Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Will they really ? I felt like Nymeria rejecting Arya was a stern reminder from tje writters that nothing goes well for the starks...

Arya decides to go north..Jon heads south thru White harbor..Reunion delayed/canceled AND she lost her wolf..Like DAMN

Theon what was he going to do ? Go 1 vs 6 ? Dont really blame him there...He still deserves all the crap he got
    Well, letting your sister get raped or who knows what before having her head shipped to Dragonstone aside, wth is he doing not carrying a bow in the first place? He's awesome with a bow, and I dunno, that kinda would've been a good time to have one.

But the Arya thing. Her wolf has a whole pack now. You know that will factor in down the road.

Comment

• Theon has left the party.
      Reek has joined the party.
      sigpic

Comment

• It was another good episode, things are moving at a lightning pace. I'm sure we'll see Nymeria again at some point, as well. It was good seeing Arya's reunion with Hotpie. How about that crazy transition from Samwell cutting off Jorah's greyscale and all of the associated puss to people cutting into and eating Hotpie's pies?
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
          It was another good episode, things are moving at a lightning pace. I'm sure we'll see Nymeria again at some point, as well. It was good seeing Arya's reunion with Hotpie. How about that crazy transition from Samwell cutting off Jorah's greyscale and all of the associated puss to people cutting into and eating Hotpie's pies?
          I really think going forward the opening reply should say "Previously on gross things Samwell Tarly does"

Two weeks in a row I've nearly gagged at the sight of the gross adventures of Samwell.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
            Well this felt like a giant kick in the balls/waste of time...

I might just be that i am extremly annoyed that they had Nymeria reject Arya to the tune of that somber, sad stark theme but man i hated this week.

At least Hotpie made her change her plans and go north...

What i liked ? Tyrion's reaction when he heard about Jon being King in the north, Mel talking about him and the whole exchange was great. Danny going bend the kneew made me laugh...Like Ok...

Euron was a proper new psycho, the naval fight scenes was good, not great but good.

But overall...The whole Nymeria/Arya scene pissed me off to no end and i give this week a MEH rating
            Geezuz, CB! It wasn't that bad was it? It's not like anyone's favorite character got killed or like Stannis burning Shireen!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              Well, letting your sister get raped or who knows what before having her head shipped to Dragonstone aside, wth is he doing not carrying a bow in the first place? He's awesome with a bow, and I dunno, that kinda would've been a good time to have one.
              Well, they were taken by surprise at night without any time to prepare a defense, and there was as a lot of fire, smoke and confusion with a rapid onslaught. A bow is better in the day when you can see your target and make ranged attacks, unless your name is Legolas. Ironborn fighting ironborn at close quarters, hard to tell who is who or get clear shots. But the real problem was:

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Theon has left the party.
              Reek has joined the party.
              Ironborn mutilation scenes set off a PTSD flashback from Ramsay's torture and triggered the Reek alter ego back in control. And I agree that he'll likely redeem himself for fleeing here in a later battle, just before or as he dies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                It was another good episode, things are moving at a lightning pace. I'm sure we'll see Nymeria again at some point, as well. It was good seeing Arya's reunion with Hotpie. How about that crazy transition from Samwell cutting off Jorah's greyscale and all of the associated puss to people cutting into and eating Hotpie's pies?
                That was disgustingly hilarious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I really think going forward the opening reply should say "Previously on gross things Samwell Tarly does"

Two weeks in a row I've nearly gagged at the sight of the gross adventures of Samwell.
                  Yeah and his seasickness graphic puking last season. He's seems to have become the gross shock value part of the show, unfortunately. Pretty low shelf from D&D.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                    Well, they were taken by surprise at night without any time to prepare a defense, and there was as a lot of fire, smoke and confusion with a rapid onslaught. A bow is better in the day when you can see your target and make ranged attacks, unless your name is Legolas. Ironborn fighting ironborn at close quarters, hard to tell who is who or get clear shots. But the real problem was:

Ironborn mutilation scenes set off a PTSD flashback from Ramsay's torture and triggered the Reek alter ego back in control. And I agree that he'll likely redeem himself for fleeing here in a later battle, just before or as he dies.
                    It was scary.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                      Yeah and his seasickness graphic puking last season. He's seems to have become the gross shock value part of the show, unfortunately. Pretty low shelf from D&D.
                      Agree, very low shelf.
                      It's not the least bit comical.
                      Sick and twisted I say.
                      At least it seems Jorah may be headed back to his Khaleesi's side.
                      Liked seeing Sam's dad stand up to Jaime by professing his loyalty to House Tyrell.
                      Interesting to see how that will play out. Tarly is an excellent military tactician.

