No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOOOK So now that I can break my self-imposed silence MAN WAS THAT AWESOME!!!

The second I heard the horses and Jamie started rushing to get shields ready I was thinking "A dragon is going to be busting over that hill soon" Sure enough! And that was just epic watching the dragon fire tear through the enemy lines so quickly and in such deadly fashion. It shows just how formidable these dragons can be.

It'll be interesting seeing if Jamie and Brohn survived.

Holy crap the showdown between Bree and Arya!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
      the Dragon didnt look too injured. He got a bunch of spears thrown in him when they were fighting the sons of the harpy. I think Jaime is probably good but bronn might have taken the heat of the blast. I like Bronn too but man i wish he was on the other side. I guess hes on whatever side pays him.

Same here. Glad we got to see a dragon blast away foot soldiers and deflect a bunch of arrows. That sparring session was awesome. Finally they made Arya badass. Loved the way she was moving reminded me of Syrio Forel when he was teaching her how to fight in season 1. Brienne must see a lot of herself in arya. Bran is like a robot now i felt bad for meera. She lost her brother and sacrificed everything for Bran and he had to say was thanks see ya later.
      I never liked Bran much. When he first came back to Winterfell, I really didn't like him, but this episode changed my mind. I'm starting to get it. They did a good job of showing some insight as to why he is the way he is. "Chaos is a ladder." lol. In over your head much, Little Finger?

I don't even want to imagine how much money they spent on this season. I'm not complaining. The special effects of that battle were incredible. Far and away the best they've done with the dragons so far. I agree with those who don't see Jaime or Bronn dying until later.
      Last edited by Spice 1; 08-07-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        OOOOOK So now that I can break my self-imposed silence MAN WAS THAT AWESOME!!!

The second I heard the horses and Jamie started rushing to get shields ready I was thinking "A dragon is going to be busting over that hill soon" Sure enough! And that was just epic watching the dragon fire tear through the enemy lines so quickly and in such deadly fashion. It shows just how formidable these dragons can be.

It'll be interesting seeing if Jamie and Brohn survived.

Holy crap the showdown between Bree and Arya!
        Yeah, they really had a flair for the dramatic in this one. "Where's the Queen?..." And the way they showed the soldiers shaking at the incoming horde, while Bronn was telling Jaime to run, was awesome.

Comment

• One thing, Lady Olenna's final words last week becomes useless if Jamie had died in that battle. Cersei has to find that out.

They did a good job of building up tension if we thought Jamie had a legitimate shot of dying there.
          You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            I actually thought that would've been pretty good for him because if he had succeeded in killing either calisi or the dragon that would be a major victory for his side. Although I guess if he failed and died it would've been a waste.

Also I don't really count Snow as a major death considering they wasted no time bringing him back.

Again I wasn't complaining about the episode. I loved it. I just love how this show has the stones to kill anyone and everyone unlike most other networks. And I felt that was a little bit of a cop out save.
            Getting incinerated or munched in such an impersonal way by a creature wouldn't be a fitting demise when you consider everything they've established with Jaime over the last six seasons as a mentally self-tortured character riven by his twisted incestuous desire and a conscience to do good (as he did when he killed the Mad King, and when he saved Brienne), and the necessity for him to play out the drama with Cersei to its conclusion.

I don't count Snow's death either. But last season's finale burnt a number of key players in the Sept and among them Margaery definitely counted as a major character. Ramsay was another one who bought it the previous episode.
            Last edited by L.M.; 08-07-2017, 09:25 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Notice the looks between Baelish and Arya after this sparring scene. Arya makes a shrewd squint like she knows he's scheming up there. Also notice the look on Littlefinger's face after Bran said "Chaos is a ladder". He remembered that he had said the same thing to Varys several years ago in the Iron Throne room!

All of the Stark kids -Bran especially- can see right through him and it's going to be virtually impossible to manipulate any of them to his ends.
                Last edited by L.M.; 08-07-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

Notice the looks between Baelish and Arya after this sparring scene. Arya makes a shrewd squint like she knows he's scheming up there. Also notice the look on Littlefinger's face after Bran said "Chaos is a ladder". He remembered that he had said the same thing to Varys several years ago in the Iron Throne room!

All of the Stark kids -Bran especially- can see right through him and it's going to be virtually impossible to manipulate any of them to his ends.
                  Yep. For all of Baelish's scheming, and seeing every move on the board, nothing could have prepared him for the three eyed raven. It would probably suck playing people like Chess your entire life, only to find out there's a piece that teleports across the board, and you don't have control over it.

Comment

• Imagine this..

Jamie lives
                    Brohnn lives

They are used to trade for yara and SandSnake mamma ......... proposed by Daenerys' side. BUT - Cercei doesn't accept!!!! What would Jamie do then? I could see cold hearted Cercei do this.

.... it's gonna be a long week again lol

Pretty interesting to watch these 'behind the scenes' type videos after each episode. This one you get some hints from the runners on for instance the relationship between Jon and Daenarys. But more to the point - check out what went into all these battle scenes.

The Loot Train Attack

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                      Imagine this..

Jamie lives
                      Brohnn lives

They are used to trade for yara and SandSnake mamma ......... proposed by Daenerys' side. BUT - Cercei doesn't accept!!!! What would Jamie do then? I could see cold hearted Cercei do this.

.... it's gonna be a long week again lol

Pretty interesting to watch these 'behind the scenes' type videos after each episode. This one you get some hints from the runners on for instance the relationship between Jon and Daenarys. But more to the point - check out what went into all these battle scenes.

The Loot Train Attack

I'm thinking Tyrion might set Bronn and Jaime free-- after all, he owes his brother one for letting him out of the Red Keep dungeon, and he likes Bronn. That would get him in hot water with Dany though.

