!!!
                        Last edited by L.M.; 06-15-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• From the previews and images, it looks like things do not bode well for Mr.Snow. Imagine the shock if Jon kicked the bucket again.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                            Unofficial, fan-made Game of Thrones: Ep. 9 Extended Trailer "Battle of the Bastards"

New photos from Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9 “Battle of The Bastards”

Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype !!!!!
                            Yeh i saw that trailer yesterday it's AMAZING :thumb:

But man oh man that picture of Jon solo vs the charging cavalry ? I bet after agreeing to a 1vs1 with Jon Ramsay weasels out and sends the cav vs a Jon alone in the middle of the field and that is when Wun Wun charges (from the picture)
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              From the previews and images, it looks like things do not bode well for Mr.Snow. Imagine the shock if Jon kicked the bucket again.
                              That's not going to happen, but things do look rather bleak. We've seen our heroes charging headlong into volleys of arrows, shieldwalls with spears or pikes arrayed against them, Jon on foot engaging mounted cavalry...(((sigh)))

They lack the numbers and a disciplined, cohesive army, lack proper armor or weapons, so shouldn't they being playing this a little smarter and setting traps or ambushes on the field in some way and making Ramsay come to them? Seems the good guys here may lack a tactician like William "Braveheart" Wallace!

I guess we'll find out for sure in a few days!

But the Stark force is horribly outnumbered so there's really not much hope of victory by their own means which are:

2000 wildlings + 1 giant
                              200 Hornwoods
                              143 Mazins
                              62 Mormonts (x10 per Lyanna Mormont )
                              1 Red Priestess/Sorceress (Does Mel have anything left to offer?)

I'm hoping the Manderlys and Reeds show up in the 11th hour just before or mid-battle (there was a rumored casting call for Lord Manderly I believe) but even their addition of maybe 1-2k more men won't match Ramsay's 5000 --plus whatever the Karstarks and Umbers are adding -maybe 7-8K men on the other side total?

Jon's insistence on openly marching against those odds is fairly insane.

I hate the idea that Littlefinger and the Rohirrim must save them -ugh! And I suppose there's an outside chance the BwoB can teleport into this fray too...
                              Last edited by L.M.; 06-15-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Joanna Robinson of Vanity Fair shared this spoiler-containing image on Twitter:

Confirmation that-despite what HBO is selling you-it’s not JUST Battle of the Bastards this week. Via @vigilist pic.twitter.com/JjZlTxpIVp

— R+L=Joanna Robinson (@jowrotethis) June 16, 2016

The issue of TV & Satellite Week magazine reads: (in white)

As Jon Snow and Ramsay Bolton do battle in the North, elsewhere in the Seven Kingdoms it’s the female characters who look the most likely to rule Westeros as season six comes to a close.

This week’s episode sees Yara Greyjoy and her brother Theon finally make it to Meereen where the Ironborn warrior finds an admirer in Daenerys.
                                “That’s the beauty of the show,” says Emilia Clarke, who plays Daenerys. “As women, we accept our femininity and take strength from it.”

Comment

Working...
                                X