Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another casting announcement.

    Joseph Gatt as ???? (Most everyone thinks he'll play Styr, the Magnar of Thenn. He definitely looks the part... well, except for the fact that he has ears )

    Winter is Coming!

    Comment


    • In case you guys missed it:

      A while back there was a leaked deleted scene from the 3rd season (someone used their phone to record it as it was playing during the ComicCon Q&A.)

      But, HBO decided to release it themselves in full HD on YouTube.



      Interesting, and somewhat similar to the stag butchering scene from the first season. This time, however, instead of slicing away at the stag of Baratheon he's killing the symbol/animal of House Tully.
      Winter is Coming!

      Comment


      • I might have mentioned this before, but years ago I started a fantasy football league called The Faceless Men. We're all friends and family, and fans of ASOIAF/Game of Thrones, of course. For the most part, our team names reflect something from the story.

        I'm having some trouble deciding on a team name this year and I thought I'd ask you guys for help. Usually I can narrow it down pretty quickly and pick just one, but I'm torn this year. 4 of these I really like and for some reason I just can't commit

        So, which one(s) do you like?

        Westerosis of the Liver
        Varamyr Fourskins
        Rhymes with (P)imp
        Morning Weirwood
        Ours is the Furry

        Rather rude and crude in some instances, I know, but that's how we roll in The House of Black & White.

        Appreciate the help.
        Winter is Coming!

        Comment


        • I like morning wood......I mean, I like the team name morning weirwood the bets. Second is rhymes with sleek.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

          Comment


          • The White Welkers!

            But I also like the Morning Weirwood
            Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 08-28-2013, 10:12 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
              I might have mentioned this before, but years ago I started a fantasy football league called The Faceless Men. We're all friends and family, and fans of ASOIAF/Game of Thrones, of course. For the most part, our team names reflect something from the story.

              I'm having some trouble deciding on a team name this year and I thought I'd ask you guys for help. Usually I can narrow it down pretty quickly and pick just one, but I'm torn this year. 4 of these I really like and for some reason I just can't commit

              So, which one(s) do you like?

              Westerosis of the Liver
              Varamyr Fourskins
              Rhymes with (P)imp
              Morning Weirwood
              Ours is the Furry

              Rather rude and crude in some instances, I know, but that's how we roll in The House of Black & White.

              Appreciate the help.




              I should add my team name is 50 shadys of greyjoy
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

              Comment


              • Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                The White Welkers!

                But I also like the Morning Weirwood
                The White Welkers... Love it!!!

                Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                I should add my team name is 50 shadys of greyjoy
                ^^^ Another awesome one!

                Morning Weirwood is probably my favorite. Westerosis of the Liver is fitting because one of the couples in the league owns a liquor store and they're quite the experts in all things drank. So, maybe not... it might hit too close to home.
                Winter is Coming!

                Comment


                • One guy I play with who is a big Cardinals fan has the team name "Minter is Coming". I lolled.

                  Comment


                  • OK, Thronies...

                    Meet your new Daario Naharis.

                    Michiel Huisman



                    No word on why Fabio... er, I mean, Ed Skrein is out, but Michiel Huisman is your new Daario.

                    Personally, I had my doubts about Skrein, but he did have a rather memorable introduction. Hopefully, this doesn't cause too much confusion.

                    Huisman has been in a number of things; including most recently Treme and Nashville.
                    Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 08-30-2013, 10:31 AM.
                    Winter is Coming!

                    Comment


                    • Wow, sucks for that guy! I didn't think he was too bad or anything. I did hate his smug face though. He had sort of a small role in Nashville, but he was good.

                      (Also MnG your pick is broken)

                      Comment


                      • Meh, whatevs. This guy is super lucky though since he'll get to do all the you-know-what scenes with you-know-who (trying not to be spoilery), but lets just say I'm pretty darn jealous.

                        Comment


                        • Well, while we're at it...

                          The Mountain has been recast too.......... again!

                          Hafþór “Thor” Björnsson



                          I thought Conan Stevens was great in season 1. In season 2 it was Ian Whyte, and he was much too skinny. In Season 3 Gregor Clegane was completely absent (as he was in Book 3), but in Season 4 he's a must.

                          Interesting choice. At 6'9" he sure looks the part (The Mountain is actually almost 8 feet tall) although he's quite a bit younger than he should be. Nothing a little make-up and a helm won't fix though.

                          Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                          (Also MnG your pick is broken)
                          Hmmm... weird. It appeared fine for me. I made an edit to my above post using a different link for the same pic.
                          Winter is Coming!

                          Comment


                          • @ 1:09

                            Winter is Coming!

                            Comment


                            • and....... Morgan Freeman!

                              Comment




                              • Winter is Coming!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X