I started watching that video you posted, but it spoils the illusion of what we just saw a little too much, like a making of documentary. I don't want to know all that stuff quite yet!

Comment

I cringed when I heard Tarly say all the gold was safely inside the gates of KIng's Landing.
                        I was hoping Dany would intercept the Martell* gold. (TYRELL GOLD) :smackhead:
                        Now Cersei has the backing of the Iron Bank.

The "Loot Train Attack" was absolutely brilliant work.
                        LM was right all along about the CGI budget.

Jaime and Bronn will survive.
                        They just have to get out of that armor and stop sinking.
                        Amazingly deep that close to shore, no ?
                        I think that they will hide in the reeds then whimper back to Cersei.
                        They could be captured like some propose but that will just add more plot twists.
                        With only 3 eps left (boo hoo) D&D want to get on with the story, so little time left.

Bran is so otherworldly now, I hang on every word he says.
                        His short phrases have taken the air out of Arya, Sansa and especially Baelish.
                        Who knows what he will say next ? I love it.

Outside of Bran's razor sharp quips, my favorite line was in the above clip by LM.
                        Brienne asks Ayra, " Who taught you how to do that?"
                        Arya replies with a twinkle, "No one."
                        That got a fist pump from me as I hollered "Yeah !!!".

Littlefinger has been embarrassed and insulted in every ep this season.
                        All the pre-season hype of Petyr driving a wedge between Jon and Sansa ?
                        That theory seems to have diminished, I never bought in to it entirely but I was a bit worried.
                        He is still is a very dangerous psychopath, can't wait for his undoing.
                        Hope he doesn't harm any of the Stark family.

And I can't wait for Jaime to fulfill ol' Maggie's prophecy !!!

Ep 5 next Sunday is entitled "Eastwatch":

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-09-2017, 03:48 PM. Reason: change Martell to Tyrell duh

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                          It wasn't very "brilliant" by Dany & Drogon to torch wagonloads of food though! If they had just focused on incinerating the ranks of enemy troops and let the Dothraki overrun them (as they did anyway) then she would have captured their logistical supply for themselves! Didn't she say in a previous scene that she needed the harvest of the Reach to feed her horde!?

OOOOOPS!

Yes, the Abyss 5ft from shore:

Comment

• Ok so went thru my 2nd rewatch.

What a freaking amazing episode. Easily top 5 in the series.

Alright. Arya getting back to winterfell and reuniting with Sansa and Bran almost braught tears to my eyes. Waited for that moment for so long. Just hope Jon doesn't miss out.

Sansa and Arya in the crypt looking at Ned's statue, talking about how the statue doesnt look like him and everyone who knew his face is dead....

Loved the call back to early season with Arya and the Lannister guards when she got lost in the dungeons. Having the Stark not being perfect gentelmen was a smart move and in line with the sesson.

Arya vs Brienne was amazing. She has to be a top 5 fighter in westeros at that point. Her water dancing looked DEADLY. Can't wait to see her fight for real.

Lf still trying to play the starks vs each other, but at this point i really don't know what his endgame is...Bran knows everything he ever did, Arya can kill basically anyone in the realm. I don't think he leaves WF alive.

Jon and Danny lol, you could cut the sexual tension with longclaw. In the cave, the look she gave Missandei when Jon was waiting for her down the stairs

I wish she would drop her damn Bend the knee stick. I have a feeling she will soon. Looks like Jon will get to go up close with Drogon and i think she will be suprised at how cool her babies will be with DAKINGINDANORF. That and Bran will give us the alliance i think.
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I cringed when I heard Tarly say all the gold was safely inside the gates of KIng's Landing.
                              I was hoping Dany would intercept the Martell gold.
                              Now Cersei has the backing of the Iron Bank.

I think that they will hide in the reeds then whimper back to Cersei.
                              They could be captured like some propose but that will just add more plot twists.
                              With only 3 eps left (boo hoo) D&D want to get on with the story, so little time left.

Bran is so otherworldly now, I hang on every word he says.
                              His short phrases have taken the air out of Arya, Sansa and especially Baelish.
                              Who knows what he will say next ? I love it.

Outside of Bran's razor sharp quips, my favorite line was in the above clip by LM.
                              Brienne asks Ayra, " Who taught you how to do that?"
                              Arya replies with a twinkle, "No one."
                              That got a fist pump from me as I hollered "Yeah !!!".

Littlefinger has been embarrassed and insulted in every ep this season.
                              All the pre-season hype of Petyr driving a wedge between Jon and Sansa ?
                              That theory seems to have diminished, I never bought in to it entirely but I was a bit worried.
                              He is still is a very dangerous psychopath, can't wait for his undoing.
                              Hope he doesn't harm any of the Stark family.

And I can't wait for Jaime to fulfill ol' Maggie's prophecy !!!

Ep 5 next Sunday is entitled "Eastwatch":

I too never believed in the LF hype. I don't think he gets out of this season alive

Everything with Drogon was amazing...3 dragons in the same battle ? That would be impossible to beat

But i believe this week's episode is blood of the dragon no ? I think we get some more insight on Jon's lineage.
                              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                                Loved the call back to early season with Arya and the Lannister guards when she got lost in the dungeons.
                                Eh, not sure I'd qualify that as a callback. She was chasing a cat around and just ended up down near the dungeons where the dragon skulls were stored, and she didn't have to face off with guards and then give them the slip as she did in Winterfell.
                                But i believe this week's episode is blood of the dragon no ? I think we get some more insight on Jon's lineage.
                                I went to the HBO site this morning and episode 65 is "Eastwatch"... unless they goofed up.

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/e...tch/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X