Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I CAN'T REEEEAAAD

Comment

• Don't feel bad i got mine kie two months ago and im only where the bot is coming out of his coma.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
        No kidding hey... such good reads...

Is that an eh?
        or a Hey?
        or an Aye?
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Comment

• I really wish that as bigger. anyway there are a pile of maps/info graphs from game of thrones available here

Comment

• Winter is Coming!

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Brace yourselves the semester is coming.. haha awesome coffee shop chalkboard.

Comment

• seriously... I am tired of waiting already... finish a book or a new season already...

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      seriously... I am tired of waiting already... finish a book or a new season already...
                      Haha, I feel the same way. Apparently Martin is a really slow writer though and takes like 3/4 years to finish books. Or at least I remember reading that somewhere. *sigh* Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                        Haha, I feel the same way. Apparently Martin is a really slow writer though and takes like 3/4 years to finish books. Or at least I remember reading that somewhere. *sigh* Oh well.
                        If only it did take him just 3 or 4 years. The first 3 books came out 2 years apart. Book 4 took him 5 years and Book 5 took almost 6.

I've mentioned it upthread, but if anyone is looking for something to carry you over for a bit then I would suggest the "Dunk & Egg" short stories. They're about a young hedge knight named Dunk and his squire, Egg. The events in them take place about 90-100 years before the beginning of A Game of Thrones. Lots of good backstory and history, and in fact, there's a fairly strong connection between some parts of A Dance With Dragons and The Mystery Knight. Plus, they're just good reads, as we would expect from GRRM. I found them clever and quite funny.

There are some more nefarious ways to get them, but they are available to... you know... actually buy too.

Here's the run down (some info here copied from one of the fansites)

The Hedge Knight
                        A hedge knight by the name of Dunk enters a tourney at Ashford.
                        - Originally featured in Robert Silverberg's Legends anthology
                        - Can also be found in GRRM's Dreamsongs: Volume II

The Sworn Sword
                        Dunk and Egg serve Ser Eustace Osgrey of Standfast, during a feud with Lady Webber of Coldmoat
                        - Featured in Silverberg's Legends II: Dragon, Sword, and King

The Mystery Knight
                        Dunk attends the wedding of Lord Ambrose Butterwell and enters a tourney as a mystery knight.
                        - Found in Warriors (edited by GRRM)

The Hedge Knight and The Sworn Sword have also been made into graphic novels put out by Dabel Bros. Pro and Marvel.

Along with the new HBO season, and the next book, I'm eagerly anticipating the fourth installment of the D&E tales now too. No word on when it will come out, but he's put a lot of work into it already and it shouldn't be much "longer".

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Thought this was pretty cool...

Top Nike designer rebrands Game of Thrones sigils.

George R.R. Martin paints pictures with words, but what happens when a Nike designer translates these words into actual pictures? Wonderfulness happens.

If you’re Nike Brand Design rockstar Darrin Crescenzi, and you’ve created everything from the Nike Fuel gauge to the US Men’s Olympic Basketball uniforms, what do you do in your spare time?

You, like the rest of us, get hopelessly addicted to George R.R. Martin’s fantasy series Game of Thrones. (Warning: Extreme, esoteric geeking out ahead. If you have no idea what the heck Game of Thrones is, go read the series, then meet me back here in a few months.)

“There was definitely a span there where friends stopped calling.” “Like many people, I was introduced by the HBO adaptation--I’m sure to the chagrin of the long-time readers. I began reading the first novel while watching the first season, quickly becoming hopelessly obsessed. I basically disappeared for about five months, devouring all five books in the series, culminating in this borderline-depression when there was no more books to read,” Crescenzi tells Co.Design. “I’m not entirely sure of the full impact the books had my social life, but there was definitely a span there where friends stopped calling.”

But unlike the rest of us, Crescenzi didn’t end his obsession there. He’s a branding expert, after all...
                          Read the rest here:
                          http://www.fastcodesign.com/1670630/...ame-of-thrones

See more of his sigil work here:
                          http://www.underconsideration.com/fp...ros-poster.php
                          Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                            you have no idea... I just hope and pray.. he doesn't pull a Robert Jordan.

I see MnG actually highlighted the pain and length of time between books. haha
                            yeah..

also cool re-branded sigs mng

Comment

• Grand Maester Pycelle during his salad days.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X