Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
    HOLY SMOKES!!!

    Thanks to a friend of mine who recently "cut the cord", I was afforded the ability to use his HBO NOW app.

    First thing I did ... Freakin binge watch GoT!!! I am in complete awe over this show, I watched 60 hours and it felt like 2!

    I'm not sure what the heck I'm going to do until 7 comes out now?

    One question though, at the end of 6 ... what did Lyanna say to Ned? I can hear her say "His name is" ... and then mumble mumble mumble "Robert will kill him if he finds out"

    so I presume Jon Snow, who everyone thought was the bastard son of Ned Stark is actually Lyanna's son with a Targaryen? but who?
    Welcome to my world...Binge watching sucks...It gets you super addicted and then makes you go cold turkey for a year....

    The popular rumor is that Jon is Denarys half-brother so it wouldn't be the mad king because that was her father.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Welcome to my world...Binge watching sucks...It gets you super addicted and then makes you go cold turkey for a year....

      The popular rumor is that Jon is Denarys half-brother so it wouldn't be the mad king because that was her father.
      hahaha yeah I probably should've eased up a bit so that I didn't have such a long time to wait in between but .. oh well, I was hooked after about 4 episodes so I couldn't stop! There were some 2-3 hour nights of sleep because I kept saying "just one more"

      After I finished the last episode I went to the trusty ol innerwebz and started looking at what others thought about that scene and many are speculating that it was actually Denarys' older brother who was killed and never really talked about on the show ... his name was Rhaegor I believe?

      either way that means Jon Snow, while technically still a bastard is actually of both Targaryen/Stark bloodlines and would have more claim to the throne than Danarys!!!

      HOLY Cercie does that make season 7 more compelling!!!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
        so I presume Jon Snow, who everyone thought was the bastard son of Ned Stark is actually Lyanna's son with a Targaryen? but who?
        SPOILERS!

        To read, highlight or quote.


        He's Rhaegar's son.

        Rhaegar "abducted" Lyanna and started Robert's rebellion. Rhaegar was killed by Robert during the rebellion. Story is that he (Rhaegar) was madly in love with Lyanna and that is why he took her. This makes Jon Snow Daenery's nephew.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

        The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
          HOLY SMOKES!!!

          Thanks to a friend of mine who recently "cut the cord", I was afforded the ability to use his HBO NOW app.

          First thing I did ... Freakin binge watch GoT!!! I am in complete awe over this show, I watched 60 hours and it felt like 2!

          I'm not sure what the heck I'm going to do until 7 comes out now?

          One question though, at the end of 6 ... what did Lyanna say to Ned? I can hear her say "His name is" ... and then mumble mumble mumble "Robert will kill him if he finds out"

          so I presume Jon Snow, who everyone thought was the bastard son of Ned Stark is actually Lyanna's son with a Targaryen? but who?
          She said his real name, HBO cut it out to keep the secret going. My bet is his name is Jaharis, sounds targaryen enough.

          HIs dad is Rheagar, the mad kings son, so danny is his auty lol


          Also welcome to the amazing world of GOT and joins us in the long night till s7 lol.
          sigpic

          Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

          Comment


          • Thanks Charlie!!!

            I can't wait for season 7!! It should be nothing short of epic!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
              hahaha yeah I probably should've eased up a bit so that I didn't have such a long time to wait in between but .. oh well, I was hooked after about 4 episodes so I couldn't stop! There were some 2-3 hour nights of sleep because I kept saying "just one more"

              After I finished the last episode I went to the trusty ol innerwebz and started looking at what others thought about that scene and many are speculating that it was actually Denarys' older brother who was killed and never really talked about on the show ... his name was Rhaegor I believe?

              either way that means Jon Snow, while technically still a bastard is actually of both Targaryen/Stark bloodlines and would have more claim to the throne than Danarys!!!

              HOLY Cercie does that make season 7 more compelling!!!
              It took a little bit for me to get hooked but I was just blown away how each season just seemed to get more and more exciting. Now when I go back and watch the earlier ones I start picking up just how well crafted the show is (though there is a bit of a discrepency between Tyrion and Theon in season 7 and season 1, I believe that's on the TV writers though).

              And to go off of Charlie's spoilers, I wouldn't mind a Robert's rebellion spinoff for sure.
              You've got to know when to sack em...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Freestyle View Post
                It took a little bit for me to get hooked but I was just blown away how each season just seemed to get more and more exciting. Now when I go back and watch the earlier ones I start picking up just how well crafted the show is (though there is a bit of a discrepency between Tyrion and Theon in season 7 and season 1, I believe that's on the TV writers though).

                And to go off of Charlie's spoilers, I wouldn't mind a Robert's rebellion spinoff for sure.
                Yes please !!!!!!!!

                We need that and aegon's conquest
                sigpic

                Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Freestyle View Post
                  It took a little bit for me to get hooked but I was just blown away how each season just seemed to get more and more exciting. Now when I go back and watch the earlier ones I start picking up just how well crafted the show is (though there is a bit of a discrepency between Tyrion and Theon in season 7 and season 1, I believe that's on the TV writers though).

                  And to go off of Charlie's spoilers, I wouldn't mind a Robert's rebellion spinoff for sure.
                  What do you mean by that? or is it something that one would have to read the books to catch?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                    Yes please !!!!!!!!

                    We need that and aegon's conquest
                    Either of those would be great with my preference being Robert's Rebellion. Though I think that a Dunk & Egg adaptation might trump both. For those that don't know, the Dunk & Egg novellas are stories about the adventures of Aegon V and Ser Duncan the Tall, taking place about 90 years or so before the show's start. Aegon V was Jon's great-great grandfather, and Dunk... well, it's long been speculated that he's an ancestor of a certain character and GRRM recently confirmed it, but I won't say here.

                    They're nice, tight, fun stories - and like everything else with him - they're not finished, but I could definitely see them working well within the established format and style of the current show.

                    Winter is Coming!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                      She said his real name, HBO cut it out to keep the secret going. My bet is his name is Jaharis, sounds targaryen enough.

                      HIs dad is Rheagar, the mad kings son, so danny is his auty lol


                      Also welcome to the amazing world of GOT and joins us in the long night till s7 lol.
                      Thanks man! I cannot wait for the new season .... at least I got the satisfaction of watching Ramsay Bolton get eaten in S6 as I'm not sure I could've went another season with him alive! Between him and Cercie, I wanted to get in the show myself and cut off some heads!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                        What do you mean by that? or is it something that one would have to read the books to catch?
                        In season 6 they meet up again and Tyrion blasts Theon for calling him an imp in their prior meeting. If you go back and watch it, or just pull it up on youtube you'll see that Tyrion was totally the instigator. Seems like the writers didn't remember who did what (the show is past the books at this point).

                        Contrast that to Ned getting upset at Robert's plan to assassinate Daenerys Targaryen in season 1 and stepping down as hand. Or how every noble character on the show praises Rhaegar despite his supposed "kidnapping" of Lyanna. That shows consistency when the unveiling of Snow's parents happens in season 6.

                        Either way it's just a small detail. Still a great show.
                        You've got to know when to sack em...

                        Comment


                        • Any word on the new season air date?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                            Any word on the new season air date?
                            June 25th is when it starts
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                            The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                              June 25th is when it starts
                              Thanks, can't wait.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                                June 25th is when it starts
                                source on that ? I dont believe i missed the announcment ?
                                sigpic

                                Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X