Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One liner highlights following the finale:

    "So the wall only exists now to protect Brienne from Tormund."

    "West of Westeros is East of Essos.. Poor Arya."

    "Drogon is looking for writers."

    "Now they gotta build wheelchair ramps in King's Landing, which is going to cripple the economy even more."

    "Well at least one Stark got a satisfying ending. Thank you Tony Stark!!"

    "...Arya went west, Jon went north, Drogon went east, and the show went South."

    "Bran let Danny burn King's Landing to make it more accessible to wheelchairs."

    "Sam: What do we say to democracy in Westeros?
    Arya: Not today."

    Comment


    • I would have liked the Unsullied to have been burned by Drogon at Jon’s command.
      That would have been cool!

      I did like how Grey Worm was given the middle finger by having Jon go to the north under the pretense of joining the Night’s Watch, only for him to join the free folk like he wanted.
      Gross really? it was so ridiculous to me that GW had any say in anything, First GW would have immediately executed Jon once Jon stupidly turned himself in. Second why anyone on that council cared what an unsullied had to say is beyond me. Third on Bran is Kinged all he to do was say no, the whole kingdom against 1000 unsullied? really GW? he had literally no leverage other then Jon which he whould have killed immediately. The "NW" soultion was just dumb, then GW leaves anyways? no logical sense. Jon riding off to the north could have been done so much better. GW should have nothing to do with it.

      I would have liked to see GW walk in on Jon maybe as drogon picks up dany and flies off and Jon and GW duel to the death with Jon winning or even have ninja Aray fly in to save Jon at the last second. Seeing GW get away bothers me.


      I wish Ned Stark had lasted longer, I think the series could have been much better, if he had gotten closer to the end, if not all the way.
      Dont really have a show if that happens though?
      sigpic
      BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
        That would have been cool!


        Gross really? it was so ridiculous to me that GW had any say in anything, First GW would have immediately executed Jon once Jon stupidly turned himself in. Second why anyone on that council cared what an unsullied had to say is beyond me. Third on Bran is Kinged all he to do was say no, the whole kingdom against 1000 unsullied? really GW? he had literally no leverage other then Jon which he whould have killed immediately. The "NW" soultion was just dumb, then GW leaves anyways? no logical sense. Jon riding off to the north could have been done so much better. GW should have nothing to do with it.

        I would have liked to see GW walk in on Jon maybe as drogon picks up dany and flies off and Jon and GW duel to the death with Jon winning or even have ninja Aray fly in to save Jon at the last second. Seeing GW get away bothers me.



        Dont really have a show if that happens though?
        Grey Worm had leverage because he had control of King’s Landing and Jon as a prisoner, which indicates his understanding of politics. He knew not to kill Jon because of the consequences described by Sansa. There was no guarantee that all of Westeros would side with Sansa. Yara was upset about Danaerys being killed. Gendry owes his title to Danaerys, so maybe he sides with the Unsullied. The Dathraki would have sided with the Unsullied.

        I would be good with your idea of a JS vs GW fight with an Arya assist.

        If Ned Stark had lived longer, it would have been a different show and possibly a better one. This is where it would have been better for the show to have been inspired by the book series and not as closely based on the book series.
        You Mad Bro?

        Comment


        • I went into this episode with extremely low expectations and I felt like those expectations were met. I thought it was a "meh" ending and I'm OK with it. By the time last night's episode hit, I kind of just wanted the show to end.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            Grey Worm had leverage because he had control of King’s Landing and Jon as a prisoner, which indicates his understanding of politics. He knew not to kill Jon because of the consequences described by Sansa. There was no guarantee that all of Westeros would side with Sansa. Yara was upset about Danaerys being killed. Gendry owes his title to Danaerys, so maybe he sides with the Unsullied. The Dathraki would have sided with the Unsullied.
            KL is burnt down and doesnt even have a throne, let him have it. He has Jon, which I say is dumb he would have killed him. I will never believe GW has the forethought to keep a prisoner especially one that killed his Queen. And even if he did how did he know how or even who to contact to get that meeting set up? did he let his prisoners Snow and Tyrion do it? just awful writing.

