Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That conversation between Tywin and Arya really was perfect. She held that gaze just long enough to feel the emotion
    sigpic
    Thank you Charger$

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
      I cannot believe Tyrion appears so late in the post. And "up there?!"
      Well, I think it's just a given that everyone likes Tyrion. I was noting the other people I really like that aren't Tyrion, haha.
      Are you a reaper?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Dieselspeed View Post
        This past episode was pretty awesome, if you ask me. Davos Seaworth has to be one of my favorite characters, along with Gendry, Jorah Mormont, Sandor Clegane, and Barristan Selmy, though he hasn't shown up lately. Tyrion and Arya are up there as well, naturally.
        Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
        I cannot believe Tyrion appears so late in the post. And "up there?!"
        Where's the rimshot?

        Tyrion... up there... "...my giant of a Lannister."

        One of the best things they've done with this show is Tyrion. They've hit it out of the park with him. He was always THE fan favorite, even before the show, and it's great to see the HBO character living up to the book character. Hats off to Dinklage and all those involved with bringing him aboard. Which reminds me... I knew Peter Dinklage's face, but I didn't know his name... until a "Cast the books" type of thread on the Westeros board about 7 or so years ago. He's always been the unanimous fan choice for the part. Interesting how that worked out.
        Winter is Coming!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dieselspeed View Post
          Well, I think it's just a given that everyone likes Tyrion. I was noting the other people I really like that aren't Tyrion, haha.
          So true. One of my guilty pleasures is that I'm actually a huge Sansa fan.

          The show makes her so much more likable. To pre-show book readers she's probably the most hated main character - for good reason. I just see her as... well, I won't go there... yet.
          Winter is Coming!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
            So true. One of my guilty pleasures is that I'm actually a huge Sansa fan.

            The show makes her so much more likable. To pre-show book readers she's probably the most hated main character - for good reason. I just see her as... well, I won't go there... yet.
            I enjoy the complexity of the interaction between Sandor and Sansa, and how he subtly does his best to defend her from Joffrey. I've always seen some symbolism in the status of the Stark direwolves that they picked up in the beginning, with Lady's fate due to the Lannisters kinda correlating with what Sansa is being forced to go through. Since the direwolf is a symbol of the Stark house and all, it kinda makes sense considering how Sansa's stark heritage is being stifled. Then there's Arya with the one that's missing, Jon Snow with the unique one, and Robb with the most powerful and disciplined one. I just can't help considering this kind of stuff in a series as well written as this, haha.
            Are you a reaper?

            Comment


            • sigpic
              Thank you Charger$

              Comment


              • Gotta say, so far the book is doing a good job following the show... Bravo Mr. Martin!
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                  Gotta say, so far the book is doing a good job following the show... Bravo Mr. Martin!
                  That's funny, Frenchy. I needed that this morning.

                  You won't find much deviation in the first book. There's a lot that's left out in that first season (backstory and details mostly), and they change a few minor things, but it's pretty much a literal adaptation.

                  Now, with book 2... GRRM changed a bunch of stuff in that one so far...
                  Winter is Coming!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                    That's funny, Frenchy. I needed that this morning.

                    You won't find much deviation in the first book. There's a lot that's left out in that first season (backstory and details mostly), and they change a few minor things, but it's pretty much a literal adaptation.

                    Now, with book 2... GRRM changed a bunch of stuff in that one so far...
                    damn him deviating from the tv series


                    now you gotta get frenchy lurking the forums you sent me to... have him lurking for hours on end reading threads....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      damn him deviating from the tv series

                      now you gotta get frenchy lurking the forums you sent me to... have him lurking for hours on end reading threads....
                      The Westeros board has too many loose lips; if you know what I mean. It's much too easy to accidentally come across spoilers there.

                      However, The Tower of the Hand (http://www.towerofthehand.com/) has a scope feature on their website. Basically, you designate how far you are in the series (e.g. "I have read through A Clash of Kings") and the site hides information from later books. Very handy; and lots of great info there - - and it's presented very well.

                      That reminds me, Remedy. Have you read the Dunk & Egg short stories yet? If not, I highly recommend them to you (or anyone that loves the books/series and wants some backstory). There are 3 of them so far (out of a planned 9) and they're all in different fantasy/sci-fi compilations, but if ye look ye shall find.

                      They're great... set in Westeros about 100 years before the start of AGOT. There are no spoilerish things in them so even if you haven't read all of the main books yet you can still enjoy them. In fact, there's some rather important backstory there, and in my opinion, they will mesh wholly with the "present story" before it's all done.

                      Winter is Coming!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                        The Westeros board has too many loose lips; if you know what I mean. It's much too easy to accidentally come across spoilers there.

                        However, The Tower of the Hand (http://www.towerofthehand.com/) has a scope feature on their website. Basically, you designate how far you are in the series (e.g. "I have read through A Clash of Kings") and the site hides information from later books. Very handy; and lots of great info there - - and it's presented very well.

                        That reminds me, Remedy. Have you read the Dunk & Egg short stories yet? If not, I highly recommend them to you (or anyone that loves the books/series and wants some backstory). There are 3 of them so far (out of a planned 9) and they're all in different fantasy/sci-fi compilations, but if ye look ye shall find.

                        They're great... set in Westeros about 100 years before the start of AGOT. There are no spoilerish things in them so even if you haven't read all of the main books yet you can still enjoy them. In fact, there's some rather important backstory there, and in my opinion, they will mesh wholly with the "present story" before it's all done.

                        Cool.. How did I not know this existed?!? this just moved to the top of my 'to read' list...

                        I would cp you if I could... but alas... I can no longer so my gratitude and thanks will have to do. very cool sir.


                        and yes maybe frenchy better hold off on the westeros boards.. haha

                        Comment


                        • I'm definitely planning on buying the books, now that I've been watching the TV series. Time to go get a summer job, haha.
                          Are you a reaper?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dieselspeed View Post
                            I'm definitely planning on buying the books, now that I've been watching the TV series. Time to go get a summer job, haha.
                            they are without a doubt 100% worth it

                            Comment


                            • The only little deviation I've noticed so far is the ages of some of the characters... of the stark kids Bran is the only one who is the same age I thijk of when I watch the show
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                              sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                                The only little deviation I've noticed so far is the ages of some of the characters... of the stark kids Bran is the only one who is the same age I thijk of when I watch the show
                                I imagine they made the kids older since child actors normally suck and having even younger kids do what these guys are doing could be insane
                                sigpic
                                Thank you Charger$

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X