Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Aww.
    Maybe this GoT is something I can watch with the young granddaughter after all
    That was the best part of that episode in my opinion- I was anticipating a reunion of John and Bran - and it aaaaaaaaaaalmost happened-

At least we got the dog/man reunion. Where in SEVEN HELLS!? Get over here
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
      ^^^ I read somewhere once that HBO and Nielsen figure in the estimated illegal downloads into their "all platforms" numbers. But, some people don't believe they do and I'm a little skeptical myself. If they don't then those numbers, as big as they are, are actually lower than the real viewership.

But let's put it into perspective. The average number of viewers of The Sopranos, HBO's "most watched show ever" peaked in 2004 at 14.4 million. That was before HBOGo, On Demand, etc., of course, and this season of GoT isn't finished yet, but it appears The Sopranos will soon become "HBO's second most watched show ever" (if it hasn't already).

This is HUGE news and I'd expect some kind of press release from HBO soon too.

yeah good points

In today's day, on demand is the epitome of convenient. Many used to not be able to watch because of when it's on. Face it back then - you had 1 hour in 1 week where EVERYONE came together. Anymore it's like the difference of 1hr and 168hrs. Just about everyone can make time for 1 hr out of 168.

Even the peeps that set VCR's to record had to be minimal - VCR's were not that convenient. They were a means to an end though. I lived in those times and I don't think I ever set my VCR to record something later any more than 5times total.

It's easy with digital. Painless - and that's if you're not just streaming it.

HBO deserves to count illegal streaming because it does exist in LARGE quantities. Just might take the final tally with a grain of salt though

Comment

• So busy this morning, but I just have to say...

Tyrion/Peter Dinklage absolutely killed it last night. The trial scene was superb - so much so that I'm getting chills again just by thinking about it.
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

So busy this morning, but I just have to say...

Tyrion/Peter Dinklage absolutely killed it last night. The trial scene was superb - so much so that I'm getting chills again just by thinking about it.
          It was absolutely fantastic, one of the best TV acting moments I can remember
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Peter Dinklage was so amazing in the last episode. You could just see Tyrion slowly crack from the beginning of the trial all the way to the end where he just ballistic. Just brilliant work by him.

Oh and Jaime's face when that happened was sort of priceless.

Comment

• The Blu-Ray (only) boxed sets contain the animated "Complete History & Lore" for each season. These particular versions have been edited to contain the soundtrack as well.

These are great and I'd recommend book readers and show watchers alike to check them out.

One warning though: Only watch the videos corresponding to the seasons that you have completed as there are some pretty major spoilers if you're not caught up.

Enjoy!

Season 1

-

Season 2

-

Season 3
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

• GREAT performance last night by Tyrion...just WOW.
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post

2nd time Tyrion chose trial by combat !

He did while on trial at The Eyrie.
                  Bronn volunteered to champion Tyrion for a price.

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                  That was the best part of that episode in my opinion- I was anticipating a reunion of John and Bran - and it aaaaaaaaaaalmost happened-

At least we got the dog/man reunion. Where in SEVEN HELLS!? Get over here

2nd time Jon and Bran were within shouting distance.
                  Bran and pals were hiding in the tower while Jon fought the wildlings and got away thanks to Summer/Bran.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Some ratings news:

James Hibberd at Entertainment Weekly says...

Just WOW!

As with previous seasons, about half of the viewers watch the show via non-traditional means. That is, they're either watching it online on HBOGo or downloading it illegally.
                    I know quite a few viewers like me who have gotten into it for the 1st time in S4 and doing the catch up same time for previous seasons.

Comment

• Figured I'd write out my theory for the next episode. I was thinking about Tyrions TBC, and was wondering how he can get out of it. Immediately after I thought that he should challenge the mountain. In which case, he could convince Oberon(sp?) to fight in his stead. Even though he doesn't like Tyrion, he hates the mountain more.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                        Figured I'd write out my theory for the next episode. I was thinking about Tyrions TBC, and was wondering how he can get out of it. Immediately after I thought that he should challenge the mountain. In which case, he could convince Oberon(sp?) to fight in his stead. Even though he doesn't like Tyrion, he hates the mountain more.
                        Shout out to myself

Comment

• Man Gendry has sure been on that rowboat for quite some time...

Still think the show ends up with him and Arya together on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            Figured I'd write out my theory for the next episode. I was thinking about Tyrions TBC, and was wondering how he can get out of it. Immediately after I thought that he should challenge the mountain. In which case, he could convince Oberon(sp?) to fight in his stead. Even though he doesn't like Tyrion, he hates the mountain more.
                            I have to admit a tear came to my eye in that scene - after Tyrion seemed to have absolutely noone left that would help him here came his Champion - literally and figuratively. The tear never escaped my eye as I regained control but- I just had to admit. While talking to Jamie I -for a second thought Jamie might have been the opponent of Tyrion's Champion. So glad he wasn't put in that position. I wonder when Jamie finds out the dude who cut his hand off is now dead.

I did also foresee the Oberyn deal but not until the beginning of this episode when I found out it would be the Mountain. This whole season I have been asking myself what is this character's point? Well there's no question why he's been written in now.

And how about The Mountain's brother ~The Hound? Getting all soft and gooey too. And the little Stark girl - feeling sorry for him. She is learning more and more. Her education in combat is pretty well laid out. She started with the footwork aspect - and learned many great sophisticated moves and philosophies from that 'dancer dude' that died in Kings Landing. And now she learns the more pragmatic aspects of killing with The Hound. She's callused to the ugly of killing and seemingly looks to have a bright future in the profession.

Sansa herself has about had it with dumb spoiled little boys and exploded -finally. Petyr Baelish finally expressed some motive of his latest chessmoves. And Brienne finally got the scent of Sansa's possible whereabouts. I wonder how long Baelish lives - and/or if Brienne becomes the lucky person to take him out of the game of thrones. Probably not though.

I hope Tyrion doesn't come out of this too changed. During his trial I saw that side of him that I really didn't like. When he was cussing the 'peanut gallery' I saw pure hate and dare I say 'evil'. I understand his expressions but still I hope it's not a permanent personality shift.

In time, I wonder if Tyrion becomes a queen slayer. He can never be safe while Cercei is alive can he?

How long until that commander at the Wall is relieved of his duties- either by appointment or death- he needs to go. His pride is an ugly matter that is going to be the death of all his subordinates.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

I hope Tyrion doesn't come out of this too changed. During his trial I saw that side of him that I really didn't like. When he was cussing the 'peanut gallery' I saw pure hate and dare I say 'evil'. I understand his expressions but still I hope it's not a permanent personality shift.

In time, I wonder if Tyrion becomes a queen slayer. He can never be safe while Cercei is alive can he?
                              Definitely an "Imp of the Perverse" moment there. I've wondered since the first season if Martin drew any inspiration for the Tyrion character from Poe.

Comment

• What makes you guys think Tyrion is going to be alive to have personality changes etc?

Not saying one way or the other, about his fate. But we have learned that GRRM will kill off many of our favorites in this series. Why would tryion be any different then Ned, Rob, Lady Stark, and the rest of the good people who have met some sort of anguish?

Just curious?
                                So far:
                                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                                X