            Its not about siding with Sansa, its siding with Bran, the guy they ALL just choose as King, they wouldnt all choose him then say disobey a command by him. Once that happened GW lost all leverage with Jon a prisoner as neither the Unsullied and Dorthraki stood a chance against the 6 kingdoms, if he kills Jon at that point they all die. Once Bran was chosen Jon should have been set free.

            There could have been better ways to have Jon ride north other then to make GW happy.
            sigpic
            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
              KL is burnt down and doesnt even have a throne, let him have it. He has Jon, which I say is dumb he would have killed him. I will never believe GW has the forethought to keep a prisoner especially one that killed his Queen. And even if he did how did he know how or even who to contact to get that meeting set up? did he let his prisoners Snow and Tyrion do it? just awful writing.

              Its not about siding with Sansa, its siding with Bran, the guy they ALL just choose as King, they wouldnt all choose him then say disobey a command by him. Once that happened GW lost all leverage with Jon a prisoner as neither the Unsullied and Dorthraki stood a chance against the 6 kingdoms, if he kills Jon at that point they all die. Once Bran was chosen Jon should have been set free.

              There could have been better ways to have Jon ride north other then to make GW happy.
              I thought it was a great episode. The plot and story was good but execution was bad. If we got two full seasons instead the mad queen plot would have been great.

              How has no one loved that Arya is going west which was mentioned a while ago, or even jon petting ghost! Or brienne writing in the knight book threat Joffrey made fun of Jaimie about?!

              Lastly!! How has no one mentioned that the three eyed raven orchestrated this the whole time?! His “why do you think I came all the way down here (from beyond the wall)” for the crown. His decisions ultimately made the 3eyed raven sit on the throne. He isn’t bran anymore

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
                I thought it was a great episode. The plot and story was good but execution was bad. If we got two full seasons instead the mad queen plot would have been great.

                How has no one loved that Arya is going west which was mentioned a while ago, or even jon petting ghost! Or brienne writing in the knight book threat Joffrey made fun of Jaimie about?!

                Lastly!! How has no one mentioned that the three eyed raven orchestrated this the whole time?! His “why do you think I came all the way down here (from beyond the wall)” for the crown. His decisions ultimately made the 3eyed raven sit on the throne. He isn’t bran anymore
                No he is Bran the Broken....why would he let them call him that??????

                Arya going West is meh, dont love it dont hate it. I wanted Ghost to bite Jons hand off. Brienne being in the kingsguard made no sense, she swore to protect SANSA, she should be in winterfell in her Queensguard.
                sigpic
                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                Comment


                • I did the unthinkable.....having never watched a full episode, I did take the time to read up on the characters a bit, and the basic plot behind the show. And so I watched the finale!

                  Don't get me wrong, I always knew this show had merit, but just not my thing. In the earlier years I thought it might be popular because of the nudity!!!

                  Anyway.....like someone mentioned, the cinematography is amazing, given this is basically a tv series!! The finale seemed like a movie to me, and a pretty good one! And though I am not deserving of being a critic, I will say that I did like how some of this plot ended. Like I say, I had a sense of who I liked more than others. For those who have an issue with Snow ending up in to the north....how fitting Snow in the north, and think of the north as a place like Canada! Not too bad!! Hey, The Raptors are doing fine.

                  I jest.....sorry.

                  What I did last night was akin to going to a movie, one that has multiple stories behind it. The past we do not see, but surmise. I got a sense of that. Now I am actually reading up more about the GoT journey. I have a sense of interest I did not have before. And I will find the time to watch the first episode, and see how things go from there. It's like when I go on a trip, and when I return, become even more curious of the place.

