Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    While I enjoyed the episode overall, especially the dragons attacking the fleet, there are a couple of things which bothered me.

I had hoped that the Stark/wildling army would have conducted their battle more intelligently and incurred losses on the Boltons with a few surprises. It looked as though they may have had a somewhat intelligent battleplan in place initially, but Jon ruined it. I understand that he was upset about Rickon and sometimes people are irrational when they are upset, but what he did by charging ahead by himself was just plain stupid and suicidal! Add to that he seems to be another Superstark like Arya -how many volleys of arrows missed him? Without the save by the Vale knights, the Stark forces would have been utterly annihilated and slaughtered by this stupid mistake, with complete victory to Ramsay, the "superior battle commander" and that irks me! Sure Jon got to pound on Ramsay, and Sansa fed him to his own hounds (fitting), but the victory feels a little tainted. I wish Jon and his forces had been written/portrayed differently, still overwhelmed by superior numbers -fine, but smarter and stronger in their own right, not rendered as helpless, encircled meat for the butchers. I would have also felt a little bit better about the save if the dang Manderlys and maybe the eastern Flints had contributed to this so as to add some more support from Northern houses to the Stark cause and diminish Littlefinger's credit a tad.

Hopefully once the Starks consolidate their power in the North once again, they will muster together better forces that don't need to be friggin' "saved".
    Ultimately it doesn't matter because the long night is coming and we all know what's coming with it. Sure, they'll be more man vs man battles, but the dead are coming! Someone needs to send a Raven lol and man better band together & hopefully get some help from 3 dragons or it's gonna get ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      Ultimately it doesn't matter because the long night is coming and we all know what's coming with it. Sure, they'll be more man vs man battles, but the dead are coming! Someone needs to send a Raven lol and man better band together & hopefully get some help from 3 dragons or it's gonna get ugly.
      True enough!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• It's hard to believe the season finale is already upon us! Where the heck does the time go!?

Comment

• Because the series is coming to a close I do feel the scenes are short. It feels rushed. Like the Greyjoys just being inside the temple all of a sudden. I just wish they would've gave the series more episodes to wind it down just so they could tell the story a little better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
            Because the series is coming to a close I do feel the scenes are short. It feels rushed. Like the Greyjoys just being inside the temple all of a sudden. I just wish they would've gave the series more episodes to wind it down just so they could tell the story a little better.
            That was another thing I wished had happened -why couldn't the Ironborn smash into the back of the Slaver fleet which also prevents them from scattering and escaping? That would then give them an edge in negotiating an alliance instead of leaving that to lesbian flirting! lol

Comment

That was another thing I wished had happened -why couldn't the Ironborn smash into the back of the Slaver fleet which also prevents them from scattering and escaping? That would then give them an edge in negotiating an alliance instead of leaving that to lesbian flirting! lol
              Exactly... My wife was like is she flirting with her, and I was like nah lol.....

Comment

• And just imagine, Ellaria Sand the new queen of Dorne, may get in on this. Things are about to get weeeird!

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                  That was another thing I wished had happened -why couldn't the Ironborn smash into the back of the Slaver fleet which also prevents them from scattering and escaping.
                  Did they all escape ? I believe Dany asked Tyrion if they had enough ships. I think I recall Tyrion factor in the Slaver's ships. I'll have to go back and watch that part again.

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

And just imagine, Ellaria Sand the new queen of Dorne, may get in on this. Things are about to get weeeird!
                  And The Queen of Thorns will want in on the action !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                    Did they all escape ? I believe Dany asked Tyrion if they had enough ships. I think I recall Tyrion factor in the Slaver's ships. I'll have to go back and watch that part again.
                    Yes they caught part of the Slaver's fleet, the part that wasn't incinerated anyway!

Ironborn ships amount to 100 (I had previously read somewhere that they had escaped with only 40 so I'm not sure where that number came from) and Tyrion said that they do now have the former Masters' fleet but no number was given, just that the total ships now is "possibly" enough, "barely". If so then the former master's fleet is around 800 ships!?

Comment

Yes they caught part of the Slaver's fleet, the part that wasn't incinerated anyway!

Ironborn ships amount to 100 (I had previously read somewhere that they had escaped with only 40 so I'm not sure where that number came from) and Tyrion said that they do now have the former Masters' fleet but no number was given, just that the total ships now is "possibly" enough, "barely". If so then the former master's fleet is around 800 ships!?
                      So Daenerys will be the face that launches 900 ships?
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Helen is no Dany Stormborn lol.
                        Varys may return with the Dorne and the Redwyne fleets.
                        (Hope Olenna and Varys don't go to the trial)

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Helen is no Dany Stormborn lol.
                          Varys may return with the Dorne and the Redwyne fleets.
                          (Hope Olenna and Varys don't go to the trial)
                          No worries about that. Olenna left the capital for her own safety at Margaery's behest after the High Sparrow made an implied threat about her. Varys left King's Landing the night Tywin was murdered so he's not exactly welcome back and may actually be under suspicion for that murder or as an accessory to it.

Comment

• Finally watched the episode and HOLLY CRAP IT WAS AMAZING !!!!!!

-Danny ridding drogon and burning the ship. Grey worm killing the masters, Yara and Danny !

-The battle....AMAZING cinematography, music was great, i was having shivers he whole time.

-Jon caught between 2 cavalry charges was sick, him climbing the body wall.

-Stark banners back in Winterfell FINALLY

-Riders of the vale saving the day was a little bit predictbale but it was well done. Sansa and LF looking over as they smashed threw the shield wall was awesome. I wonder what LF will ask in return However i was dissapointed that the Manderly's did not show up or Howland Reed.

-That is pretty much my only complaint, the lack of manderlys and the Northern conspiracy. What i dont understand is that they had a casting call for a northern lord that delivers a speech. Maybe they have him deliver it next week to the glovers and other houses that did not join Jon to unite the North vs the others

Next week looks just as solid and maybe my theory of a reverse red wedding will be accomplished by Jaime ? Maybe he will be the one to end the Freys. Maybe arya shows up ?

Davos confronting mel about shireen, wonder what Jon will do about it.

And hopefully we finally get the Tower of Joy reveal.
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Also the lack of ghost ! Where the hell is Ghost ?!

I guess as long as he is safe i wont complain to much
                              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                                Also the lack of ghost ! Where the hell is Ghost ?!

I guess as long as he is safe i wont complain to much
                                According to the actor who plays Davos, he was kept out for safety. Wolves are better in much smaller confrontations, otherwise they can be ganged up on or picked off by archers.

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                                Finally watched the episode and HOLLY CRAP IT WAS AMAZING !!!!!!

-Danny ridding drogon and burning the ship.
                                ^ Pretty much my favorite part more so than the BoB in the North which had lots of things that didn't make sense or sit well with me. In addition to what I already wrote, why didn't Wun Wun have a club, like an uprooted tree? He could have smashed open the shieldwall with that! Why did Ramsay shoot Wun Wun who was already on his knees and teetering instead of Jon who was wide open and still shieldless?

Comment

Working...
                                X