Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Gilly was about to reveal the Rhaegar/Lyanna secret wedding.
    Yea...Freaking Samwell strikes again! If he's not causing us to nearly vomit, he's interrupting very important revelations...
    sigpic

Comment

• I just think it's funny how, in the effort to circumvent the prophecy about her children and death, Cersei is unwittingly fulfilling it.

Now she's doing it again. Sure you're pregnant, sugar plums. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        Yea...Freaking Samwell strikes again! If he's not causing us to nearly vomit, he's interrupting very important revelations...
        I agree! In his defense though the whole thing with rhaegar stealing lyanna means very little to him since he doesn't know R+L=J

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
          I was wrong, that is next week

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
          GEEEENDRRRYYYYYYY!!!! I knew he had a bigger role to play! Love his hammer decked in stag. SICK!
          smh

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
          I guess Jamie and Brohnn got away ............ makes no sense .......... I don't buy the writing there. Or it wasn't executed in principle filming or editing .......
          The writing for this episode was TERRIBLE, it really took a nosedive. If last week's episode was the best of the season thus far, then this is the worst...perhaps among the bottom worst of the entire series. They are clearly missing the luxury of having GRRM's more internally-consistent and sensible source material for the adaptation.

I'd rate the episode as 3/10 after one viewing. I'm going to watch it again and try to focus on what I liked and see if I can bump it up a little before I post a critical analysis here.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Agree LM.
            Jaime and Bronn surfacing, gasping for air miles from the smoking carnage.
            C'mon man.
            Then Jaime walks away from Bronn right into Cersei's boudoir ?
            Guess the writer cut to the chase to save time.
            Anybody here think Cersei is really with child or is she playing Jaime ?
            ~~~
            D&D did move fast. Tyrion was teleported to King's Landing.
            Met with Jaime, walked away alive.
            Once a hand of a wight was sent to King's Landing with the fingers still wriggling.
            But it soon rotted away to nothing.
            How do they plan to bring an entire body ? Pack it in dry ice ?
            ~~~
            Jon, Ser Davos and Gendry were teleported to Eastwatch.
            A previous episode mentioned Dragonstone was a thousand miles from Winterfell.
            Add another thousand all the way to Eastwatch. Poof, they're there !
            Talk about the dirty half dozen. Each one of those guys has a good reason to kill each other.
            I'm still hoping we get to see Coldhands/Benjen; maybe next week in the back to back last stand circle ?
            ~~~
            We finally saw some of the scenes from the teaser trailers.
            Arya looking under the bed, LF peeking from the hallway.
            Noticed that that scene was a lit up a bit brighter than the trailer.
            I previously thought LF was eavesdropping on Jon in the dark Winterfell crypt.
            ~~~
            I do think Baelish's ploy will cause some grief between Arya and Sansa.
            Arya has already made several cracks like "M'Lady", "Lady Stark" and "You always liked nice things".
            Arya is highly skilled but her training has not prepared her for LF.
            Ayra has been successful so far and probably has a grown a larger ego.
            She is bold but still very young and naive.
            Perhaps during her lust for vengeance "A Girl" may have temporarily forgotten that she is "No One".
            Hope I'm wrong.
            ~~~
            Gendry. Yuk.
            Just what we needed another king's illegitimate son.
            Pop culture even affects D&D; Ser Davos' quip about "still rowing".
            We've been joking about that for years lol.
            ~~~
            Sammy Tarly. Yuk
            Gilly's home schooling is going well. Quite a jump from Craster's.
            What a plot twist, never saw that coming.
            Rhaegar married Lyanna. Wow !
            At least we all know that Jon is legitimate.
            The castle scene in Bran's vision was in Dorne.
            The same castle guarded by Rhaegar's Kingsguard.
            How does Jon's legitimacy affect Dany's claim to Queen of the 7 Kingdoms ?
            Now we have to deal with Sam, Gilly, who knows whose son and a cart full of stolen scrolls.
            (Craster,Mance/TV, Books lol)
            ~~~
            Where's Greyworm and the Unsullied ?
            Doesn't anyone at Dragonstone care ??
            ~~~
            If I had to pick my favorite moment of the worst Ep this season, it would be.....
            Jon showing no fear of Drogon,
            Dany watching in amazement,
            Drogon bends the knee to Jon,
            Dany dismounts and stares into Jon's eyes.