                  Again.....that was a film more than a tv show last night. It was much bigger than tv. And for that, I apologize for calling it tv. Yes, now I want more of the past.:thumb:
                  Last edited by CanDB; 05-20-2019, 12:10 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                    KL is burnt down and doesnt even have a throne, let him have it. He has Jon, which I say is dumb he would have killed him. I will never believe GW has the forethought to keep a prisoner especially one that killed his Queen. And even if he did how did he know how or even who to contact to get that meeting set up? did he let his prisoners Snow and Tyrion do it? just awful writing.

                    Its not about siding with Sansa, its siding with Bran, the guy they ALL just choose as King, they wouldnt all choose him then say disobey a command by him. Once that happened GW lost all leverage with Jon a prisoner as neither the Unsullied and Dorthraki stood a chance against the 6 kingdoms, if he kills Jon at that point they all die. Once Bran was chosen Jon should have been set free.

                    There could have been better ways to have Jon ride north other then to make GW happy.
                    Your refusal to believe Grey Worm is capable of having the forethought to not kill Jon seems like a personal issue.

                    The writers are telling you that he did, because he didn’t kill Jon out of emotion.

                    Bran’s lack of want for power and title makes it unlikely that he would dare Grey Worm to fight another war over Jon. That makes it about Sansa and the North’s pride. Therefore, the decision about Jon would have had to be settled before Bran was named King, in order to avoid a conflict between the North and the 6 kingdoms. That’s where it becomes about siding with Sansa.
                    Last edited by broncolee; 05-20-2019, 02:47 PM.
                    You Mad Bro?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I did the unthinkable.....having never watched a full episode, I did take the time to read up on the characters a bit, and the basic plot behind the show. And so I watched the finale!

                      What I did last night was akin to going to a movie, one that has multiple stories behind it.
                      What you did, Can, was akin to those folks who buy a novel and read the last page first!

                      When you watch the first episode of the series, notice that the very first scene is a visual mirror of the very last scene of the series -which I predicted a few weeks ago. Of course it was blatantly foreshadowed then, but...

                      Yes, the acting, direction, FX and cinematography are top notch, the series and its actors have won numerous awards and accolades over the years, and its ratings and viewership have skyrocketed to historic levels as the series progressed.

                      I envy you, I truly do. I wish I was diving into it for the first time.

                      Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                      Comment


                      • The ending wasn’t bad....kinda boring for me but it wrapped everything well.

                        Dani’s death... very anti climatic, but needed.

                        Jon snow to the north... I wish they would have shown something from him when he arrived in the north and the wild were waiting..

                        Cool with sensa...she wanted to be a queen and made it happen..

                        Same with bran and the imp... the seemed to fit for me,,

                        Didn’t like the unsullied ending... it didn’t seem to fit with them.,

                        Just my 2 bits on the finale.,
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          Your refusal to believe Grey Worm is capable of having the forethought to not kill Jon seems like a personal issue.

                          The writers are telling you that he did, because he didn’t kill Jon out of emotion.

                          Bran’s lack of want for power and title makes unlikely that he would dare Grey Worm to fight another war over Jon. That makes it about Sansa and the North’s pride. Therefore, the decision about Jon would have had to be settled before Bran was named King, in order to avoid a conflict between the North and the 6 kingdoms. That’s where it becomes about siding with Sansa.
                          The writers have put absolutely no foreshadowing or hinting or anything that would lead me to believe GW is capable of that, the writers didnt tell us anything, I dont buy it, making him smart because they needed him to be is not good writing.

                          On the second subject I dont follow what your saying. Bran was Kinged right then and there, BEFORE Jon's fate was decided. Also not sure why there would be conflict with the north and south by releasing Jon. Bran is king, as chosen by all the major houses right then and there, all Bran has to do is tell GW you do not belong get out or die, you kill Jon you die. There is no war, its 1000 unsullied and some dothriki, inside a city with no walls, and no dragon. Bran now has the vale army, riverrun army, the reach army, Storms end army, dorne and Yara's fleet. Sansa and the north army as well as an ally. GW has no leverage anymore, he does what they say or die.

