Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    The ending I always anticipated for Cersei. Doubt Jaime could live with himself, though. Cersei would have to do something completely atrocious for him to justify it.
    Like threatening to detonate the rest of the wildfire under King's Landing instead of surrendering? That would bring Jaime full circle, facing a Mad Queen now, with an even more difficult and painful choice to make this time because it's his beloved sister. Then Jaime leaves the world, riding off into the frozen wastes of the far north to die alone. The poetic tragedy of it is irresistable I think, so my money's on something like this.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
      Jaime won't be with Bran, he's with Brienne's forces outside Winterfell. Jaime will probably live to kill Cersei.

Theon will be protecting Bran and he's almost surely dead meat.
      I think one of the Lanister brothers die (maybe both), Arya takes their face and uses it to kill Cersei while disguised as Cersei's brother.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        I think Jamie will die protecting Bran. Bran knows this and it is why he said something to the effect that he was silent so that Jamie could fight for them. I think it is also why Bran was present when Jamie showed up. Bran knows Jamie plays a significant role and wanted to make sure no one killed Jamie when he showed up to WF.

I also think someone else very major will die in this episode. I do not want it to be anyone but this has been the kind of show to kill someone major every so often and imo we are due.
        wow I never thought about this possibility - and it makes perfect sense! Hope it happens
        Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• don't know about you guys......THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            don't know about you guys......THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!
            ugggg disagree
            sigpic
            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Who cried when Old Yeller died?
              Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                ugggg disagree
                what? why?
                sigpic

Comment

what? why?
                  If you scroll back to the discussions here since last Sunday, you'll understand.

Comment

don't know about you guys......THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!
                    Between Avengers: Endgame and this, my brain is...<ZZZZZZZT!!!>

Comment

• Its gonna take a little bit to digest this episode

Arya makes sense in what her role has been. Really surprised the Night King went out like this. He was supposed to be a larger villian than Cersei.

Taking the Dothraki and charging in against a superior foe in pitch black was idiotic. Though Jon and Dany's plan to ambush the Night King's dragon falling apart when Dany witnesses her beloved dothraki fall makes sense. It was a way to advance the plot but they didnt do it in the best way.

It was basically 90 min of the North getting their butts kicked. I'm pretty sure there's no army left either. We'll see next week.
                      Last edited by Freestyle; 04-28-2019, 08:35 PM.
                      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

• "You did nothing, Jon Snow".

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                          "You did nothing, Jon Snow".
                          HAHAHAH thats funny
                          sigpic

Comment

• I can't imagine having to tie up loose ends writing for this show - chasing after George RR Martin's genius ........... so with that I have to give them slack. There probably is no perfect way to do this season.......... except have GRRM write it but that'd take 10 years :p

Before I can digest this thing - I have to regurgitate my experience and feelings...

My questions:
                            What was Bran doing all episode?
                            We need more explanation about the Night King and his motivations. Last ep wasn't enough.
                            Did Ghost survive?
                            Why did Theon Suicide by Cop?
                            Why did Mellisandra suicide?
                            Why does this show love to kill children?
                            Who all survived? lol
                            Did Jon's dragon survive?
                            When the N-King brought the dead back - did that mean Dragon glass didn't mean anything or all those dead were killed with reg weaps. Maybe they were all the living side - killed and reanimated? Sure was a lot

Things I loved :

Arya -nuff said. That moment at the end - the library scene was kinda cool and we needed to slow the pace for a few minutes.
                            The moments where Dany was nearly dead like when her dragon was overun by wights. That was crazy. Also when he came back to lie down with Dany
                            Jorah was a beast at the end.
                            Dany was also a hero tonight. She didn't stick to the plan which isn't usually smart - but if not for her-....... you know
                            Loved Dany 'dracarus' the NightKing - for a minute I thought that was it! .......for a half a second maybe lol
                            All the times I genuinely thought some of the stars were GONERS ..... like you're saying to your self - there's no way this time...... then something happens(not cheesy though)

Things I didn't care for:

Sam was disappointing -I find it hard to believe he'd have survived.
                            Sansa's attitude toward Dany still .... think about what she's sacrificing for YOU Sansa ..... and everyone
                            Why did the Dothraki charge? And everyone else just stayed back ........ you can't fight a battle when you're outnumbered doing that. DUMB
                            Why did everyone take a smoke break when the dead were waiting out the mote fire? They could have been tossing fireballs into the pile of dead for 15m before Grandaddy Ice decided to send them in to make human fire bridges. Wasted time.
                            Grandbaby Mormont going out like a champ was just a little too ....... fan-service so to speak. Her just dying getting knocked to the side would have been perfect Game of Thrones 'stuff' -but they had to cheese it.
                            Bran giving Tyrion the look again early in the Ep -....... only to have no explanation. It was nothing but looks these past eps? It had to mean something.

Anyway - I wonder if this next ep is when Bronn comes back into play. and how.

What if in 3 weeks - Cercei is the winner of this Game of Thrones? I have a feeling since the Gold Co. are Targaryen descent ....... Jon's and Dany's influence could sway loyalty against Cercei (especially if he learns that Jon is the legitimate heir to the throne). Maybe that could nullify a 'contract'. Can already tell the Gold Co commander doesn't like Euron or as I Like to call him Urine since he killed some of his men over dumb stuff.

What if -the children of the forest factor back into the outcome of this series? Could the dead- not quite be dead? Can we rest assured that part of GOT is over with?
                            Last edited by dizzolve; 04-28-2019, 08:44 PM.
                            Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Arya makes sense in what her role has been. Really surprised the Night King went out like this. He was supposed to be a larger villian than Cersei.
                              AGREED, i am extremely disappointed with this, Cersei and Euron as the finale. LAME

Taking the Dothraki and charging in against a superior foe in pitch black was idiotic. Though Jon and Dany's plan to ambush the Night King's dragon falling apart when Dany witnesses her beloved dothraki fall makes sense. It was a way to advance the plot but they didnt do it in the best way.
                              also agree worst battle plan of all time, and what did ghost do? he did less then the dragons!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Melisandre went out with a bang. Damn. I get why she checked out. Her entire purpose was serving the LoL, and with the Night King gone, her task was met. I think Davos was gunna pull the trigger anyway.

All in all, I loved the episode. Some stuff didn't make sense. The initial Dothraki (cavalry) charge was sacrificial to a degree. They could've drawn them in and softened them up with arty first. Used the standing army to engage, and then flank them with the Dothraki (cavalry). This kind of stuff goes out the window for dramatic effect though. Also, definitely should've been dropping oil and fire on them when they were scaling the walls. They obviously had some in the pit, and normally you would drop it on them when they try to breach. Again though, dramatic effect.

Can't speak for everybody, but I had a blast watching this.

Comment

Working...
                                X