Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible finale. Just a great, great season

The R+L=J confirmation was a long time coming, but really exciting nonetheless. Arya the assassin was a nice twist, and the North is amazing.

Everything is certainly coming together nicely for a Tyrion + Khaleesi + Jon dragon ride to defeat the White Walkers...
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      She let her own arrogance get in the way at times, but she's been playing people like a fiddle since the series started. The proof is in the film man. Don't get me wrong cause I'm no Cersie fan, but she is one step ahead of most.
      “Playing people like a fiddle” implies that she’s done things well. She has not. The murder of her husband brought a psychopath to power, resulting in the murder of Ned Stark, triggering the war with the Starks. Her father and all of her children are dead as a result of her actions. Her godawful selection of administrators resulted in the near bankruptcy of the kingdom, resulting in the rise of the HS. Death and destruction are all around her. That’s hardly playing the game well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
        “Playing people like a fiddle” implies that she’s done things well. She has not. The murder of her husband brought a psychopath to power, resulting in the murder of Ned Stark, triggering the war with the Starks. Her father and all of her children are dead as a result of her actions. Her godawful selection of administrators resulted in the near bankruptcy of the kingdom, resulting in the rise of the HS. Death and destruction are all around her. That’s hardly playing the game well.
        You're are looking at like she didn't want Robert dead. As if she cared about Ned. As if she really cared about how bad of a person Joffery was. She is in power now, and that's all that matters to her as I see it. As of this point, she is winning the game. No two ways about it.

Comment

You're are looking at like she didn't want Robert dead. As if she cared about Ned. As if she really cared about how bad of a person Joffery was. She is in power now, and that's all that matters to her as I see it. As of this point, she is winning the game. No two ways about it.
          Earlier you said,

Cersie knows her fate, sge knew she'd lose her children & she knows Dany is coming. She knows she'll die by the hands of her little brother. Whether that's Jamie or Tyrion, she knows her fate.
          Playing the game in such a way as to ensure one's own death is not what I'd call playing the game well. And she DID care about her children, but her short sighted actions caused their deaths. Again, that's not playing the game well.

Comment

Earlier you said,

Playing the game in such a way as to ensure one's own death is not what I'd call playing the game well. And she DID care about her children, but her short sighted actions caused their deaths. Again, that's not playing the game well.
            She is totally playing the game well. She said it best to Ned : When you play the game you either win or die. She now is the Queen, not regent, not mother to the king, but full on the Queen of the 7 kingdoms. That i would say is playing the Game of thrones pretty damn well. She flat out took out all her enemies in 1 blow.

That doesnt mean she didn't screw up on other occasion, but looking at very barebone fact on win or loose, Cercei has won...and convincingly. it's like Elway said she didnt care about who she hurt or what awr she started in the process.
            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• All I know is that there's only 13-15 episodes left
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                She is totally playing the game well. She said it best to Ned : When you play the game you either win or die. She now is the Queen, not regent, not mother to the king, but full on the Queen of the 7 kingdoms. That i would say is playing the Game of thrones pretty damn well. She flat out took out all her enemies in 1 blow.

That doesnt mean she didn't screw up on other occasion, but looking at very barebone fact on win or loose, Cercei has won...and convincingly. it's like Elway said she didnt care about who she hurt or what awr she started in the process.
                She clearly stated how much she loved her children, but her actions caused their deaths. That is not playing the game well. Neither is playing it in a way that essentially guarantees her death at the hands of enemies outside of KL.

Comment

Earlier you said,

Again, at this moment she's the Queen, and she's alive. Meanwhile, she just killed a ton of her enemies, plus she has a mountain. At this point in the game she crossing people over and taking it strong to the hoop for the dunk. As I stated I'm not rooting for her ( Ned was my favorite character), but there's not denying her wit.

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                    All I know is that there's only 13-15 episodes left
                    has that been confirmed?

7 and 7 eps?

Comment

Again, at this moment she's the Queen, and she's alive. Meanwhile, she just killed a ton of her enemies, plus she has a mountain. At this point in the game she crossing people over and taking it strong to the hoop for the dunk. As I stated I'm not rooting for her ( Ned was my favorite character), but there's not denying her wit.
                      It seems you define "playing the game well" as "I'm on the throne, no matter how briefly, and regardless of the cost to my family and those I love and the cost to the kingdom". It's not how I define it.

Comment

It seems you define "playing the game well" as "I'm on the throne, no matter how briefly, and regardless of the cost to my family and those I love and the cost to the kingdom". It's not how I define it.
                        I have to say I've had some debates on this board but never over a tv show lol. It's just a TV show bro. You win man, Cersei is dumber than a bag of hammers....

Comment

She clearly stated how much she loved her children, but her actions caused their deaths. That is not playing the game well. Neither is playing it in a way that essentially guarantees her death at the hands of enemies outside of KL.
                          Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                          Dude it's the game of thrones. It's exactly a matter of being on the throne or not, dead or alive. Everything going on in KL's is about being on the throne. Tyrion said it to Dany last episode: The great game is terrifying.

Whne we speak of playing the game it's 100% about putting yourself on the throne.
                          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
                            has that been confirmed?

7 and 7 eps?
                            Yes it was confirmed today. http://nerdist.com/game-of-thrones-c...ours-of-story/

I understand they were planning on 70-75 hours when they began the show, but cmon!! Plans can change. 20 more episodes would be perfect
                            Last edited by VenomousDB; 06-27-2016, 10:08 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have to say I've had some debates on this board but never over a tv show lol. It's just a TV show bro. You win man, Cersei is dumber than a bag of hammers....
                              lol it's a good show though
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                                Dude it's the game of thrones. It's exactly a matter of being on the throne or not, dead or alive. Everything going on in KL's is about being on the throne. Tyrion said it to Dany last episode: The great game is terrifying.

Whne we speak of playing the game it's 100% about putting yourself on the throne.
                                So it doesn't matter to Cersei that her father and children are dead? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X