Sorry cb, Nymeria won't be back. We knew there would be the encounter.
                      LM said Arya was going south to King's landing and the pack wouldn't go south.
                      Well, when Arya turned north, met the pack I thought, alright Arya's going north with Nymeria.
                      That's what Arya wanted too. But the CGI budget put the damper on that.
                      "Call of the Wild", we won't see Nymeria again.

We previously discussed D&D trimming the fat to fast pace the story line.
                      Scratch Yara and almost/maybe all of the Sand Snake girls.
                      We saw Euron's men drag off Tyene and Ellaria.
                      Yara was hanging from the bowsprit; was that Ellaria above her speared to the bowsprit ?
                      Looked a bit like the outfit she had on right before Euron's raid.
                      Or did Euron capture Ellaria and Tyene for his gift to Cersei ?
                      Is Dorne up for grabs ?
                      More characters to end their GOT stint as the weeks move on.

I don't like Sansa being left at Winterfell alone with Baelish in her ear.
                      Did love that grip Jon had on his trachea.

Arya heading north, Jon heading south.
                      Bran's at the wall and Sansa's at Winterfell.

Hope Ayra gets to Sansa soon, help buffer Littlefinger maybe.
                      Jon has to somehow get from Dragonstone to the scene with the Bw/oB up north.
                      Can't wait for next week.
                      Beyond the books: this is going to be a wild ride !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Geezuz, CB! It wasn't that bad was it? It's not like anyone's favorite character got killed or like Stannis burning Shireen!
                        Sure haha. The preview just had me so hyped up for Nymeria's returns the scene killed me lol. And Nymeria looked amazing so it annoyed me even more lol.

On to next week and Jon meeting danny. I think she feels threatned by him.
                        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Yeah the Theon scene was particularly disappointing, but at the end of the day any other decision for him to make probably ends in knife to sis' throat. I'm not suggesting he knew this and purposefully chose that option.

Hopefully once he regains his senses he does make a difference.

Kind of a shame the 'invasion' was interrupted. I was kinda getting into that moment
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Well, the way I see it, shoot the guy in the middle of the ship clown stomping the Sand Snakes. Even if you miss...hey, that's collateral damage if you ask me. Tyene's the hot one anyway.

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Agree, very low shelf.
                            It's not the least bit comical.
                            Sick and twisted I say.
                            At least it seems Jorah may be headed back to his Khaleesi's side.
                            Liked seeing Sam's dad stand up to Jaime by professing his loyalty to House Tyrell.
                            Interesting to see how that will play out. Tarly is an excellent military tactician.

Sorry cb, Nymeria won't be back. We knew there would be the encounter.
                            LM said Arya was going south to King's landing and the pack wouldn't go south.
                            Well, when Arya turned north, met the pack I thought, alright Arya's going north with Nymeria.
                            That's what Arya wanted too. But the CGI budget put the damper on that.
                            "Call of the Wild", we won't see Nymeria again.

We previously discussed D&D trimming the fat to fast pace the story line.
                            Scratch Yara and almost/maybe all of the Sand Snake girls.
                            We saw Euron's men drag off Tyene and Ellaria.
                            Yara was hanging from the bowsprit; was that Ellaria above her speared to the bowsprit ?
                            Looked a bit like the outfit she had on right before Euron's raid.
                            Or did Euron capture Ellaria and Tyene for his gift to Cersei ?
                            Is Dorne up for grabs ?
                            More characters to end their GOT stint as the weeks move on.

I don't like Sansa being left at Winterfell alone with Baelish in her ear.
                            Did love that grip Jon had on his trachea.

Arya heading north, Jon heading south.
                            Bran's at the wall and Sansa's at Winterfell.

Hope Ayra gets to Sansa soon, help buffer Littlefinger maybe.
                            Jon has to somehow get from Dragonstone to the scene with the Bw/oB up north.
                            Can't wait for next week.
                            Beyond the books: this is going to be a wild ride !!!

I thought that was Nymeria hanging by her whip, and Obara impaled by her spear. I figured the plan was for Cersei to force Ellaria to watch Tyene get killed or whatever, as payback for Marcella.

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                Well, the way I see it, shoot the guy in the middle of the ship clown stomping the Sand Snakes. Even if you miss...hey, that's collateral damage if you ask me. Tyene's the hot one anyway.

I thought that was Nymeria hanging by her whip, and Obara impaled by her spear. I figured the plan was for Cersei to force Ellaria to watch Tyene get killed or whatever, as payback for Marcella.
                                Wow, you really know your Sand Snakes !!!

You're probably right Spice.
                                That makes more sense.
                                Euron probably grabbed Yara, Ellaria and Tyene for Cersei.

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 07-24-2017, 05:49 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X