                          Made 0 sense to me, and to make it worse they did all that to appease GW and he sails off to Naath, making it all pointless anyways!! They could have just told GW ya hes sentenced to life in jail hes in the dungeon forever now ok byyyyeeee. then release Jon. Bad writing.

                          I would have rather seen arya kill GW then use his face to send the unsullied and dothraki back to Esso's.
                          sigpic
                          BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                            What you did, Can, was akin to those folks who buy a novel and read the last page first!

                            When you watch the first episode of the series, notice that the very first scene is a visual mirror of the very last scene of the series -which I predicted a few weeks ago. Of course it was blatantly foreshadowed then, but...

                            Yes, the acting, direction, FX and cinematography are top notch, the series and its actors have won numerous awards and accolades over the years, and its ratings and viewership have skyrocketed to historic levels as the series progressed.

                            I envy you, I truly do. I wish I was diving into it for the first time.
                            As I say, I did the unthinkable, but at least I gave it a whirl! But even I was a bit shocked at what unravelled. Did you see the DT "event" coming?

                            Anyway....I am glad I watched it. Again, I was impressed with the quality of the production, and yes, the acting. These are excellent characters to examine. I have time. I will delve a little for sure!!:thumb:

                            One more thing....my wife and I are not always on top of such shows, though I do believe we watch our share. Another example, my wife started watching Breaking Bad a few years ago, and then I followed. It was great even though we were years behind. You can take value out of most things. Provided you don't wait toooooo long, and you don't know much of the detail (ie, the ending!!)! ha ha
                            Last edited by CanDB; 05-20-2019, 04:56 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                              The writers have put absolutely no foreshadowing or hinting or anything that would lead me to believe GW is capable of that, the writers didnt tell us anything, I dont buy it, making him smart because they needed him to be is not good writing.

                              On the second subject I dont follow what your saying. Bran was Kinged right then and there, BEFORE Jon's fate was decided. Also not sure why there would be conflict with the north and south by releasing Jon. Bran is king, as chosen by all the major houses right then and there, all Bran has to do is tell GW you do not belong get out or die, you kill Jon you die. There is no war, its 1000 unsullied and some dothriki, inside a city with no walls, and no dragon. Bran now has the vale army, riverrun army, the reach army, Storms end army, dorne and Yara's fleet. Sansa and the north army as well as an ally. GW has no leverage anymore, he does what they say or die.

                              Made 0 sense to me, and to make it worse they did all that to appease GW and he sails off to Naath, making it all pointless anyways!! They could have just told GW ya hes sentenced to life in jail hes in the dungeon forever now ok byyyyeeee. then release Jon. Bad writing.

                              I would have rather seen arya kill GW then use his face to send the unsullied and dothraki back to Esso's.
                              Where did this number 1,000 come from?

                              They started with 8,000. After the battle at Winterfell against the Night King they had half that.

                              Remember, after Sansa tells Grey Worm that there are thousands of north men, Grey Worm says there are thousands of Unsullied. There’s only mention of north men outside the city. There’s no mention of any other armies. Threats by Bran would have been met with the deaths of him and those around him and then a fight with the north men, that the Unsullied and Dothraki would likely have won.

                              The fact that Grey Worm was chosen as the leader of the Unsullied tells you that he’s the smart one. He didn’t just become smart in the nick of time.
                              You Mad Bro?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
                                I thought it was a great episode. The plot and story was good but execution was bad. If we got two full seasons instead the mad queen plot would have been great.

                                How has no one loved that Arya is going west which was mentioned a while ago, or even jon petting ghost! Or brienne writing in the knight book threat Joffrey made fun of Jaimie about?!

                                Lastly!! How has no one mentioned that the three eyed raven orchestrated this the whole time?! His “why do you think I came all the way down here (from beyond the wall)” for the crown. His decisions ultimately made the 3eyed raven sit on the throne. He isn’t bran anymore
                                I also enjoyed Brienne editing Jamie's wikipedia page
                                Red 98

                                Kareem rises to the top

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X