That scene was a beautiful combination of CGI and the panorama of Dragonstone.
            Magical moment.
            ~~~
            I think D&D will make it up to us in Ep 6.

"Death is the Enemy.
            The first enemy and the last.
            The Enemy always wins."

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Comment

• Man yall are a tough bunch...

Complaining about traveling distances snd teleporting is useless. Treat it like the books, the event are not chronogical...There could have been 2 weeks between the moment Bronn and jaimie washed up on the shore and what happened at KL's...
                  sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Man yall are a tough bunch...

Complaining about traveling distances snd teleporting is useless. Treat it like the books, the event are not chronogical...There could have been 2 weeks between the moment Bronn and jaimie washed up on the shore and what happened at KL's...
                    I remember reading an interview saying things would happen a lot faster than the audience is used to.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

We can accept dragons, white walkers, army of dead men, faceless assassins, and people getting resurrected yet we can't accept fast travel? Haha. I'm okay with the fast travel get to the storyline i don't care about how long it takes them to get to where they need to go

Comment

I agree with you too.This one of the worst episodes of the series? Hardly. This episode moved the story along and next week will be filled with jam-packed action and all. I didn't read the new leaks, but I will say the original leak at the beginning of the season is looking more and more promising. I don't remember who else read them - but it is lining up with what was in that leak. The only differences were the episode names and sequence of events - but the events are still there just thrown around in the season. If i'm wrong I will say so Sunday.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                          We can accept dragons, white walkers, army of dead men, faceless assassins, and people getting resurrected yet we can't accept fast travel? Haha. I'm okay with the fast travel get to the storyline i don't care about how long it takes them to get to where they need to go
                          They are certainly taking a lot of liberties with the warp speed lately. That's not really my beef right now but as a counterpoint to what you've written I would like to point out that there are limits to one's suspension of disbelief here. Would it be okay if Cersei just floated away into the sky like a cottonball to avoid the deathblow before it comes, with no explanation for how she did that? Would that be acceptable and enjoyable for us? Can we really excuse that because there are fantastic creatures in that world? Yes it's a fantasy world but it's also chalk full of things from this one: trees, grass, dogs, cats, humans with the same physiology and limits, gravity, physics, etc. all so we can relate to it, and thus some degree of realism is also expected.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Worst Ep this season !!!
                            ~~~
                            Jon didn't look very happy during the Jorah/Dany reunion.
                            ~~~
                            Cersei can't have another child.
                            Either something will happen or Jaime kills her first.
                            Maggie said only 3.

Maggie the Frog: "Three questions you get"

(1) I’ve been promised to the prince. When will we marry ?
                            You’ll never wed the prince. You’ll wed a king.

(2) But I will be queen ?
                            Oh yes, you’ll be queen, for a time, then comes another, younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear.

(3) Will the king and I have children ?
                            The king will have 20 children and you will have three.

But that doesn’t make sense.

Gold will be their crowns.
                            Gold their shrouds.

Then the fourth part of Maggie's prophecy wasn't on TV.
                            The Valerian little brother thing.
                            Gotta be Jamie !!!

edit: (Could Arya masquerade as Jaime to get to Cersei ?
                            No, too short.)
                            Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-14-2017, 09:11 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                                They are certainly taking a lot of liberties with the warp speed lately. That's not really my beef right now but as a counterpoint to what you've written I would like to point out that there are limits to one's suspension of disbelief here. Would it be okay if Cersei just floated away into the sky like a cottonball to avoid the deathblow before it comes, with no explanation for how she did that? Would that be acceptable and enjoyable for us? Can we really excuse that because there are fantastic creatures in that world? Yes it's a fantasy world but it's also chalk full of things from this one: trees, grass, dogs, cats, humans with the same physiology and limits, gravity, physics, etc. all so we can relate to it, and thus some degree of realism is also expected.
                                haha. your example is pretty extreme. If they spent precious minutes showing them travel we would be sitting here complaining about how they waste time showing them travel

Comment

Working...
                                X