X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

You'd better hurry up and ketchup !!!

Lol

Might have to hint at a boxed set seasons 1-3 for a birthday present. Would be good viewing in Summer when there's nothing worth watching on TV.

Comment

• Looks like I don't have to wait till my birthday.
      Seasons 1-3 are availabe to stream for free on the Sky website.

My only dilemma now, do I watch from the beginning or work my way backwards and start with season 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        Looks like I don't have to wait till my birthday.
        Seasons 1-3 are availabe to stream for free on the Sky website.

My only dilemma now, do I watch from the beginning or work my way backwards and start with season 3?
        The beginning IMO, everything is built off previous events, and some of the nuisances will be lost if you don't.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• Tsk, just found out I won't be able to catch up on stream after all. I'd have to upgrade my subscription which would cost me an extra 16 pounds per month!
            Dvd it is!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
              Tsk, just found out I won't be able to catch up on stream after all. I'd have to upgrade my subscription which would cost me an extra 16 pounds per month!
              Dvd it is!
              A healthy diet, and exercise can help with that

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                A healthy diet, and exercise can help with that
                Lol. I'd get fat on Game of Thrones!

Comment

• You should definitely start at the beginning Jaws!

Comment

• Jaws: I'll echo the advice here... DEFINITELY start at the beginning. :thumb: Better yet, read the books. But, whatever you do you should avoid searching info out on the internetz... or you will be spoiled.

Dizzolve: The fact that that felt good, but "not good enough" is by design. It's brilliantly cruel. Even when something "good" happens there's always some aspect of it that is dissatisfying - even horrifying. I'm not laughing at your theories at all. You're working through it just like the readers have (had) to. They did an excellent job with that scene, imo.

And, for those of you that might be interested:

GRRM et al. have been working on the "World of Ice & Fire" book. It'll contain histories, family trees, awesome illustrations, etc. Well, GRRM has released an excerpt from it and it's great. This deals mostly with the history of Aegon Targaryen (The Conqueror) and the beginning of his conquest of Westeros.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/world-...d-fire-sample/

And the picture of Aegon riding Balerion (The Black Dread)

Wow! Dany's dragons have a LONG way to go before they reach this size, but just imagine. What stands against THAT??? Another dragon would be the only hope. No wonder the Seven Kingdoms bent the knee.
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Uh oes, bit too late for that MnG, being digging a little in Wiki for some background on some characters already.

Thinking of buying the set of books for my bro for his 40th birthday and stealing them to read myself

Comment

• I was somewhat surprised to check the forums this morning and see all the controversy surrounding the way the Jaime/Cersei sept scene went down. Lots of crying over a blip in Jaime's "redemptive arc". Oh no!!! :doh: This probably isn't a topic we can delve into too much here, but I am curious as to what the book readers here thought of that. Overall, I thought it was a great episode - especially for one that followed two back-to-back phenomenal episodes. I was sad to see Littlefinger toss the necklace though.
                        Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Very good "set-up" episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                            I was somewhat surprised to check the forums this morning and see all the controversy surrounding the way the Jaime/Cersei sept scene went down. Lots of crying over a blip in Jaime's "redemptive arc". Oh no!!! :doh: This probably isn't a topic we can delve into too much here, but I am curious as to what the book readers here thought of that. Overall, I thought it was a great episode - especially for one that followed two back-to-back phenomenal episodes. I was sad to see Littlefinger toss the necklace though.
                            Havent read the books, but I do feel the scene was very strange. It almost feels as if they just threw it in there, and then tried to sweep it under the rug.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                              A little slow to start with a good finish as usual. However, I do believe that will be the slowest episode of the season. Based off the previews for next week, and knowing what's ahead...I'm very much looking forward to next Sunday
                              Being new to all this, slow is not always bad for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                                Havent read the books, but I do feel the scene was very strange. It almost feels as if they just threw it in there, and then tried to sweep it under the rug.
                                Its not in the books...so I don't understand why they did it,but in their defense they did came out and say that they did a poor job executing it that scene from the books.....

I know one thing,GRRM wasn't thrilled about it though,from what I read....
                                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X