No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the book readers (and even then - this is for those readers that don't mind reading some of the "sample chapters" from the upcoming book before the actual book comes out ).

GRRM posted another one from The Winds of Winter yesterday.

It's called "Mercy" and it can be found here: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerp...nds-of-winter/

It's good.

I've recently noticed that I've forgotten what I imagined the characters to look like before the show. When I'm reading now I don't see what I once envisioned Arya to look like, for example, I just see Maisie Williams.

It's all good.
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

• I'm one of those 'Unsullied' ones who hasn't read the books. Yet. I must say it's not getting any easier to resist the temptation. Everytime I'm on the ole' Amazon I catch myself looking at them... The original plan is to wait for the HBO to be over, but I'm having second thoughts.... I am very excited about April 6 though. Those trailers look pretty amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by raymoe View Post
        I'm one of those 'Unsullied' ones who hasn't read the books. Yet. I must say it's not getting any easier to resist the temptation. Everytime I'm on the ole' Amazon I catch myself looking at them... The original plan is to wait for the HBO to be over, but I'm having second thoughts.... I am very excited about April 6 though. Those trailers look pretty amazing.
        I admire your restraint, but that cacophony you hear are those 5000 pages calling out to you.

Better get started... :thumb:

Welcome to the boards, btw!
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
          I admire your restraint, but that cacophony you hear are those 5000 pages calling out to you.

Better get started...

Welcome to the boards, btw!
          I hear 'em! Considering that we're talking of years of restraint ahead, I might not want to punish myself for so much longer It's practically a monk-like existence....

Oh, and thanks (/cheers!)

Comment

• Originally posted by raymoe View Post
            I hear 'em! Considering that we're talking of years of restraint ahead, I might not want to punish myself for so much longer It's practically a monk-like existence....

Oh, and thanks (/cheers!)
            Read 'em! Read 'em! Read 'em!

Comment

• Alright so I just got the series in my clutches. BluRay and all. I have never read the books or even know what Game of Thrones is about so I'm hoping its reputation holds up to the hype..

I loved Spartacus. Those were awesome. I hope its somewhere in the same ballpark as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                Alright so I just got the series in my clutches. BluRay and all. I have never read the books or even know what Game of Thrones is about so I'm hoping its reputation holds up to the hype..

I loved Spartacus. Those were awesome. I hope its somewhere in the same ballpark as that.
                If you liked Spartacus, you should love GoT. Spartacus was more linear and action based, but there is a lot of depth to take in and appreciate in GoT. Production quality is top notch as well.

Kind of like you, I thought the first two seasons of Spartacus were great, but I thought it really took a dive after the prequel season. GoT is more consistent in that regard. Just don't let anyone spoil anything for you.

Man, how good would Spartacus have been if Whitfield hadn't passed? He was top notch in that role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  If you liked Spartacus, you should love GoT. Spartacus was more linear and action based, but there is a lot of depth to take in and appreciate in GoT. Production quality is top notch as well.

Kind of like you, I thought the first two seasons of Spartacus were great, but I thought it really took a dive after the prequel season. GoT is more consistent in that regard. Just don't let anyone spoil anything for you.

Man, how good would Spartacus have been if Whitfield hadn't passed? He was top notch in that role.

Show would have been unbelievable. Almost was already. But changing out the main character really hurt that one.

Comment

• Hunt or be Hunted

When your neighbor brings you rotten deer meat, make sure he takes the first bite of jerky.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• 1. More. Week.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• anyone read Arya's chapter for Wind of Winter that got released a few days ago...
                        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                          anyone read Arya's chapter for Wind of Winter that got released a few days ago...
                          I thought Tyrion's chapter just came out? And Arya's was from a while ago? Either way, haven't read either of the chapters that have been released yet, because it'll make me want to read the entire book. I'll probably just wait until the book gets released, hoping that's early 2015 at this point.
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• I realy don't approve that Maester George R.R. Martin is taking so long... now, IF I start reading the books I don't think I will have the patience to wait for him to finish. Anyway, if he finishes, I don't think he won't stay on the bottom of this list: http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ors-worldwide/

Comment

• So tomorrows the day

sigpic

Comment

• Game of thrones day

Anyone got the full version..
                                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X