No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, has anyone heard of the honeypot theory? Dont google it as its spoilers or something I am told. I have no clue what it is despite reading all the books, but we it has to possibly do with this season (only 2) left so i have no clue......Maybe because Rob Starks wifey is knocked up- as she said in an earlier episode?
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
      By the way, has anyone heard of the honeypot theory? Dont google it as its spoilers or something I am told. I have no clue what it is despite reading all the books, but we it has to possibly do with this season (only 2) left so i have no clue......Maybe because Rob Starks wifey is knocked up- as she said in an earlier episode?
      Rule of thumb to anyone who hasn't read the books and doesn't want anything spoiled; avoid all comments, any web searches, anything relating to GoT that has the ability to spoil it for you. Just play it safe.
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

By the way, has anyone heard of the honeypot theory? Dont google it as its spoilers or something I am told. I have no clue what it is despite reading all the books, but we it has to possibly do with this season (only 2) left so i have no clue......Maybe because Rob Starks wifey is knocked up- as she said in an earlier episode?
        I don't buy it. It seems like grasping at straws to me.

Comment

POSSIBLE SPOILERS - SO STOP READING THIS RIGHT NOW UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE BOOKS

As far as the show is concerned that theory may be spot on. I've had the thought a time or two myself, to be honest. Within the books there's still a lot that we don't know, and the changes they've made to this character are so huge that it prompted an actual name change. GRRM actually told D&D that the character in the show WAS NOT the character in the books - so they changed the name, history, and who knows what else.

But anyway, the theory has been out there for quite a while - well before the show. In my opinion, if it is correct, then the show-honeypot is a willing participant and more or less acting for their own personal gain (unless there's more to the story); while the book-honeypot is basically an unwilling participant in their elder's attempts to impress the ruling house and/or to not end up going the way of the Reynes. And regardless of their initial intentions I think it's entirely possible that both characters have actually fallen in love - which complicates things for them, naturally. The upcoming episode COULD (and should) be very telling with regard to this theory as it pertains to the show-honeypot, but might not have any relation to what's happening in the book (despite the possible massive ramifications this character's current state and end-game could have on the story). In some fans' eyes this is another example of how the show itself could become a major book spoiler.

I'm also one to believe that if they used the book version of this character in the show; and displayed the house/location/etc. to the audience, then this theory would be very well-known and the likelihood of it being true just a little too obvious. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why they've changed things up.

:shrug:
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
            Rule of thumb to anyone who hasn't read the books and doesn't want anything spoiled; avoid all comments, any web searches, anything relating to GoT that has the ability to spoil it for you. Just play it safe.
            Sage advice! :thumb:

I read a lot of the recaps of the episodes - from both book readers and new viewers, and I frequent 3 of the main sites covering the books and the show. I can hardly stand to read through the comments or visit the threads anymore. Not only are there so many people trying to spoil things, but I also can't stand the constant griping about the small changes and the subsequent bickering and infighting.

The latest... "BUT, BUT, BUT... SANSA DIDN'T KNEEL IN THE BOOK!!!! ARGH! [email protected]#%@%$^@#$%[email protected]#$%!!!!!"

Really?
            Winter is Coming!

Comment

This is HILARIOUS!!!!! But it is NSFW- language- its all text but hilarious. The past ones are good too, also NSFW. I love the subtle things like 200,000 slaves like this post, etc.

Oh- it also covers the most recent episode, so if you havent seen it, then it could be spoilers.

http://www.happyplace.com/24039/game...on-3-episode-8
              ROFL @ the leach's message

good fun
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• If anyone is interested in the 'honey pot' theory... there is a great video on youtube if you look it up.

Comment

• Can someone explain to me why nobody rarely if not hasnt complained about Spartacus sex scenes but have major issues when it comes to Game of Thrones....Spartacus has alot more sex scenes and yet I've never heard anyone say anything about that show...

I like both shows but I find it ridiculous that people think Game of Thrones is all about the sex,when Spartacus has alot more sex scenes and violence,when you compare the two shows...??????????????????
                  I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                    Can someone explain to me why nobody rarely if not hasnt complained about Spartacus sex scenes but have major issues when it comes to Game of Thrones....Spartacus has alot more sex scenes and yet I've never heard anyone say anything about that show...

I like both shows but I find it ridiculous that people think Game of Thrones is all about the sex,when Spartacus has alot more sex scenes and violence,when you compare the two shows...??????????????????
                    GoT is I assume a much more widely watched series.

Comment

• Man, not having an episode last night sucked.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• I like naked chicks so no complaints here
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'm already caught up , was fun being able to watch a bunch of episodes in a row but now I have to wait like you commoners.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                            I'm already caught up , was fun being able to watch a bunch of episodes in a row but now I have to wait like you commoners.
                            Ill commoner you. Keep t up and i'll send you to visit the lord of light! (insert maniacal laughter)

Comment

• TONIGHT

Finally!
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Anyone??!!

Damn
                                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...