No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen the Game of Thrones RPG that College Humor made? I'd link I'd link it here but well.....yea not forum appropriate
    sigpic

Comment

• What's the best part of listening to the Song of Fire and Ice Audiobooks?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        What's the best part of listening to the Song of Fire and Ice Audiobooks?

I almost feel bad laughing at this...
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
          I almost feel bad laughing at this...
          I'm sad because the TV hodor isn't nearly as awesome....
          sigpic

Comment

• Finally got some time to start reading the books. I'm about 160 pages in to the first and it's great. There are clearly some differences between the book and the show, but overall I feel they did a great job with it. Really sad that we're almost at the end of this second season What, 3-4 episodes left?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              Finally got some time to start reading the books. I'm about 160 pages in to the first and it's great. There are clearly some differences between the book and the show, but overall I feel they did a great job with it. Really sad that we're almost at the end of this second season What, 3-4 episodes left?
              by my count only two episodes left

sigpic

Comment

• I finished the first book and am almost a quarter a way through the 2nd Taking up all my time!
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                  by my count only two episodes left
                  Last season, everything hit the fan in the last two episodes. Looks like they're following suit this year.

Comment

• I've tried watching it a couple of times, but haven't really gotten into it. It looks interesting though.

The series that has been really getting my attention is "Borgias".
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      I've tried watching it a couple of times, but haven't really gotten into it. It looks interesting though.

The series that has been really getting my attention is "Borgias".
                      what is Borgias? you are the second person i've seen mention that today.

and what didnt catch you on it? did you start at the beginning of the season or part way through? In my mind if television was a drug this ranks up there with the nfl for addictive value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post

and what didnt catch you on it? did you start at the beginning of the season or part way through? In my mind if television was a drug this ranks up there with the nfl for addictive value.
                        It's about a family that produced two different popes... I'm definitely going to check it out

sigpic

Comment

I've tried to watch it three different times and all three times I haven't been able to watch from the beginning. The first time I watched I really got into it. The second time I watched the content bothered me, so I turned it off. The third time was near the end of the program and I didn't have the patience to figure out what was going on.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I can't imagine catching this show mid-episode, or even mid-season, and hope to know what's going on. Also, I often wonder what it's like for the non-book readers who are watching the show. There's just SO MUCH more to the story, and even what they've included in the show is a sizable chunk to digest. My advice to you, AW4M, and to anyone and everyone else, is to read the books. The show is good, but the books are great, and the show's quality is not lessened because I've read the books. In fact, I often think that the show is enhanced because I know what's going on.

I remember reading somewhere that there are over 1300 named characters in the series - and I don't think that included what's in Book 5 (ADWD). Someone did a study once and they counted 54 named characters that met their end in Book 1 (AGOT). In Book 2 (ACOK) 72 more named characters lost their lives. Book 3? Well, just 97 more. Having 200 named characters in 3 books is a lot, but killing off over 200 named characters in 3 books is just crazy...

But, of course, I love it!

And speaking of Book 3... They won't have the luxury of waiting until the final 2 episodes to start all the craziness (Well, I suppose they can since Book 3 will be two seasons), but Season 4, along with the end of Season 3, will be absolutely insane. Can't wait.

That reminds me, Freyaka... Whoever told you that the books get slow in the middle is probably talking about Book 4 (AFFC). There's no way they were talking about Book 3 (ASOS). That book is chock-full of unbridled awesome. I think I've mentioned this before, but many people speculate that the problems GRRM had with Books 4 & 5 (i.e. 5 year waits, rewrites, etc.) were all caused by the way he wrote "A Storm of Swords". Many think that it's the best book (myself included), but all that action came with a price. It's a "fun" read , but it is rather undisciplined literarily.

Okay, that's enough... until next time... Winter is Coming, Valar Morghulis, Ours is the Fury, Hear Me Roar, Unbent Unbowed Unbroken, We Do Not Sow, and GO BRONCOS!!!

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                              It's about a family that produced two different popes... I'm definitely going to check it out

See this type of show I would have zero interest in. And I agree, GOT is as addicting as broncos, hockey, sex and nachos on superbowl sunday.

MTN- im with ya man, book 3 imo is the best book i have ever read. Ever. I loved that book so much. I just wish they would make the seasons like 20 episodes. Drag it out a little more, add a little more and help me pass the time a little better. Now, once GoT is done. I only have the stanley cup and then nothing until TC.
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                                See this type of show I would have zero interest in. And I agree, GOT is as addicting as broncos, hockey, sex and nachos on superbowl sunday.

MTN- im with ya man, book 3 imo is the best book i have ever read. Ever. I loved that book so much. I just wish they would make the seasons like 20 episodes. Drag it out a little more, add a little more and help me pass the time a little better. Now, once GoT is done. I only have the stanley cup and then nothing until TC.
                                Don't be so sure you wouldn't be interested. The debauchery is shocking. I had no idea the pope was allowed to have a wife.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X