No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow it's finally back. It's so crazy how time seems to fly for some things and for others it just mopes by at sloth speed.

Now we just need Breaking Bad to come back too.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Haven't watched the series, don't have HBO, only some clips on youtube. I have a longstanding rule that the book is always better anyway.

Still, my favorite quote of the entire story comes in this 3rd season.

(Disguised for any possible spoiler)

"I put my life in the Red Viper's hands, and he dropped it. When he remembered, too late, that snakes had no hands, Tyrion began to laugh hysterically."
      A book I wrote

Comment

• Really glad to see this back...now can we just skip ahead to next Sunday already??
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• That one was a great set-up episode. Can't wait for next week already!

I haven't read the books so I don't know a lot of characters. Who was the guy with Robb Stark who also had a wolf pelt around him? He was cool, I don't remember him from last season.

Little disappointed there was no Brianne/Jaime scenes.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            That one was a great set-up episode. Can't wait for next week already!

I haven't read the books so I don't know a lot of characters. Who was the guy with Robb Stark who also had a wolf pelt around him? He was cool, I don't remember him from last season.

Little disappointed there was no Brianne/Jaime scenes.
            This guy?

That's Rickard Karstark.

The other (shorter haired) guy with him in the Harrenhall scene was Roose Bolton.

Both are Lords of their respective houses and bannermen to the Starks.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Just watched that scene again. Roose Bolton is the one with the fur. He's the Lord of the Dreadfort. You might remember last season Roose telling Robb that he could command his bastard son (Ramsay) to march on Winterfell and take it back from Theon. Anyway, the Boltons are... well... here's what the show is using for their sigil

"A naked man has few secrets, but a flayed man’s got none."

You can see it on Roose's chestplate on the show. Much more from him and his ilk this season - so stay tuned.
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

• That's awesome I remember that scene from last season now he just looked unfamiliar.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  That's awesome I remember that scene from last season now he just looked unfamiliar.
                  Yeah, kind of hard to keep track of everyone and remember what they've said and done. It's even difficult in the books (at least the first time through). And just think, HBO cut out a HUGE amount of people that were in the books - - plus, all the history and the names there. Names upon names upon names.

That reminds me: HBO has a new season 3 viewer's guide. I'd recommend the non-book readers to go there for more information on the characters and such. There are other fan and show sites, but it's just SO easy to catch a spoiler at them. Much better to stick with what HBO has. Cool interactive maps and family trees too.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/season3/

:thumb:
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

• BOOM! game of thrones day!

woop woop

Comment

• Second best sundays continue

No football.. but...GOT!

Comment

• Good thing my cousin set me up with his hbo go
                        sigpic

Comment

• So yeah. For those of us who haven't read the books, tell me I'm not the only one who hit the rewind button about three times on that one. Say what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            So yeah. For those of us who haven't read the books, tell me I'm not the only one who hit the rewind button about three times on that one. Say what?

I have read the books but which part are you speaking of? The end where they chop Jaime?

I cannot wait for the next episode, being that we have read the books we know what is going to happen and I am really looking forward to the episode most likely ending with khaleesi. That is going to be crazy how she trades a dragon for an army! She is badass and HOT HOT HOT!!!
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              I have read the books but which part are you speaking of? The end where they chop Jaime?

I cannot wait for the next episode, being that we have read the books we know what is going to happen and I am really looking forward to the episode most likely ending with khaleesi. That is going to be crazy how she trades a dragon for an army! She is badass and HOT HOT HOT!!!
                              Yeah, thts the part. I was trying not to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet. I thought this season was going pretty slow until that happened. I haven't read the books on purpose, because I don't want to take away from the show. That, and I know the show will be disappointing if I read them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                Yeah, thts the part. I was trying not to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet. I thought this season was going pretty slow until that happened. I haven't read the books on purpose, because I don't want to take away from the show. That, and I know the show will be disappointing if I read them.
                                This series is probably the best book-to-film adaptation I've ever seen. Sure, they change some parts, but it sticks pretty close to the core story line of the books, so it's not disappointing at all for me. But I understand you not wanting to read the books because it would spoil some of the surprise in watching the TV show. But I suggest you go back and read the first two books since those seasons have already come out...

Comment

Working...
                                X